• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Informative Posters to the Public on OC in Wisconsin

gunguy2009

imported post

I am putting together a Poster/memo to hang in alot of the shopping centers I shop at and even ones I don't. I want the public to know that there is a Law in Wisconsin that Allows a person to Open Carry. Alot of the troubles we have is because the general public is uneducated about the legality of OC!!! People get worried because the person in the net isle has a gun. They don't know its legal for them to do so. So they complain and cause headaches. The more we educate, the less problems we hope to have. I am looking to start posting them fairly soon in the Janesville/Beloit Area.Most of thepolice in this area know there is a OC law, but most of the public doesn't, that's what I hope to change.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I thought about making one at one time. Maybe a little poster that just explains the law, says about the memo from the AG, and maybe some links to read more. Also thought maybe to add those little tear off pieces at the bottom with a link to this website, so anybody interested can tear it off and go home and look us up and join the forum. I don't know about you guys, but i see a lot of things and then forget to look them up or just forget the website because I never wrote it down.

Posting these would be a great idea, really let a lot more people realize that his is legal and not to freak out and call the cops.

gunguy2009

imported post

Logan, I like your Idea of the tear-offs at the bottom. I made up a rough copy of a poster, I have a "Cartoon style gun drawing" as the background. Not a menacing, mean looking firearm. Something that will grab attention, yet not be disapproving to the non-gun community. Stating its legal in WI to OC, some other helpful info. Posting websites and places to look for info. I never thought about the tear-offs. I think I might add that, so people wont have to remember it. A larger chance they will actually go home and look it up. I plan on having mine out as soon as I complete it and looks presentable. Mine will be mostly in the Janesville/Beloit area, but will post everywhere I go outside the area. (Besides Illinois, I don't know the law there)

Good Luck to All and Happy Carrying

gunguy2009

imported post

Thought yesterday about having a couple Shirts made stating something about Open Carry being Legal. On a Hooded Sweatshirt and a T-shirt... Buy the Shirts and take em to a Screen printing place. wouldn't cost much I would Imagine...

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
I want the public to know that there is a Law in Wisconsin that Allows a person to Open Carry.Most of thepolice in this area know there is a OC law, but most of the public doesn't, that's what I hope to change.
There is absolutely no law in WI which allows Open Carry. There is no OC law. This is the same as our wearing of a purple polka dottedshirt law. There is no law prohibiting it, so it is legal to do. :dude:

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
gunguy2009 wrote:
I want the public to know that there is a Law in Wisconsin that Allows a person to Open Carry.Most of thepolice in this area know there is a OC law, but most of the public doesn't, that's what I hope to change.
There is absolutely no law in WI which allows Open Carry. There is no OC law. This is the same as our wearing of a purple polka dottedshirt law. There is no law prohibiting it, so it is legal to do. :dude:
So make sure when you do make a poster, pamphlet, or anything else that you don't say there is a law making OC legal. Just let them know the main laws regarding firearms that say what you CAN'T do.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

logan wrote:
So make sure when you do make a poster, pamphlet, or anything else that you don't say there is a law making OC legal. Just let them know the main laws regarding firearms that say what you CAN'T do.
I agree that the focus should definintely be that it is legal and educate the public on the laws which regulate how you may carry and the exceptions where it is not legal to carry at all.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Thought yesterday about having a couple Shirts made stating something about Open Carry being Legal. On a Hooded Sweatshirt and a T-shirt... Buy the Shirts and take em to a Screen printing place. wouldn't cost much I would Imagine...
In Michigan we made these up. Sold out pretty fast. They seem to work and gets the word out. I'm sure Wisconsin can do something similar.

protias

imported post

Venator wrote:
gunguy2009 wrote:
In Michigan we made these up. Sold out pretty fast. They seem to work and gets the word out. I'm sure Wisconsin can do something similar.
I would buy a couple of those.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I should get a couple shirts like that. The main time I OC is when I go grocery shopping, and I know a lot of people look at me and my gun after I pass them.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

That's a great idea and sales proceeds could go to a fund to start fighting back against these rogue legislators.

I think having the phrase "Which one are you?" on the back with 2 boxes. One that says Victim and one that says Survivor with a check mark in the Survivor box, would be a nice statement.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you guys are SERIOUS about this, I'll talk to a guy who make T-Shirts for a living. I'd bet I can get all sizes, and fairly quickly.

Old Grump

imported post

hduc2005 wrote:
I have been just printing the WI pamphlet on two pieces of paper and sticking them to the bulletin broads
Doesn't that upset the broads?;)

I think that drawing of Wisconsin with a holstered gun on it would make a great T-shirt. Some in various colors would be nice, I'd be in for 3 or 4 of them if the shirts are good quality. How hard would it be to put something like that on the back of a light weight windbreaker?