• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If someone ran for office would you donate?

kingmonkey

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a question for my fellow Texans. If someone was running for the Texas House in 2010 and they explicitly stated that if elected their first order of business would be to introduce an open carry bill how many of you would get behind that person, at least financially? I understand that there are other issues that are equally as important but I just wanted to see how you would answer.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rhenriksen wrote:
Sure, I'd chip in. No sense complaining about the lack of OC if you can't chip in to make a change.

Ditto, that's why I'm backing Medina for Gov.

Rick Perry hasn't done us wrong as far as RKBA, but Medina actually carries in public.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
rhenriksen wrote:
Sure, I'd chip in. No sense complaining about the lack of OC if you can't chip in to make a change.

Rick Perry hasn't done us wrong as far as RKBA, but Medina actually carries in public.
Thats at least one of the BIG reasons that I have already, and will likely donate more to Medina! However, if someone running was 100% FOR OC, but severely lacking on some other important issues, I would likely not support them.

CrossFire

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
rhenriksen wrote:

Thats at least one of the BIG reasons that I have already, and will likely donate more to Medina! However, if someone running was 100% FOR OC, but severely lacking on some other important issues, I would likely not support them.
Agreed Gator, although 2A and OC is very important to me an overall balance of all the issues that are important to me is a must in order for me to give support. Like you I will be giving more support (money) to Medina as I am able and for the reasons I have given above. I am not a single issue voter.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

I would certainly show support. Not sure what I can contribute finance wise but willing to help out and get word out there, support events, etc..... I am moving back to TX in the very near future, less than a few months. After OCing here in Idaho, I will have a hard time adjusting in TX again. I can CC there but that isn't the point.

I will however look at the other promises the person is running on. OC is definitely important to me but so are other issues.

I am part of a group of fellow OCers here in Boise who are organizing the Idaho Citizens Defense League and have a good start. I would like to get involved in any way possible with the next push to legislature for an OC win. I am taking with me the info we have so far up here and can bring it to the table down there. Looking forward to the fight.

drjoker

imported post

Yes, I donated to Ron Paul's campaign $100 for the last donation. He didn't win. Next time, I will donate $1,000.00. I have also been following my local congress and senate. I will be donating at least $100 to each of them, if they continue to support my constitutional rights. I usually set aside $1000 a year for such donations; NRA, congress, senate, local, and presidential. Since the DEMs won last election, we have to recuperate. I'm donating $2000 next year. I invite you to double your efforts to save liberty and donate for the first time or double your donations. No donation is too big. I mean, your forefathers DIED for your rights, the least you could do is donate a couple of bucks!

CrossFire

imported post

drjoker wrote:
Yes, I donated to Ron Paul's campaign $100 for the last donation. He didn't win. Next time, I will donate $1,000.00. I have also been following my local congress and senate. I will be donating at least $100 to each of them, if they continue to support my constitutional rights. I usually set aside $1000 a year for such donations; NRA, congress, senate, local, and presidential. Since the DEMs won last election, we have to recuperate. I'm donating $2000 next year. I invite you to double your efforts to save liberty and donate for the first time or double your donations. No donation is too big. I mean, your forefathers DIED for your rights, the least you could do is donate a couple of bucks!

You might want to donate to the Debra Medina campaign. She is running for governor of Texas. If you are not familier with her go to www.medinafortexas.com. She has some very good ideas.