• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDW permit test questions

BigBubba

imported post

1. I know they want u to be able to clean your gun, but how far down do u have to take it? Like a full detail strip, or justa field strip?

2. How many times do you have to hit the target out of how many chances, and at what distance?

3. Whats the average waiting time from taking the class to actually getting your permit?

Thanks, Bubba

TheMrMitch

imported post

BigBubba wrote:
1. I know they want u to be able to clean your gun, but how far down do u have to take it? Like a full detail strip, or justa field strip?
Field strip.

2. How many times do you have to hit the target out of how many chances, and at what distance?
You get 20 shots and must hit 11 from about 7 yards.....I'm fuzzy on this one.
3. Whats the average waiting time from taking the class to actually getting your permit?
A couple of months or so. I don't mind being corrected if my figures are too far off...Took my test in 1997.:dude:
Thanks, Bubba

chris in va

imported post

I took the class a couple months ago.

1. Field strip. Too many guns out there for a detail strip, and many people taking the class are *brand* new to shooting.

2. Can't recall the actual round count, something like 25 IIRC. Load five, shoot on his command, reload and shoot 10 more etc. It's absurdly easy, 7 yards and you have to get it in the black on a human sized silhouette target. Unless you have your eyes closed, there's just no way to miss. Just listen to EXACTLY what he says on the line, things will go much smoother. Don't do anything extra.

3. Depends on your background. I got mine in a month with a clean record, my friend...well, she had a two month wait due to a previous incident that was expunged off the record. Still got it though.

However I also had to wait 6 months for residency status before I could take the class having moved here from VA.
One more thing, I invite you to do your own research about the stuff that is taught in the class. The video is BORING as heck, but read up on open carry and concealed carry laws where you plan to be/travel to. There's a lot to know!