• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

any OC'ers in southern maine?

jay75009

imported post

i have yet to see another OC'er in southern maine, kinda feel like a lone horse on a plain haha anyone else OC daily in the saco,scabrough, kennebunk heck anywhere under portland? lol

summerof95

imported post

Not daily, but I was just up at Cabela's in Scarborough a few days ago.

I got some crazy looks from their employees, but none of the customers seemed to mind. Seems to me, if you're really nervous or uncomfortable around guns, the firearm department isn't where you should be working... I've never seen someone's eyes get that big at the sight of my holstered handgun.

But anyway, my usual area is a bit farther south, in the Portsmouth NH area.

jay75009

imported post

yeah haha, the firearms people there .......should work in fishing or something, there is one guy, tall skinny in his 40's............if you mention a pistol other than a glock he goes on the offensive and basicaly insults the crap out of you, and half the used weapons i've bought there dont work *eyeroll*

Maine really needs to get into the swing of OC, the town i live in "saco" is very OC friendly, the chief of police is a lifetime NRA member, and all the sergants know the OC laws so its a great place.............if only someone would do it here other than me :p haha

summerof95

imported post

Cool.

Although, as the weather gets colder and my clothing get bulkier, I'll probably be OC'ing less, and CC'ing more.

OC seems difficult with a heavy sweatshirt or jacket...

jay75009

imported post

hence why i used a old LEO duty holster lol the part that goes through the belt is seperate and connects at the bottom of the holster, that way with a thick jacket or sweatshirt, i can slide the clothing through the belt latch, and the holster and still carry

:monkey

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I attend the University of Southern Maine! I would love to OC around the Portland Area, but I obviously can't keep my HK on campus... I OC up in Caribou everyday when i'm home though!

jay75009

imported post

haha whatever you do DO NOT OC AROUND PORTLAND! lol the pd there is insane when it comes to OC, they WILL DISARM YOU! and not in a nice way lol

jay75009

imported post

im not entirely sure, he sure as hell should have though! i mean they held him at gunpoint, made him go face down in the mud, disarmed him, detained him for hours, confiscated his weapon "indefinately"...........what douchebags

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

well, I mean besides the fact that they are douchebags haha... thats illegal! Maine is an open carry state, it's a maine state law... a town can't just get up and say ope, we don't agree with this so when you cross this line we're going to f you... that doesn't happen.

jay75009

imported post

yeah, but places like portland lewiston and ESPECIALY BIDDEFORD! tend to think they can govern state laws whenever they like.............they get sued enough they will learn..........i say lawyers all around! lol

Deuce1911

imported post

the guy you memtioned, last i heard he had fired his lawyer and was looking for better representation. that was a few months ago. dont know whats up now.

jay75009

imported post

i think the officers whom arrested him being fired would be nuff justice :-D i've been stopped in portland for a headlight, and had my entire vehicle searched because they found a tylenol in the console......then told me to leave city limits and they didnt like "drug dealers" that PD needs to get its head out of its A**

summerof95

imported post

Yeah, I just heard recently that Maine police can search your car for practically any reason. That's nuts.
Here in the free state of NH, an LEO can't search your vehicle unless he has either a search warrant or your permission.

As for that other guy, I don't think he was officially arrested because of his firearm. I thought I had read that he was in violation of some "dangerous knife" statute.

jay75009

imported post

he probably had a $6 folder from walmart, but maine law says if you can open it with one hand, its concidered trafficing in illegal or dangerous knives..................if so why do they sell them at walmart lmao

crookarrow

imported post

jay75009 wrote:
i have yet to see another OC'er in southern maine, kinda feel like a lone horse on a plain haha anyone else OC daily in the saco,scabrough, kennebunk heck anywhere under portland? lol

im in sebago. i carry all the time. open or concealed. i have permit ,tho. does'nt really matter to me. what matter is that i can defend myself and exercise my rights.:cool:

arrow.

jay75009

imported post

crookarrow wrote:
jay75009 wrote:

im in sebago. i carry all the time. open or concealed. i have permit ,tho. does'nt really matter to me. what matter is that i can defend myself and exercise my rights.:cool:

arrow.
nice :-D i dont ever conceal, i have a 5" weapon, taurus pt-92 from the late 1980's..........too big to hide haha