• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Schwarzenegger signs AB 962

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

58Classic wrote:
I doubt very much that this State can be restored to it's Constitutional greatness short of a full-blown Citizen revolt. I am disabled now, and will leave such battles for others. Adios Kalifornia.:cry:
You are incorrect. Post-2A-Incorporation we will win the fight.

coolusername2007

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
58Classic wrote:
I doubt very much that this State can be restored to it's Constitutional greatness short of a full-blown Citizen revolt. I am disabled now, and will leave such battles for others. Adios Kalifornia.:cry:
You are incorrect. Post-2A-Incorporation we will win the fight.
AB962, even if contested and won in court, will still leave the fingerprintinginfringement in effect. CGF's fight against this bill is limited to the internet sales ban, not the larger privacy issue. And even if 2A is incorporated to the states this won't automatically remove fingerprinting legislation. In Feb 2011, you will be fingerprinted when you buy ammo - that's not going away. This isa personal assault on our liberties, it may also very well be a state's rights issue and may pass constitutional muster. Wewd is right, this state lacks a culture of liberty.

yelohamr

imported post

I just read this:

President Barack Obama called on Congress Wednesday to approve $250 payments to more than 50 million seniors to make up for no increase in Social Security next year.

There's $250 I can spend on ammo...like I did with the stimulus check.

4armed Architect

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
I just read this:

President Barack Obama called on Congress Wednesday to approve $250 payments to more than 50 million seniors to make up for no increase in Social Security next year.

There's $250 I can spend on ammo...like I did with the stimulus check.
Don't spend it yet (well, always spend on ammo anyway) since Obama is notorious for "calling" for one thing and doing another. Can anyone say "Transparency"...?

By the way, what is his definition of a "Senior"? (Hey! IHOP lets me order off the Senior menu, does that qualify - quick call Acorn for some advice!)

In the meantime, AB 962 may cause me to become a "hoarder". (Sigh.)

usaf0906

imported post

"reasonably regulates" are two words that should never be in the samesentance.

poothrowingape

imported post

Isent Gov. Schwarzennegger an email of my opinion.

I honestly doubt anyone is going to read this, but i still have to try. I am pretty appalled at how California has destroyed the rights of it's citizens. "the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed" That means it is illegal for you or anyone to make any gun laws!
I admit some are necesary. Who really needs a rocket launcher or explosives? But the fact that laws in this state are so extremely rediculous that people cant own firearms anymore is absolutely discusting.
AB962: the ammunition law you just signed is a gross encroachment on my second amendment rights. Forcing me to get finger printed and registered every time i buy ammunition. What if we did that to all of our rights gaurenteed under the Bill of Rights? Do you think the people would accept it if you required them to be fingerprinted and registered just to go to church? NO!!!
If you are going to register and fingerprint people to buy firearms and ammunition then i expect the next law you sign to be one that requires all journalists and media to be registered as well. They better have background investigations before you let them put pen to paper and let the public see their work.
Obviously I know this is not going to happen because it is also an infringement of the Bill of Rights. What I want to know is why the hell are people so affraid weapons? My family and I NEED weapons just to survive! My neighbors have been burglarized, as well as another neighbor almost INVADED! He came home one night to see multiple men advancing on his home. What did he do? He repelled the invasion with a firearm. Why? because You and I both know that those criminals werent going to wait 15 minutes for the sheriff to arrive.
I love California and was planning to live my life here. However, I am seeing the way this state is going and has already gone and I am sorry to say that I am going to turn my back on California, and leave.
Sincerely, MY NAME

usaf0906

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
Isent Gov. Schwarzennegger an email of my opinion.

I honestly doubt anyone is going to read this, but i still have to try. I am pretty appalled at how California has destroyed the rights of it's citizens. "the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed" That means it is illegal for you or anyone to make any gun laws!
I admit some are necesary. Who really needs a rocket launcher or explosives? But the fact that laws in this state are so extremely rediculous that people cant own firearms anymore is absolutely discusting.
AB962: the ammunition law you just signed is a gross encroachment on my second amendment rights. Forcing me to get finger printed and registered every time i buy ammunition. What if we did that to all of our rights gaurenteed under the Bill of Rights? Do you think the people would accept it if you required them to be fingerprinted and registered just to go to church? NO!!!
If you are going to register and fingerprint people to buy firearms and ammunition then i expect the next law you sign to be one that requires all journalists and media to be registered as well. They better have background investigations before you let them put pen to paper and let the public see their work.
Obviously I know this is not going to happen because it is also an infringement of the Bill of Rights. What I want to know is why the hell are people so affraid weapons? My family and I NEED weapons just to survive! My neighbors have been burglarized, as well as another neighbor almost INVADED! He came home one night to see multiple men advancing on his home. What did he do? He repelled the invasion with a firearm. Why? because You and I both know that those criminals werent going to wait 15 minutes for the sheriff to arrive.
I love California and was planning to live my life here. However, I am seeing the way this state is going and has already gone and I am sorry to say that I am going to turn my back on California, and leave.
Sincerely, MY NAME

While I dont like do be real picky about grammar and spelling on a website, it might help get your message across to the public official you are writing if you used spell check.

IfI was a public official and got this letter, the only thing it might convince me of is that we need more funding in public education.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

cbackous wrote:
While I dont like do be real picky about grammar and spelling on a website, it might help get your message across to the public official you are writing if you used spell check.

IfI was a public official and got this letter, the only thing it might convince me of is that we need more funding in public education.
As if they need an excuse for that in CA. Our teachers' unions have bribed their way into being the highest paid/benefited in the nation, and so none of their members can be fired practically no matter how bad (or criminal) they are.

usaf0906

imported post

I think this will only lead to MORE laws to help enforce this one. Is there anything in place to keeping CA residents from driving to Oregon or NV to buy ammo? Or even buying it online?

usaf0906

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
cbackous wrote:
Or even buying it online?
I believe the bill made it illegal to buy online. My father isnt to happy about that because he has a rare firearm that he can only find ammo for in the cabella's catalog.
That is sad. Too bad the FEDs wont come in and slap it down for effecting interstate commerce, lol.

chewy352

imported post

cbackous wrote:
poothrowingape wrote:
cbackous wrote:
I believe the bill made it illegal to buy online. My father isnt to happy about that because he has a rare firearm that he can only find ammo for in the cabella's catalog.
That is sad. Too bad the FEDs wont come in and slap it down for effecting interstate commerce, lol.
Wait a Minute I thought they only used that against us! LOL

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cbackous wrote:
poothrowingape wrote:
cbackous wrote:
Um, they will.

The fingerprinting and records keeping are probably going to stick around. But the ban of online sales is almost certainly in violation of Federal regulations pertaining to "common carriers" like UPS etc.

Although, I wonder if the lack of financial backing to litigate over non-second amendment issues is the reason California is able to ban so much stuff. It would seem like the same undue burden that would be placed on UPS by their having to avoid shipping ammo to CA is also placed on UPS every time California bans a flea-control product in common use everywhere else, because it's perfectly safe.

Edit: Wow, right there in this thread, on page 1. Why don't people read before they post?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3197663&postcount=35

Jero1987

imported post

As a past prison of the Imperial State of New York, May I be the first to give you a warm invitation to move to Virginia. I love it here. And hey, Ak47s and AR15s for everyone here! :celebrate

Oh yeah, the women are beautiful too.;)

poothrowingape

imported post

Jero1987 wrote:
As a past prison of the Imperial State of New York, May I be the first to give you a warm invitation to move to Virginia. I love it here. And hey, Ak47s and AR15s for everyone here! :celebrate

Oh yeah, the women are beautiful too.;)
i can tell by your profile pic i bet that gun is fun. heheh they rhyme.

coincidence? i think not;)

also +1 for the pistol bayonette. haha.

Jero1987

imported post

poothrowingape wrote
i can tell by your profile pic i bet that gun is fun. heheh they rhyme.

coincidence? i think not;)

also +1 for the pistol bayonette. haha.
Yeah she is! I love my AK-47 :) Cheap, always reliable, and if I run out of ammo she will spit rocks at lethal speeds. Plus I have plenty of high-capacity mags laying around (okay now im just rubbing it in, im sorry) :lol:

If any of you ever make it out to Western VA, ill take you shooting for free with all my buddies! Open invite! :celebrate

... just leave that CA pot at home. haha:)