Thread: Showtime Reality Show on Guns Filming out of Englewood

Post imported post

This article's obnoxiously sensationalistic, but it'll beinteresting to see the show.

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_13492702

Post imported post

I expect any TV show based on what was written in the article to be execrable.

Post imported post

The fact that it's reality TV will make it garbage. But the author of this article could make a kindergarten class rabbit look like a case study for PETA sponsored legislation.

One would think that the owner of The Shootist would want it's customers portrayed at least somewhat positively or he'd lose business. How were the proprietors of Miami Ink portrayed? I never saw the show, but I've heard from friends in the industry they did well financially.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I am looking forward to watching this show. The trailers look funny and I actually got my wife to watch them. I think ithas a chance.

Post imported post

Anybody else catch this? I thought it was great! Really painted the "Why do people buy guns?" question positively.

The fact that it's in Englewood just added another layer to it. I kept forgetting that partas I was showing a friend how to decap brass while it was on. Like the guy talking about the gang war near his store and that the police kept eyeing him like he needed a weapon of his own to avoid becoming a bystander statistic. He mentioned Colorado Blvd. and it repeatedly hittheviewerthat yes, yes indeed, that stuff happens "here".

Post imported post

I don't subscribe to Showtime, but I do like some of its stuff (particularly Dexter ).

Heard that some critic thought it was boring---guess he was a reflex Anti and hoped to see idiots obsessing over machine guns. Seeing normal people buying firearms would probably bore the critic.

Post imported post

Yeah, if you're not into guns, it's kinda dull. The salesguy the show centers on has personality though. He makes the show.

Post imported post

I watched it and I'm not really sure what to think...It kinda seemed 'canned' for mass consumption. Almost "Taxicab Confessions", but in a gunstore. I've been there quite a few times and have yet to even see that guy. Now grandma I've seen every single time I was there. Is it me or was the 'goofing off with guns' a little too much?

Now I'd really like to see the same show done at Dragonmans. THAT would rule but would be rather unpalatable for the sheep.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I've set it up on the DVR. It is entertaining.. (tonight one customer used a taser on one of his buddies for all in the store to see). Ryan seems like a good, friendly guy... but like MANY gun store employees.. needs to be (in my opinion) better with regard to safety. I see people point guns all over the place and (maybe it is on the cutting room floor) and Ryan says aim at the duck, but Ryan aimed a loaded pistol today at another store worker on tonights show while scolding the customer for doing the same. Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)