• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Showtime Reality Show on Guns Filming out of Englewood

mahkagari

imported post

The fact that it's reality TV will make it garbage. But the author of this article could make a kindergarten class rabbit look like a case study for PETA sponsored legislation.

One would think that the owner of The Shootist would want it's customers portrayed at least somewhat positively or he'd lose business. How were the proprietors of Miami Ink portrayed? I never saw the show, but I've heard from friends in the industry they did well financially.

jmar254

imported post

I am looking forward to watching this show. The trailers look funny and I actually got my wife to watch them. I think ithas a chance.

mahkagari

imported post

Anybody else catch this? I thought it was great! Really painted the "Why do people buy guns?" question positively.

The fact that it's in Englewood just added another layer to it. I kept forgetting that partas I was showing a friend how to decap brass while it was on. Like the guy talking about the gang war near his store and that the police kept eyeing him like he needed a weapon of his own to avoid becoming a bystander statistic. He mentioned Colorado Blvd. and it repeatedly hittheviewerthat yes, yes indeed, that stuff happens "here".

Anubis

imported post

I don't subscribe to Showtime, but I do like some of its stuff (particularly Dexter :) ).

Heard that some critic thought it was boring---guess he was a reflex Anti and hoped to see idiots obsessing over machine guns. Seeing normal people buying firearms would probably bore the critic.

mahkagari

imported post

Yeah, if you're not into guns, it's kinda dull. The salesguy the show centers on has personality though. He makes the show.

Evil Ernie

imported post

I watched it and I'm not really sure what to think...It kinda seemed 'canned' for mass consumption. Almost "Taxicab Confessions", but in a gunstore. I've been there quite a few times and have yet to even see that guy. Now grandma I've seen every single time I was there. Is it me or was the 'goofing off with guns' a little too much?

Now I'd really like to see the same show done at Dragonmans. THAT would rule but would be rather unpalatable for the sheep.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I've set it up on the DVR. It is entertaining.. (tonight one customer used a taser on one of his buddies for all in the store to see). Ryan seems like a good, friendly guy... but like MANY gun store employees.. needs to be (in my opinion) better with regard to safety. I see people point guns all over the place and (maybe it is on the cutting room floor) and Ryan says aim at the duck, but Ryan aimed a loaded pistol today at another store worker on tonights show while scolding the customer for doing the same. Ed