• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Race for Governor/CCW

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Re "typo"; no, rain on my leg is not warm. There are too many and different letters to be a typographical error.

What does it say of one afraid to be in error?
If you like I can look through your posts and paste all of your typos?

AaronS

imported post

I think Mark Todds web site is very well made, and informative. It lists a lot of his positions. It is also the primary driving force, that makes me run away from him as fast as I can.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

AaronS wrote:
I think Mark Todds web site is very well made, and informative. It lists a lot of his positions. It is also the primary driving force, that makes me run away from him as fast as I can.
You keep running but you never seem to leave Milwaukee. I guess your caught up in Walkers guiding light. That is OK though, I support your right to choose.

Just in case he wins, do you want me to save all of these posts you have supporting Walker, so that way when the proverbial poop hits the fan I can remind you of why you voted for him? :lol:

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
JBS was founded in 1958 and broadly defined conservatism through the VietNam Era and the Sixties. It does not sell our Rights as its stock in trade as the National Rifle Association does. It does not sell our Rights as its reason for existence like your NRA clients do. Do you realize how much money the NRA et alii gets and divides and divides and divides freedom loving pro-gun people with its lying.

WGO is not a client of the NRA and that is not reason for YOU to disparage it.

The active NRA bashing has nothing to do with the cash trail of the WGO. Cash comes in and I am willing to bet that you have no clue where it goes (except for a pretty web site and salary for its board). You are prasing the JBS for what it is not, as you are praising the WGO for what they (he) are (is) not. Tell me what the JBS is directly actively doing in WI.????? How about the WGO.???? Other than a pretty web site with recycled news stories, please tell me what the WGO is doing for us andhow the donations are being put to good use. It appears that the WGO has contributed to the fractured structure here in WI instead of trying to unify it.

The NRA provides grants to ranges. The NRA is a huge force in Washington. I don't support all of their politics, but they are deserving of my yearly membership if for no other reason than then fear they instill in the hearts of the gun grabbers. Of course this is not the only reason. The NRA is another group not meeting all ofour needs in WI. The NRA is too broad for what I am talking about.

We need a WI based grass roots organization, not just the loose groups of WI residents on a dozen different message boards.

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
AaronS wrote:
You keep running but you never seem to leave Milwaukee. I guess your caught up in Walkers guiding light. That is OK though, I support your right to choose.

Just in case he wins, do you want me to save all of these posts you have supporting Walker, so that way when the proverbial poop hits the fan I can remind you of why you voted for him? :lol:
Just in case he wins, that is funny. Don't forget in a few years to also remind me that I voted for Obama as well (you know, the man that had the National Park ban lifted (not to mention he is the first President I know of that will let you carry a gun in "line of sight" of his rallies)). I guess not all us Libs. are anti-gun...;)

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

AaronS wrote:
Just in case he wins, that is funny. Don't forget in a few years to also remind me that I voted for Obama as well (you know, the man that had the National Park ban lifted (not to mention he is the first President I know of that will let you carry a gun in "line of sight" of his rallies)). I guess not all us Libs. are anti-gun...;)
Let's be honest here. Obama had nothing to do with it. It originally happened under Dubya's watch and then was blocked in a move that the Obama administration supported. Oklahoma Republican Sen. Tom Coburn inserted an amendment to the credit card bill which allows concealed carry in parks dependant on State law.
Obama did not pass any new laws allowing Open Carry. Obama most definitely is anti-gun as is reflected in what he has said and done in the past during his political career in IL but has more pressing matters to address right now.

SAK

imported post

Today's world requires advertising and other types of marketing. Slogans and messages that can be repeated, and repeated, and repeated, until they finally take hold is what gets the job done. That's what we're focusing on, that's what we're spending the money on, and that's how things are going to change. OpenCarry.org also has the right idea by doing the radio ads. ICarry is focusing on both concealed and open carry, and will focus on women, handicapped, etc on having the means to defend themselves from violent predators.

The top-down communication platform used by most organizations isn't as effective as a collaborative approach. That's why on our site users can post news to the headlines, users can post links, users can do just about anything that administrators can do.

We'll be using surveys to provide us with the information necessary to make the right decisions on which direction to go. We're getting promotional products designed and ready to launch in a grassroots, guerrilla-marketing strategy. It's all going to come down to grassroots, and the organization that empowers its members to participate will be more effective than the organization that simply asks for money and tells everyone to hold back and wait for them to carry out their master secret strategies.

Hillmann

imported post

Instead of trying to pass a CCW permit system that will be full of restrictions, wouldn't it be much better just to have three laws removed or add the phrase "during commission of a crime" or "with criminal intent"?

Those three laws being

1 The gun free school zone(Unconstitutional)

2 The DNR code that requires guns unloaded and cased(way over reaching, has nothing to do with natural resources)

3 The law that bans concealed carry of dangerous weapons(A bad law that goes way beyond just guns and may be unconstutional)

If thees three laws were changed it would take power away from the government. If CCW passes it gives more power to the government, and stops the gun rights movement dead in its tracks, because we would loose(spelling?) the ability to argue legal cases on constitutional grounds because the answer will be, we can ban one type of carry so long as carrying is not completely banned. Which could lead to carrying becoming a privilege instead of a right. And once it becomes a privilege what is to stop the next Governor from adding a few more restrictions, and then the next adding a few more and so on until Wisconsin becomes like DC, 500 legal guns in the entire city.

I think that going for CCW is the wrong thing to do. In the near future it may be a benefit to some, but in the long run we would be much better off to just remove or change those three laws that are in our way of being one of the best states in the nation for gun rights and gunowners.

And once we get the those first three removed then it would be time to get the machine gun laws removed. Then get a law passed that declares that the Federal government has no authority over guns that are not used in interstate commerce and will provide defence to any citizen who is charged by the feds for possession of fully automatic weapons without a taxstamp that is legal in Wisconsin and hasn't traveled in interstate commerce.

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
AaronS wrote:

vr8yrp.jpg

Just to let you know, this is not in Milwaukee. I have to drive about an hour to get to our highway cleanup. I would be happy to make the trip up by you, if you start a highway cleanup project. It is a fun time.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

http://www.wisn.com/video/21200801/index.html

A link to the Mike Gousha Show, where a pol was taken on two of the Republican candidates (Walker and Nuemann) and two of the Democratic candidates (Barrett and Lawton) the numbers are not very high for either side. this is a good indicator that even though the media picked front runners might get all the media attention, it doesn't mean they will get all of the voters attention.

Only 39% of the Republicans polled were in favor of Walker. That is all. Only 14% for Nuemann. How much does that leave for a third candidate? 47%

The media is jumping the gun a bit on Barrett since he has not even announced his candidacy. Obviously he is a media picked favorite or they would not be considering him as a candidate until he did announce it formally.

Still the Democratic candidate poll shows that 38% were in favor of Barrett and opposed to the 16% in favor of Lawton. Which again leaves 46% open to a third candidate.

It is obvious that having either Lawton or Barrett in office would only result in more of Doyles policies being plagued upon the state and the tax payers.

However, looking at Walkers call for job cuts, wage reductions and concessions, furloughs, health care benefit cost increases and privatization he doesn't look to be anything more than the Republican version of Doyle.

The one thing that Walker doesn't mention is how much of a wage reduction he will take. In fact how much of a wage reduction has he taken as a Milwaukee County Executive? Has he had an unpaid furlough day? Has his share of his health care insurance increased? What concessions has he given as a county employee?

Hopefully these are questions that the voters will keep in mind when they step up to the poll to vote.

IMHO, all four of these candidates only offer more of the same.