• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bersa's

younggun20

imported post

I have seen alot of bersa 380's for sale lately. between $250 and $350

Any reviews on this? maybe as a couch gun to leave home with the wife?

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a Bersa 380 that the wife carries daily. It goes bang every time you pull the trigger. You will find a lot of info on them in the Bersa forums, just Google.

j2l3

imported post

If you pay 350 fot it, you got ripped off. It lists for 250. Good, solid gun. Does what it's supposed to, when it's supposed to. Extra safety features built into it as well.

Dreamer

imported post

I had a chance to handle a Bersa .380 a few months ago, and it was a well-made pistol. It handles well, shoots well, and is lightweight but solid enough to feel good in the hand.

The only problem I can see with them is that it's AWEFULLY tough to find .380 auto ammo of any type these days, let alone good defense rounds...

usnavy_233

imported post

I had bought my wife a Bersa Thunder CC .380 a while back. Put a couple hundred JHPs through it as abreak inwhen I first got it. The 12lb or so double action trigger was a bit overkill I thought but other than that, it went bang everytime and I hit where I was aiming everytime. For the price, I think you get a pretty fair product.

jay75009

imported post

and if the .380 isnt enough bang for your buck, you can get the the thunder 9mm or thunder .45 for around $410 NIB :-D same size almost too but a thicker handle

younggun20

imported post

Thank you all for your responses. Also I have carried a Makarov before and loved it

If you had your choice between the 2?

ecocks

imported post

I love my Bersa .380 and my son is getting the Plus model ($330 w/15 round mag.) for Christmas (shhhh!). They also have a CT version (not the 15 round though) for around $450. Great gun!

jay75009

imported post

i got a brand new bersa thunder .380 two tone with 2 mags for $305 at cabella's last summer, i still have it, actualy keep it in my toaster oven as a OH Sh*t gun.......and the best part, if anyone breaks in it will still be there, not many BGs check toaster ovens for goodies *unless they got the munchies* :-D

:p

ecocks

imported post

Yes, the gun lists between $310 and $391 depending on finish, action and mag capacity. Retail prices are from the low $200's to themid $300's depending on the dealer, FFL fees, mags and other extras.

You got a decent deal I'm sure.

My son likes mine so much he's about decided onthe 15 round modelfor his first personally-owned carry weapon.

jay75009

imported post

i just picked up a new bersa .380 for my brother, he's joining the Marine Corps and has never fired a weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............think it will be a good starter pistol for him

jay75009

imported post

The Wolfhound wrote:
Everyone on the Bersa forums seems to love theirs. My only issue is keeping it fed. .380ACP ammo is the Holy Grail these days.
i live within 20 miles of cabellas and kittery trading post, 2 largest gun stores in the northeast...........so finding .380 is a snap for me , its 9mm im having issues with lol

The Wolfhound

imported post

My local Wally World has WWB100s on the shelf in 45 and 9 tonight. 380 has appeared once since April. ( I scored all 5 boxes). I check daily as the store is close to home. 9 has been common, 45 sporatic but a regular visitor, 38 spl occaisional and 40S&W reasonably common.

smash29

imported post

The Wolfhound wrote:
My local Wally World has WWB100s on the shelf in 45 and 9 tonight. 380 has appeared once since April. ( I scored all 5 boxes). I check daily as the store is close to home. 9 has been common, 45 sporatic but a regular visitor, 38 spl occaisional and 40S&W reasonably common.

.40 isthe mostcommon caliber I see at the local Walmart, unfortunately it's also my least favorite caliber to shoot... :cry: 9mm is a close second and I just picked up 100 rounds of .38 special today for the revolverI haven't bought yet... Damn, Ijust realized that I've beencontributing to the ammo shortage problem because I buy a bit of whatever the local WalMart happens to have regardless of whether I own a gun chambered for it or not! (Yes, that includes .40) Oh well, having a couple hundred rounds of a given caliber on hand sure does make the decision to buy a new gun that much easier... :D

GWbiker

imported post

My favorite Bersa is the model 85/86 in .380acp. All steel, fixed barrel, 13+1, SA/DA with magazine safety and hammer drop. A good CC gun.

I paid $250 for near mint model 85 and three 13 round magazines.