• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone feel like OCing rifles? :D

b1ack5mith

imported post

grr. i spent 20$ on hgh scope rings... they werent high enough for my ar15 and my nikon 3-9x40... so i went online (still waiting for it in the mail) and bought a flattop riser... cost 25$ or so... i was okay with it. just went to walmart and friggin found EXTRA high rings by weaver... for 9$. i gritted my teeth together, bought them... and ofcourse, they worked. damn.

keeping the flattop and other scope rings for the next ar15 i get, im wanting a 20-24" fluted bull barrel :p

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

We decided today to go fishing in Spring Lake instead of hiking. We may climb West Mountain tomorrow.

Here are some pictures from today's fishing trip. Fish, family, firearms, and cheladas... what a good Saturday. :D

Here is Sierra and the albino trout that she caught with Tyler's Spiderman fishing pole.

CIMG1170.jpg

Travis is showing Tyler how to cast a line with a big boy pole. ;)

CIMG1173.jpg

Tyler is trying to catch some pre-caught trout.

CIMG1191.jpg

Tyler posing next to Tom's rainbow trout.

CIMG1189.jpg

b1ack5mith

imported post

tht was pretty fun though! and nobody got hooks in their fingers or anything! we should have got pics of the cows who were intrigued by tyler lol!

b1ack5mith

imported post

my bro and I went hiking up west mountain (about half way, the wind was just terrible way up there, took around an hour and a halfor more just to get that far!) and ill upload a pic of the valley that i got!

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ijnk46.jpg

i know i didnt do the BEST job on it, cause the cam wasnt stationary, but its still pretty beautiful!

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I love hiking and outdoor recreation please let me know. I have a fishing license I am dying to use. And don't mind going hiking anywhere in Utah.

Saying that I had a great time this weekend up Butterfield Canyon on the Tooele side of the canyon.

Never have had any issues and the officers are respectful and well trained.

b1ack5mith

imported post

you have a fishing license and dont use it!? :O i go fishing usually 2-3 times a week (used to go every day, but its just too cold to get up early anymore :p)

I have weak ankles and legs, and am just getting into the hiking kinda stuff, so i pretty much suck at it... still have fun though! on the trail we took up today, there was coyote skat under a tree off the side of the road, so i know for sure theres somethin to shoot at up there :D

b1ack5mith

imported post

Thanks dude :D

What you do is, either buy photoshop (which i know you wont spend 500-800$ on, cause i wont either lol) or download GIMP, which is free software online, and has all the same features as photoshop. then I went to the top of someplace high (the pics would come out much betterif i had used a real photography cam) and take a picture of part of the mountains, then aim at the next section of mountains, then the next, each picture halfway covering up the last place you took a picture of. then go home and... well you can figure out the rest lol

b1ack5mith

imported post

thankee thankee my good sir! now all we have to do is sight her in ;) OOH and think of a name... im kinda leaning towards betty, from betty boop (shes teh secks)

b1ack5mith

imported post

HAHAHAHA have you carried that puppy yet? now all we need to do is get you a pair of boots, a hat, and a western shirt!!!

speaking of the western... hows TJ been? :D haha!