• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone feel like OCing rifles? :D

b1ack5mith

imported post

Hey guys, between now and march, elk, deer and moose horns will be allll over in the canyons (i sold an elk horn for 150$) and this can be a good way to OC rifles! well, more for REAL self defense id say... sgt. jensen and I might go soon (well, if we find a game trail, we might even find a PAIR of elk horns!)

ooh, and my scope and weaver rings came in the mail today! yay! bad news though... i got the high rings... and they arrent high enough. so now i need a flat top riser :/

if anyone is selling a flattop riser, send me a message!

b1ack5mith

imported post

alright this is gonna be awesome :D

everyone who wants to go, just post up here if you want to, and we all (you, sgt. jensen, everyone else who wants to go, and I) will decide when we can all go :D

i cant wait! i have seen alot of elk tracks in payson canyon, and theres sposed to be some record setters up there (alotttt of money in those horns!) and sometimes ill see bear tracks, so the more people we get, the more safe we will be!

also, i dont want to sound like a "foil hat" wearing person... but my bro and I went up santaquin canyon once, to the top where the paved road stopped, and got out and walked a ways off the path... and we saw what looked to be a very large foot print beside a creek... trust me, its hard to get me to believe that kinda stuff, but seeing a footprint with the perfect shape of a heel and large toe, sent shivers up our spines... it must have been about 17" long

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

packingmama wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
and we all (you, sgt. jensen, everyone else who wants to go, and I)
I don't recall SGT saying anything to me? ;)
That's because Travy never said anything to me. :p

Payson Canyon sounds like fun! That is, if packingmama lets me leave the house. :uhoh: :lol:

b1ack5mith

imported post

hey! i mentioned it to you! "hey kev, wanna go hiking up payson canyon sometime?" "sounds fun" okay, so you didnt really AGREE to it... but you know you want some moose antler money!some of those suckers weigh up to 75 pounds EACH, and i saw a matched pair of moose antlers on ebay the other day for 10000$, it was from a trophy size moose, average size moose antler sets can still go for 1000-2000$!

but! the more often we go, the more moneys (in the form of antlers) we can make!

my friend made 300$ with his group of friends every sunday (they followed the game trails) but luckily, they stopped looking for em ;)

i looked up some stuff on it, and we will definately have to travel in groups of atleast 3 now (because of dangerous animals, getting lost, etc) and between october and march, the most antler drops will occur (some still happen before, some will happen after, but most will be happening soon) and i read that we have to get to the antlers before the porquepines! they love to eat them from what i hear!

b1ack5mith

imported post

Let's see if the SGT is allowed to! I'll give him a call later (unless he replies first)

Also, if we do get to go do this on saturday, you can all come over to my house (3 mins and 48 seconds away from payson canyon, i timed it lol) cause were having a small party this weekend... not the kind that most people have though. were having a tattoo party here at my house! I'm gettin a cross finished on my chest, we should have a few people gettin tats, and POSSIBLY some beer, im not sure yet lol, but you guys can come over and check it out if ya want!

i would love to get out there and look for antlers this sat though, lets hope sgt. jensen is allowed! send me a message if you want to go this sat, so i can get your phone #'s, and exchange #'s between all who is going :D

and NOW lets talk about what were all gonna be carrying! YEEEYUH the funnest part!

ScottyT

imported post

Another great argument for hiking this Saturday is that we can go celebrate Diwali at the Krishna Temple, which gets going at 6pm.

I was planning on going to that anyway, so it would be great to kill 2 birds with one tank of gas...

The vegetarian feast is only a $6 donation per plate and is generally amazing! The performances and other aspects of the celebration are all enjoyable for the whole family. Decorum calls for CC at the event, as it is a sacred place.

b1ack5mith

imported post

very cool!

i have some bad news about payson canyon... which WONT slow us down, but just a bit scary. saturday is the day the rifle hunt for deer starts LOL! dont wanna get accidently shot by a hunter or anything! lets see what sgt. jensen thinks about the subject

b1ack5mith

imported post

im not sure where we will be hiking yet, i go up there alot for fishing, but havent EVER been hiking, im just wanting to get into it, and i know there are trails. ill check on google maps to see if i can spot any overhead trails. ive heard theres TONS. if you guys want, we can always do the fun stuff... adventure out into the wild! im up for it if you are lol

b1ack5mith

imported post

i plan on going as often as possible :D especially between march and july, when all antlers have been dropped (i really want to go and explore out there, found a big piece of wooded area that would be prime for exploring!)

ScottyT

imported post

Crap. Looks like I am out this weekend.

My significant other was excited to come, but realized she has a doctor's appointment at noon (and appointment 2 months old that she forgot about). We are sharing a car this weekend, which leaves me high and dry.

We are definitely still going to Diwali at the Krishna temple if anyone wants to come and hang out!

manithree

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
We are definitely still going to Diwali at the Krishna temple if anyone wants to come and hang out!
I'm planning to go eat! I still miss Govinda's in Provo.

How do the HK's feel about OC? I can't find any legal reason not to, but it's their party, I'll CC if it offends them.