Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to do an OC get together?

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Hello all, I am currently a freshman at the University of Southern Maine! This post is just to see/generate interest in perhaps getting together and doing an OC luncheon or something of that nature? Maybe a walk around back bay cove if your in the Portland area??? But ya, just post if your interested and maybe we can get something together?? A trip to cabelas perhaps? I'm up for anything and everything!

Thanks,
    Shane Belanger

Post imported post

trip to cabellas sounds great! they dont have any OC issues, but the gun counter guys get really freaked out, its a great time :-) lol

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

I am about... 15 from cabelas... (my dorm to cabelas) I'll have to keep my HK at my friends apartment, although he already told me I could so that shouldn't be much of an issue. Hopefully we can get more people together!!

Post imported post

deffinately! it will be fun plus it might help more mainers understand OC :-D

Post imported post

sounds good! id like to hit up Portland with a bunch. maybe let the town know we will be there. i think thats the best way to do it. but a walk on back cove sounds good. get a chance to meet some faces and exchange ideas and thoughts on tactics and gear while enjoying the state we call home and the freedom of OC

Post imported post

definately! and if we get enough ppl, invite a news crew too haha doubtful portland PD would be making arrests infront of cameras, and plus the exposure would help the cause

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

now THAT is an idea Jay!!! Inviting a news crew is a tremendous idea!! Maybe we could even get some shirts stating our cause? That way we look like we're well organized and a force to be reckoned with! (in a good way of course)

Post imported post

well its a great way to show the city of portland, that we are here, were not leaving, we have and exorcise our 2nd amendment rights and we wont tolterate un-reasonable harassment or arrest from the PD there. plus it will spread the word on OC and possibly get more to join the cause, and lower MWAG calls .

Post imported post

i justfound the man who was arrested this year in back cove for OC by portland PD, and extened him a invitation to this forum and thread. hopefuly he will join and can give us more insight into the mentality of the broke down PD that is portland police :-)

Post imported post

Hello. Thanks for the invite Jay. I'm the man who was arrested once and detained several times by the Portland PD. I'm definitely in! I can probably get my father as well.

Post imported post

awesome man! were trying to get as many ppl as we can, portland definately needs to know that the police there cannot make up laws as they feel fit, and wrongly arrest ppl for stupid crimes that have not been comitted.

i think a large gettogether, with news crews, t-shirts, fliers and maybe even a OC sponsored walk around the whole back bay will show them that we are not criminals, thugs or agressive people, but doctors, lawyers, moms, dads, and regular joes who just want to keep thier 2nd amendment rights, and be allowed to use them without persicution from crooked police agencies

and on a side note, i think biddeford should be the project after this haha they are almost as bad

Post imported post

I work in Biddeford and so far my experiences with Biddeford PD regarding guns has been great. Their traffic nazi's on the other hand are out of control

Post imported post

really? lol BPD called the ATF on me and tried to get them to press federal firearms charges on me lol the ATF replied with "jay? hes registered with us, he hasnt done anything illegal" haha...............some biddo cops are good, officer cloutier, baldwin, greene...........others who will remain nameless............are wastes of oxygen lol

Post imported post

i was actualy told by a Biddo Sergant and i quote "you can legaly OC yes................but i wouldnt reccomend it......we would probably shoot you for it, and if not that probably harass you into not wanting to do it anymore, we dont like that here"

Post imported post

Doing a volunteer project, like trash pickup, is a very smart way of making the police look that much more silly if they harass you. And lowers the populace's chances of thinking you guys look threatening. And it makes the neighborhood look nicer! Win-Win-Win.

Post imported post

rhenriksen wrote:
    Doing a volunteer project, like trash pickup, is a very smart way of making the police look that much more silly if they harass you. And lowers the populace's chances of thinking you guys look threatening. And it makes the neighborhood look nicer! Win-Win-Win.
    exelent idea! and even possibly collecting funds for a charity at the same time, we need to set a POSITIVE example of OCers and firearms owners, to not only show the police that we are not a threat, but also show people that we are there to help, if its picking up trash to clean up the city, or saving someones life when the police cannot be there right away and we happen to be in the same place at the same time. People have this mis-conception that any man *or woman * carrying a firearm is a threat to the public, and could kill thier children. when the truth is , at 1:30am in back cove.........sometimes private gun owners and responsible firearm owners are the only things standing between the criminal and the victem............i think a possitive approach will not only help our cause, but will help the city as a whole as well............

+1 to rhenriksen

Post imported post

I would love to do a OC trash pickup in Portland!

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    i was actualy told by a Biddo Sergant and i quote "you can legaly OC yes................but i wouldnt reccomend it......we would probably shoot you for it, and if not that probably harass you into not wanting to do it anymore, we dont like that here"
    Another reason to carry a voice recorder. That type of horsesh*t should not be tolerated from the ones who are supposed to "serve and protect", not "harass and annoy". I'll be back home around the holidays, and I'll be bringing my Glock, maybe we can do another meet up around then. Good luck!

Post imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
    jay75009 wrote:
    Another reason to carry a voice recorder. That type of horsesh*t should not be tolerated from the ones who are supposed to "serve and protect", not "harass and annoy". I'll be back home around the holidays, and I'll be bringing my Glock, maybe we can do another meet up around then. Good luck!
    yeah i carry a digital everywhere now , even when i CC.........i told that officer "alright, but i have to warn you, if you fire on me for walking down the street, I WILL return fire and you WILL lose......" he basicaly shut up at that point and left, biddeford cops cant shoot thier way out of a wet paper bag lol

Post imported post

boyscout399 wrote:
    I would love to do a OC trash pickup in Portland!
    Im in !! i carry all the time. we need to plan the location of meet and the time and when .. ??? let's go.
    Arrrow.:celebrate

Post imported post

I am a huskie too... let's make this happen!

Post imported post

Let's OC!

Go maine -So goes the country!

Open Carry!

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

ok, so I don't want this thread to die... I really want to get this together. Lets come up with a date? Hopefully sometime after the spring semester so that I can participate? :-) (I'll need to run up to Northern Maine and grab my HKusp Compact in .357 sig and go back down to the OC event, but it'll be worth it! I'll bring my father as well!) So... any suggestions on dates? Lets get some jobs set up as well, such as who's responsibility it is to get costs on t-shirts, who's going to contact news organizations, how about who's going to contact the local leo's? LETS GET THIS BALL ROLLING!

Post imported post

Well, I probably won't travel down there to an event, but I wouldn't mind helping to organize one up here.

I was thinking about t-shirts myself. My wife has an embroidery business so she can get clothes at cost. Quantity is crucial though else the shipping negates the savings. Is there a logo or design already adopted? or a slogan?

She might be willing to pull together an embroidered version.

Fred
    Blanchard

Post imported post

shanebelanger wrote:
    ok, so I don't want this thread to die... I really want to get this together. Lets come up with a date? Hopefully sometime after the spring semester so that I can participate? :-) (I'll need to run up to Northern Maine and grab my HKusp Compact in .357 sig and go back down to the OC event, but it'll be worth it! I'll bring my father as well!) So... any suggestions on dates? Lets get some jobs set up as well, such as who's responsibility it is to get costs on t-shirts, who's going to contact news organizations, how about who's going to contact the local leo's? LETS GET THIS BALL ROLLING!
    well. im in pretty tight with saco PD.......we have some rec area's here. sure i could get them onboard. that way they wouldnt give us any issues. and would keep any liberal gun haters away ;-) but thats only if we do it here in saco haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast