• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody want to do an OC get together?

DEROS72

imported post

I Live in Wa. state and post these pics around to let folks to help keep this up all over.Maybe encourage I hope.We have meets here all the time and LE leave us alone and your idea of trash pick up went good out here so mybe it is something you could try.I'm just like I said to do what I an to keep up the momentum for something that is a basic right....

We managed to get news coverage of several of our events and it has worked in our favor..JImhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MQgWu_9Jo
KOMO 4 5PM News Broadcast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh8KW40bjLw

KOMO 4 6PM News Broadcast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8yinMa6hc

DEROS72

imported post

One of the fellows got the hwy cleanup going....

attachment.php

DEROS72

imported post

Picnics etc.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Teaparty rallies
attachment.php

We all have to continue to make this national...

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks .That was on the Capital steps in Olympia last spt.12 ,something I believe we can all do nationally this spring .In the mean time OC everywhere everyday.You'll find most realize we are pretty good folk and become accustomed to it.Get groups,dinners etc.Ieven got Starbucks and Safeway to sponsor 2 of our meets.Supplied all the food ,coffee etc for our bbq's.Because the ywere used to seeing me/us everyday.How many do you know that can walk in armed to a major grocery chain and have them sponsor a pro gun anti crime rally. We didn't pay for anything.All a matter of building a repoir with the community.2 of the meets we had, we had gift bags with toys and candy for the kids,prize drawings ,free burgers and dogs for the public. Blumethals uniforms donated some stuff for us to give away.When you get the community involved then OC becomes a non issue for the most part.

At my bank..... after picking up my starbucks.....
attachment.php

Deuce1911

imported post

wish i could go into my bank like that. they still wont let me even tho they know me but anyway. maybe i should bring them starbucks like you did lol. thanks for all the ideas by the way. really diggin the Adopt-A-Highway thing you guys did! what a great idea!

DEROS72

imported post

Thank m1gunr for that one .That was his creation.Getting the community involved really helps.

Hendu024

imported post

Instead of trying to make a huge extravagant event out of this, why don't you just get a couple guys together and walk around town? Just carry a few copies of the law with you, a voice recorder, and make sure you are following all the laws. The cops can only do so much, and there's safety in numbers. I have only OC'd 2 times in Portland, but neither time did I have a problem. I definitely got some :shock: from people, but AFAIK, no one called the cops or the SWAT team.

It's friggin' legal, and there's full state preemption.

Carry on.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
Instead of trying to make a huge extravagant event out of this, why don't you just get a couple guys together and walk around town? Just carry a few copies of the law with you, a voice recorder, and make sure you are following all the laws. The cops can only do so much, and there's safety in numbers. I have only OC'd 2 times in Portland, but neither time did I have a problem. I definitely got some :shock: from people, but AFAIK, no one called the cops or the SWAT team.

It's friggin' legal, and there's full state preemption.

Carry on.
Larger events are beneficial and they rally the troops - helps people that are a little shy about OCing to be in a crowd the first time or two. Dinners, breakfast and picnics to name a few do this and "normalize" OCers. Note that women and children are golden.

Smaller groups just walking, sight seeing or stopping at Starbucks spreads the word too. Yes, safety in numbers - particularly with recorders or better yet a camcorder.

Good to see the enthusiasm here.

Yata hey

DEROS72

imported post

Good idea guys ,I have found that everything you do big or small helps promote the cause of gun rights.

and always try to look your best ,I do......

Deuce1911

imported post

well me and my old man oc alot when are together. problem is most of my friends dont carry at all. tryin to change that but i need to meet some people who oc so we can hang out

oh and DEAR GOD

DEROS72

imported post

WE here in Wa. are having another OC dinner in Everette on the 17th.We expect aprox 30 or so.Some of our meets we have had 40 plus..Rock on guys.

Also there is some real scary s..t out there people need to be aware of.Look at the following very important and pass it on...Watch the video it will scare the crap out of you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU]

or this....http://www.eutimes.net/2009/12/us-fo...ican-citizens/

Edited by administrator to remove content more suited to other sites. I have left the links if you feel the need to investigate.

jonjon_jon

imported post

Was at gun show last fall and understand there is going to be 50 state march on all State Capitals by the NRA this spring, I would suggest a strong showing, and then to continue to carry openly through out the rest of the summer as the public gets used to the idea.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jonjon_jon wrote:
Was at gun show last fall and understand there is going to be 50 state march on all State Capitals by the NRA this spring, I would suggest a strong showing, and then to continue to carry openly through out the rest of the summer as the public gets used to the idea.
Welcome aboard OCDO.

OC is indeed a positive educational tool along with the other benefits. Many grass roots organizations across the country encourage and take part in such events as well as promote individual, daily OC.

To my knowledge the NRA is hardly the originator of this idea. In fact the NRA does little or nothing to promote OC. Their preference has been to push for CC at the expense of OC.

I believe that the 50 state march began with the planned event in Washington D.C. and originated with the Tea Party groups.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Done as a bump to fill the "None" on the Maine state forum section.

This apparently occurs when the top topic is moved.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Furf wrote:
Just joined to say I am down. Let me know. I Enjoy a good OC every once and a while.
If you add your location to your profile, you just might find someone in your neighborhood. :)

That and it helps in answering state specific questions on the forums + the mods appreciate it.

Yata hey

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

And so it begins: LETS PICK A DATE FOR THIS BACK-BAY WALK AROUND!!! I'll say that ANY sunday works perfectly for me. So i'm thinking sometime in April perhaps? Maybe we can get a number of shirts that we need printed as well as size and cost per shirt? I think that it would be beneficial if we all had matching shirts. We can also set up a table with information on the event and have a fund raising bbq!(The money would go towards the shirt purchase if anyone needed help and maybe into a fund so we can do this every year and have doorprizes? maybe give it oc.org it's really whatever works. SO like i said, lets pick a day, get some shirts made and start the buzz!!!!! If anyone would like to contact me directly feel free to email me: shanebelanger@gmail.com

Thanks,
Shane Belanger