Thread: My new holster

Post imported post

its just a pro tech; its made of padded nylon with velcro retention straps, and a spare mag pouch. totally ambidextrious and uses a metal clip to hook it to your belt.

folks have said that it hangs out too far, wobbles back and forth, and tends to want to flip over. that is all true, it is really impracticle and insecure, feels sloppy and unsafe!

Sooo get rid of the metal clip, thread your belt "under" the clip slot and its all good.

suddenly its held much closer, it doesnt flop or tip, that insecure feeling is gone!

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Talk about an old man setup. No offense to you, thats just the first thing that came into my mind.

Post imported post

I'm sorry... But all I can is tie die... And it makes me go

Post imported post

Most welcome - looks much better than that belt you had tied around it in the first set of pics......

Post imported post

Nice! Not nearly as ghetto.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

I tried that "cross-body" position and didn't like it much. But if it works for you then great!
    I am the person responsible for myself, my wife and my son. I take that VERY seriously.

Post imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
    I tried that "cross-body" position and didn't like it much. But if it works for you then great!
    i just feel alot more secure against any kind of agun grab. i dont feel like my gun is behind me, its up front where i can keep an eye on it!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Post imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    tyguy808 wrote:
    i just feel alot more secure against any kind of agun grab. i dont feel like my gun is behind me, its up front where i can keep an eye on it!
    a major point ofthe advantage of cross draw that i forgot to mention;

your gun is above your seatbelt when sitting in your car, it is read to grab and draw, even with your coat over it, its really easy to get to.

Post imported post

tyguy808 wrote:

your gun is above your seatbelt when sitting in your car, it is read to grab and draw, even with your coat over it, its really easy to get to.
    First of all, great meeting you at the dinner this last Sunday! Thanks for suggesting it!

Secondly, much better holster! I was scared for you when I saw your original carry method!

Let's all do something again soon!

Commodore

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

tyguy808 wrote:

Do be conscious of a gun-grab from the front.

I forget where I saw this demonstrated in photographs. Maybe Bill Jordan's No Second Place Winners. There was a section devoted to carry positions. Apparentlya number of cops over the years had their guns grabbed from the front while wearing cross-draw. This was back in the day, ifyou will. Jordan would have been writing about the late thirties through the mid or early sixties. The text tended towards discouraging cross-draw.

If I recall, thediscussion included how one is at a distinct leverage disadvantage trying to prevent the gun being removed, compared to thegrabber's leverage. It had some pretty convincing photos demonstrating the moves.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

interesting thoughts! i remember reading bill jordan when i was young.

the advandage about seatbelts is still valid.

Post imported post

I want to see pics of the gun. how long is that barrel?

Post imported post

n16ht5 wrote:
    I want to see pics of the gun. how long is that barrel?
    its 5 1/2 " thats a star modelo super in 9mm largo. thats 9x23mm same as 38super!