• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new holster

1245A Defender

imported post

its just a pro tech; its made of padded nylon with velcro retention straps, and a spare mag pouch. totally ambidextrious and uses a metal clip to hook it to your belt.

folks have said that it hangs out too far, wobbles back and forth, and tends to want to flip over. that is all true, it is really impracticle and insecure, feels sloppy and unsafe!

Sooo get rid of the metal clip, thread your belt "under" the clip slot and its all good.

suddenly its held much closer, it doesnt flop or tip, that insecure feeling is gone!

003-5.jpg

001-2.jpg

002-5.jpg

1245A Defender

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
tyguy808 wrote:
I tried that "cross-body" position and didn't like it much. But if it works for you then great!
i just feel alot more secure against any kind of agun grab. i dont feel like my gun is behind me, its up front where i can keep an eye on it!

a major point ofthe advantage of cross draw that i forgot to mention;

your gun is above your seatbelt when sitting in your car, it is read to grab and draw, even with your coat over it, its really easy to get to.

Commodore76

imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
I tried that "cross-body" position and didn't like it much. But if it works for you then great!
i just feel alot more secure against any kind of agun grab. i dont feel like my gun is behind me, its up front where i can keep an eye on it!

your gun is above your seatbelt when sitting in your car, it is read to grab and draw, even with your coat over it, its really easy to get to.

First of all, great meeting you at the dinner this last Sunday! Thanks for suggesting it!

Secondly, much better holster! I was scared for you when I saw your original carry method!

Let's all do something again soon!

Commodore

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tyguy808 wrote:

Do be conscious of a gun-grab from the front.

I forget where I saw this demonstrated in photographs. Maybe Bill Jordan's No Second Place Winners. There was a section devoted to carry positions. Apparentlya number of cops over the years had their guns grabbed from the front while wearing cross-draw. This was back in the day, ifyou will. Jordan would have been writing about the late thirties through the mid or early sixties. The text tended towards discouraging cross-draw.

If I recall, thediscussion included how one is at a distinct leverage disadvantage trying to prevent the gun being removed, compared to thegrabber's leverage. It had some pretty convincing photos demonstrating the moves.