• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Media Paranoia?

pdxwarrior

imported post

So I'm sitting here watching the news this evening and it occurs to me, there's been a lot of anti-gun-toting media press recently. Some quick examples:
  • River Rat in Washington/Oregon
  • Gun-toting soccer Mom found dead in PA(?)
  • Two armed robberies announced hours apart in Marion County, OR
  • Bar shooting inside/outside in Ohio
Of course there's our normal concern that Obama will go after our guns, or more likely our ammunition. However, has there been any thought that the anti-gun movement will/could use these recent events to attack carry rights or worse - handgun ownership?

I understand that we can easily shun this and state that these people shouldn't have had the guns in the first place. However, in the case of the "soccer Mom" she was a legal gun owner, with a carry permit. Unfortunately, your average person may not think this way and quickly jumps on the anti-gun movement.

What are your thoughts? How about carry concerns? Any thoughts that open carry will get more attention? More likely to experience MWAG calls?

pdxwarrior

imported post

Wow! Perfect example. It's always good to see a pro-gun news report. It happens, but not too often. Was this aired on TV or just in the papers? Looking at the KOIN page it's listed as a top story so I'm thinking they must have aired this one.