• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 year old with a gun!

gsx1138

imported post

Yeah, but it's my 8 year old. I took her to the range today. This is the first time she's ever fired a gun. She did awesome and followed every rule perfectly. And when she wanted to check her target so bad I told her she had to ask the other people there if she could make the range "Cold". She did so.

Here's some pictures. Her target is at the 25 yard mark.

k3.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

3-2.jpg

G27

imported post

Better than what I can do at 25yards. that's why i spray and pray! ;) good job and thanks for passing responsible gun practices to your kids. it really does make a difference.

fire suppressor

imported post

:) Good job! My dad srated me shoot a .22 LR at 6 but I dont rember hitting any bullseyes my first time. Lots of fond memories

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I love it when I see kids shooting, some of the funnest times when I was a kid. Kudos on being a great dad, spending quality time with your kid and passing down a great heritage.

Mad Pick

imported post

^^ Please, don't start another pissing match . . . .

To OP: Great pictures, and great story. Nice job teaching her!

And that's some good shooting, too. She should be proud.

gsx1138

imported post

killchain wrote:
Very cool! Good to see gun responsibility being taught to the kids! :)

What was she firing, by the way?
Ruger 10/22

She was already bugging me this morning before school about going again. :)

I posted some crappy cell phone video on Youtube and she was too excited. I think the range we go to has some youth classes but I'll have to check into that.

FunkTrooper

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
killchain wrote:

Ruger 10/22

I posted some crappy cell phone video on Youtube and she was too excited. I think the range we go to has some youth classes but I'll have to check into that.
You need to stop indoctrinating your child into a life of violence, if she is "bugging" you to go back to the range so she can shoot shoot some more she must be dangerous. /sarcasm off

Seriously though you may want to be concerned about her talking to kids/teachers at school about it, I've heard some awful stories about the Child Protective Service in the past. But maybe I'm just overly paranoid I mean I went to school in Alaska and heck I even looked at rifles on the computer in front of my teacher and never had a problem.

DEROS72

imported post

That is really awesome .Seeing the kids being taught properly .You kid is a natural.I have 3 daughters grown nowbut had them at the range when they were about 11 or 12.They had a blast.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I love to see kids being taught the right way, Keep it up. My kids just about broke me shooting, but it was worth every penny.

Orphan

killchain

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
killchain wrote:

Ruger 10/22

Very cool. I love my Ruger 10/22. :)

Commodore76

imported post

What a great way to spend time with your little girl!

These days I see more and more parents without the time, for whatever reason, to spend with their kids.

Very cool!

Commodore

n16ht5

imported post

very cool. nice shooting too. make sure you tell her to talk all about it in school :lol:

DEROS72

imported post

For sure.When I was having coffee yesterday a bunch of high school kids were there eveidently on there lunch.One of the young guys complemented my weapon.I turned to the group and asked them if they are taught the Constitution in their schoollsthese days.They said no not really especially the second ammendment.The young man said he new of it because of his parents .

Commodore76

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
For sure.When I was having coffee yesterday a bunch of high school kids were there eveidently on there lunch.One of the young guys complemented my weapon.I turned to the group and asked them if they are taught the Constitution in their schoollsthese days.They said no not really especially the second ammendment.The young man said he new of it because of his parents .

Having met you, I'm sure you did. I certainly hope you told the kid that he had good parents that MUST care about his real education, not the public one.

Have a good one!