• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinners?

UtahJarhead

imported post

I've seen other areas and states hosting Open Carry dinners where all of the participants OC and simply all go out to dinner as such. I haven't seen this for Utah. Does nobody here in the Utah section organize them?

thx997303

imported post

Actually, the prevailing rule is that you bring it up, you organize it.

So when and where is the next OC dinner?

Golden Corral tends to like to hold them, but we've done that before.

UtahJarhead

imported post

10 post immunity! Only had 10 posts on here prior to this one right here! Besides, I'm too chicken to OC, yet. ;) First personally owned handgun was just bought this last Saturday to go with my CFP.

Edit: I don't have the balls to at LEAST until I see others doing it first.

thx997303

imported post

It aint that hard, set up a time and place, post it here, and people will show up.

That's how it worked in the past. Oh, and make sure the place you are holding it at is friendly to OC.

I don't recall there being a post count immunity. But hey, what do I know :)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
I've seen other areas and states hosting Open Carry dinners where all of the participants OC and simply all go out to dinner as such. I haven't seen this for Utah. Does nobody here in the Utah section organize them?
AH, search function greenhorn. ;) There have been many OC dinners and events. Here is the short list.

* October 2007 OC dinner at the Provo Towne Center Red Robin.

DSC01978.jpg

* November 2007 OC lunch at the Layton Golden Corral.

golden.jpg

* December 2007 OC dinner at the West Valley Golden Corral.

IMG_1127.jpg

April 2008 OC dinner at the Sandy Sweet Tomatoes, with Nick Riccardi of the Los Angeles Times.

New011.jpg

June 2008 camp out and shoot, where ScottyT arrived on his scooter.

DSC02142.jpg

August 2008 picnic at Sugar House park.

DSC02224.jpg

November 2008 OC dinner at Gardner Village.

DSC02407.jpg

March 2009 OC dinner at a Salt Lake Golden Corral.

IMG_2150.jpg

Then there was the September camp out which I barely missed, and just 3 nights ago my welcome party that you missed. ;)

There are many more that I don't have pictures of, but you get the idea.
All you gotta do is say when and where, and we'll show up! :celebrate

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Well, now that you have broken the elusive 10 post mark, where is the next meet? :p
Our family will be there for sure! "SGT and I" if you haven't discovered that yet. ;)

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Or find a park or public place. It is always fun and exciting to go to these meet-ups. If you are concerned about open carry call me I would love to go OC with you any day.

I am always excited to see new people Open Carry. It just reinforces the cause that everyone has worked so hard here in Utah to bring about.

Zach
801-448-7574

b1ack5mith

imported post

wow i had my border patrol hat on in all but 1 of those pics that had me in it! and i look lame when my freakishly red hair is longer.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Folks,
Since that does appear to be the tradition, I'll see what I can do as far as finding a gun-friendly business willing to accommodate gun carriers. I make no guarantees on how successful I'll be and if I even can. Seems like most on this forum are from SLC and south and I'm up in Ogden.

Anyhow, we'll see what I can dig up. There a standard price range or are places like Maddox off limits? ;)

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
Folks,
Since that does appear to be the tradition, I'll see what I can do as far as finding a gun-friendly business willing to accommodate gun carriers. I make no guarantees on how successful I'll be and if I even can. Seems like most on this forum are from SLC and south and I'm up in Ogden.

Anyhow, we'll see what I can dig up. There a standard price range or are places like Maddox off limits? ;)
Haha I would say under 12-15 dollars a plate. If you want fancier, feel free but some (me) might not be able to afford coming.

Feel free to set up the time and date and let us know the location later.

ScottyT

imported post

Shoot for $10 or less per entree to get as many people there as possible.

Weekday evenings are much easier for restaurants to cater to a large group (also much better for some 9-5 people like me who strive to get out of town every weekend).

I know back east (Virginia) they have had a lot of success at Fuddruckers, which is good for groups since you order your own food and there is plenty of room for bigger groups.

Buffets are great, but Golden Corral has been done to death and Chinese Gourmet won't let us come!

UtahJarhead

imported post

BBQ at a park wouldn't be bad provided it's on the weekend and not 3 degrees F. That alone could rule it out! ;)

GeneticsDave

imported post

I agree about trying to keep cost below $10 per person (most of us would rather spend our extra dough on gun stuff than a fancy-pants restaurant ;) ).

I don't see any reason not to shoot for a date in November, we used to have a meet almost every month. December tends to be pretty busy with folks and the holidays, but if you do it early in November, you miss Thanksgiving and would likely get a nice turn out.

I think the time for outdoor events has just about run it's course this year, unless you book something for a Saturday lunch - that MIGHT work depending on the weather, but an indoor location would be safer.

Good luck jarhead! (thanks for bringing it up :) ) - when you get the final details arranged, we can post the event over on UCC, unless there are objections to inviting the CC'ers.