• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinners?

UtahJarhead

imported post

It's not about OC'ing and CC'ing IMO. It's about wearing whatever..... 'accessories' the Constitution affords us. :) "SAME TEAM, SAME TEAM!"

UtahJarhead

imported post

that's fine, but let's hold off until (if) we get a set date. I'm tryin! Let's just see if I can follow through. Emailing a few chains to see what they say... Red Robin, etc.

ScottyT

imported post

Here's another vote for the first week of November! Too late in the year for picnics, IMO and I am usually not around for Saturday afternoon events.

I find that calling and talking to a manager or actually going in and talking to a manager is far more effective than emailing.

Red Robin is OC friendly. I had an OC birthday party there last year (at the location by Fashion Place Mall) and tend to get in there maybe once a month, all OCing without any trouble.

Best approach is to say something like (while OCing) "I have a group of 20-40 people who would like to come in and patronize your restaurant." Once you have their interest, explain that the adults will be legally armed in adherence to all State and Local laws.

GeneticsDave

imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
Scotty, I like that approach. Plus they have kick-ass burgers.
Mmmm... Bleu Ribbon Burger... mmmmm....

298_lg.jpg

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Why not a barbecue in a park I have a grill that is dying to be used.
Too cold! And dark too early.
I agree, too cold now! :uhoh: Unless we are all going ice skating, park city alpine slide, etc. something that involves having fun outside!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
when you get the final details arranged, we can post the event over on UCC, unless there are objections to inviting the CC'ers.
Without the UCC crowd, some of our OC dinners would look pretty scarce!

It seems that that the bulk of people that show up to these events come from UCC.

b1ack5mith

imported post

packingmama wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Why not a barbecue in a park I have a grill that is dying to be used.
Too cold! And dark too early.
I agree, too cold now! :uhoh: Unless we are all going ice skating, park city alpine slide, etc. something that involves having fun outside!
wait a minute... theres an ice skating place around here!? wow when do we get to go!? i havent gone ice skating in... 12 years! man i miss it! ok packingmama, you mentioned it, youre setting it up!

ichigo

imported post

I would love to attend my first OC dinner. A large group of like minded people, good food, all are edified and full. I'm in. Date and time, somewhere central?
I fall a lot ice skating and usually land on my hip so no go for the OC ice skate. If I did go I would have to smart carry. Never have fallen on my crotch so I should be safe.
-banki-

mqondo

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
wait a minute... theres an ice skating place around here!? wow when do we get to go!? i havent gone ice skating in... 12 years! man i miss it! ok packingmama, you mentioned it, youre setting it up!
There are a few places to ice skate around here. Murray is probably the nicest I have seen in a while. This is where it is located: 5201 Murray Park LnMurray, UT (801) 270-7280. Not sure how they feel about guns though. Haven't been there in a while.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There is always seven peaks ice arena in Provo.
They have 2 really nice arenas. It is where some of the Olympics were held. I have been there several times. :D
Someone else will have to set it up though. :p

b1ack5mith

imported post

nope nope packingmama, you said the word, youre the next to do it!

do they have rental blades at 7 peaks? been so long ill probably break my tailbone!

thx997303

imported post

I believe that it still falls to UtahJarhead.

Crazy b1ack5mith, it's not her turn. I believe that packingmama has already planned and executed a get together recently.

Welcome Home party for some guy:p

GeneticsDave

imported post

ichigo wrote:
I would love to attend my first OC dinner. A large group of like minded people, good food, all are edified and full. I'm in. Date and time, somewhere central?
I fall a lot ice skating and usually land on my hip so no go for the OC ice skate. If I did go I would have to smart carry. Never have fallen on my crotch so I should be safe.
-banki-
I agree, ice skating is a no-go for me while OCing - I, like ichigo, haven't been recently and am sure that falling would be inevitable... and I don't even want to think about falling on my crotch while SmartCarrying.... :what:

b1ack5mith

imported post

hey that cant be an excuse! glocks will not fire when dropped, even if a cartridge is in the chamber!

now a set of KEYS in the pocket... mans worst enemy when you fall...

UtahJarhead

imported post

Sorry guys, I haven't forgotten...

I'm going to be leaving town for business for 2 weekends in the next month, month and a half and I don't know the dates of one of those weekends. Obviously, can't plan it if I don't even know if I'm going to be here. :( So far, I have Thanksgiving weekend (which COULD potentially work... but probably not) and then on the next weekend I'll be out of town on company work.

I want to get something going, but right now I don't know what weekends I'll be here.