• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

REX-84 and what it could mean for us?

THway

imported post

According to scholar Diana Reynolds:
The Rex-84 Alpha Explan (Readiness Exercise 1984, Exercise Plan; otherwise known as a continuity of government plan), indicates that FEMA in association with 34 other federal civil departments and agencies, along with other NATO nations, conducted a civil readiness exercise during April 5-13, 1984. It was conducted in coordination and simultaneously with a Joint Chiefs exercise, Night Train 84, a worldwide military command post exercise (including Continental U.S. Forces or CONUS) based on multi-emergency scenarios operating both abroad and at home. In the combined exercise, Rex-84 Bravo, FEMA and DOD led the other federal agencies and departments, including the Central Intelligence Agency, the Secret Service, the Treasury, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Veterans Administration through a gaming exercise to test military assistance in civil defense. The exercise anticipated civil disturbances, major demonstrations and strikes that would affect continuity of government and/or resource mobilization. To fight subversive activities, there was authorization for the military to implement government ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels, the arrest of certain unidentified segments of the population, and the imposition of martial law. [1] Existence of a master military contingency plan, "Garden Plot" and a similar earlier exercise, "Lantern Spike" were originally revealed by journalist Ron Ridenhour, who summarized his findings in "Garden Plot and the New Action Army."[2]
Rex 84 was mentioned during the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987.[3] The Miami Herald wrote subsequently on July 5, 1987:
Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North and the Federal Emergency Management Agency ... had drafted a contingency plan providing for the suspension of the Constitution, the imposition of martial law, and the appointment of military commanders to head state and local governments and to detain dissidents and Central American refugees in the event of a national crisis.[4] The basic facts about Rex 84 and other contingency planning readiness exercises—and the potential threat they pose to civil liberties if fully implemented in a real operation—are taken seriously by scholars and civil libertarians.[5]
Exercises similar to Rex 84 happen regularly.[6] Plans for roundups of large numbers of persons in the United States in times of crisis are constructed during periods of increased political repression such as the Palmer Raids and the McCarthy Era.
For example, from 1967 to 1971 the FBI kept a list of over 100,000 persons to be rounded up as subversive, dubbed the "ADEX" list.[7] This list contained many labor leaders, scholars, and public figures of the time.
In 2008, for the first time an active military unit has been given a dedicated assignment stateside for civil unrest containment. It is assigned to Northcom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities.

To further explain Operation Garden Plot.....

Operation Garden Plot is a general U.S. Army and National Guard plan to respond to major domestic civil disturbances within the United States. The plan was developed in response to the civil disorders of the 1960s and is now under the control of the U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM). It provides Federal military and law enforcement assistance to local governments during times of major civil disturbances.
It defines tax protesters, militia groups, religious cults, and general anti-government dissenters as terrorists. It calls for deadly force to be used against any extremist or dissident perpetrating any and all forms of civil disorder. (Annex A, section b of Operation Garden Plot)
Garden Plot was last activated (as Noble Eagle) to provide military assistance to civil authorities following the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States. The Pentagon also activated it to restore order during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.
Under Homeland Security restructuring, it has been suggested that similar models be followed.
"Oversight of these homeland security missions should be provided by the National Guard Bureau based on the long-standing Garden Plot model in which National Guard units are trained and equipped to support civil authorities in crowd control and civil disturbance missions." Testimony of Major General Richard C. Alexander, ANGUS (Ret.), Executive Director, National Guard Association of the United States, Senate Appropriations Committee Hearing on Homeland Defense, April 11, 2002

This is very much real.... And it is a scary thought.... Like we have seen after Katrina, Law Enforcement (civil/military/contract) confiscates the citizens firearms!!! What ever happend to no posse comitatus?

THway

imported post

Also wanted to add some new things that i found....

FEMA is the lead agency in REX-84. This is what FEMA has in store for us...

[align=left]What is the Federal Emergency Management Agency? Simply put, it is the "secret government". This agency has powers and authority that go well beyond any other agency in the nation. What can FEMA do? It can suspend laws. It can move entire populations. It can arrest and detain citizens without a warrant and can hold them without a trial. It can seize property, food supplies, and transportation systems. And it can even suspend the Constitution of the United States.[/align] [align=left]When the first concept had been presented, its original mission was to assure the survivability of the United States Government in the event of a nuclear attack. It's secondary function was to be a Federal coordinating body during times of domestic disasters. These disasters consisted of earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes.[/align] [align=left]The "secret" black helicopters that are reported throughout the US, mainly in the West California, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Colorado areas are flown by FEMA personnel. It has been given the responsibility for many new national disasters such as forest fires, home heating emergencies, refugee situations, riots, and emergency planning for nuclear and toxic incidents. It works together with the Sixth Army in the West.[/align] [align=left]A series of Executive Orders (EO) was used to create FEMA. It does not matter whether an EO is Constitutional or not, it becomes a law simply by being published in the Federal Registry. These orders go around Congress.[/align][align=center]Executive Order Number[/align] [align=center]Meaning [/align] [align=center]10990[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to take control over all modes of transportation, highways, and seaports.[/align] [align=center]10995[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to seize and control the communication media.[/align] [align=center]10997[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.[/align] [align=center]10998[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.[/align] [align=center]11000[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.[/align] [align=center]11001[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to take over all health, education, and welfare functions.[/align] [align=center]11002[/align] [align=center]Designates the Postmaster General to operate national registration of all persons.[/align] [align=center]11003[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.[/align] [align=center]11004[/align] [align=center]Allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.[/align] [align=center]11005[/align] [align=center]Allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.[/align] [align=center]11051[/align] [align=center]Specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.[/align] [align=center]11310[/align] [align=center]Grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.[/align] [align=center]11049[/align] [align=center]Assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.[/align] [align=center]11921[/align] [align=center]Allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and flow of money in the U.S.A. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.[/align]

Jblack44

imported post

Let me get my TFH! :shock:

One of the car forums I frequent has long debated these plans, along with FEMA and the camps. A lot aboutwhat side will the enlisted take, if these types of orders were to come done from the federal gov. (See the Oath Keepers and 3%ers)Lot's of arguement form both sides that's for sure. Also the Blue Hats being brought in from other countries.

I keep a very open mind when these things are brought up. I try and rational the reality of these things actually happening and how it will affect me ad my family.

rj3663

imported post

I became aware of this during the Y2K period. FEMA's abilitys were very much in the public eye at that time but seem to have fallen out of the minds of many after the Sept 11th attacks. Homeland Security had their powers increased and became the focal point of many and the perception was that they were the most powerful entity we would have to deal with. Not so...FEMA is and will always be a fearful agency! FYI, Postal Inspectors have fearful powers as well!

PDinDetroit

imported post

I have been saying it is only a matter of time before we have "civil unrest" here in the US, which could result in declaration of Martial Law. I thought it would be before the Summer 2009 was done and was thankful to be proven wrong (I prayed to be wrong). This is one of the reasons I went after the Royal Oak Civil Emergencies Ordinance (along with it being against the 1990 MI Preemption Law).

I found the following article "interesting": http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wolfe118.html

Many people I know feel like "the other shoe is waiting to drop". I feel it is now only awaiting a spark as the fuel is loaded (economy issues, war going on, political infighting, new groups forming with protest issues, too many things promised and not delivered).

I still hope that I am wrong, but prepare just like I do with Carrying my Firearm - in the hopes that I never have to use it in self-defense.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

well if it actually happens I know how it will affect me and my family. I'll move to g:cuss:mned Switzerland while I figure out how to get our government back, then its gonna be Civil War time...

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

man them too?

wtf!

OK... well, then I'll find a small, scarcely inhabited island that does not belong to any government entity... or better yet, I'll live on a house boat in international waters.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Jblack44, I'll put down my tin foil if you get the president to sign executive orders rescinding all of those executive orders that give me the willies:what:. I mean if they don't have any weight, then it shouldn't be any problem to eliminate those orders, right?:celebrate.springerdave.

Denny

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
There's a documentary out about this.

http://campfema.com/

Unfortunately they want your $19.95 for the DVD.

Fortunately, I know where to watch it free... but I believe it would be in my best interest to provide the link in PM rather then public.
I watched this documentary the other day. It was pretty good and covered all this information very well. Theproducers have stated that they released it to contradict Glenn Beck trying to show that Fema Camps were all hogwash. Apparently they sent him all the same information sources they use in the movie but he chose to debunk a fema camp that had been known to bea fake for years instead of covering the real information. I really was hoping he would expose the truth about the govt's plans. I think some of the supposed fema sites they show in the film arent really that convincing but the information sourced in the original post here and in the movie are incontrovertable.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
So basically they can institute a communist governmentany time they please?

Already a good way there. Read Marx's comments on the use for a central bank. Compare to the operations of the Federal Reserve since 1914.

Marx's central idea, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need". Compare to income tax brackets and welfare state and/or justifications for other legalized plunder.

Separately: "continuity of government?" They discontinued legitimate government years ago. Pretty much anything else is "continuity of plutocracy."

From the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,...

If they are exercising an unjust power, or exercising a power in an unjust way, it ain't legitimate.

THway

imported post

Citizen wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
So basically they can institute a communist governmentany time they please?

Already a good way there. Read Marx's comments on the use for a central bank. Compare to the operations of the Federal Reserve since 1914.

Marx's central idea, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need". Compare to income tax brackets and welfare state and/or justifications for other legalized plunder.

Separately: "continuity of government?" They discontinued legitimate government years ago. Pretty much anything else is "continuity of plutocracy."

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,...

If they are exercising an unjust power, or exercising a power in an unjust way, it ain't legitimate.
According the FEMA training video on the internet.... our founding fathers were terrorist... To be honest... i will see and live civil unrest and possibly a civil/revolutionary war within my lifetime. I am prepared to defend the declaration of independence and the US constitution from our current out of control tyrannical government. I do not wish my future children or anyone elses child to grow up and live in US version of Mao's China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwzT_5SI4M

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

THway wrote:
Citizen wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
So basically they can institute a communist government any time they please?

Already a good way there.  Read Marx's comments on the use for a central bank.  Compare to the operations of the Federal Reserve since 1914.

Marx's central idea, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need".  Compare to income tax brackets and welfare state and/or justifications for other legalized plunder.

Separately:  "continuity of government?"  They discontinued legitimate government years ago.  Pretty much anything else is "continuity of plutocracy."

According the FEMA training video on the internet.... our founding fathers were terrorist... To be honest... i will see and live civil unrest and possibly a civil/revolutionary war within my lifetime. I am prepared to defend the declaration of independence and the US constitution from our current out of control tyrannical government. I do not wish my future children or anyone elses child to grow up and live in US version of Mao's China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwzT_5SI4M

As the saying goes: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The founding fathers could easily be considered terrorists by the Brits. They were overthrowing the government in power.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
SNIP As the saying goes: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
The problem with that saying is that it seeks to make both morally eqivalent.

While there is some truth to moral relativism, it is too often used tocamoflage what is really a reduction in morals.

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

If a "law" is repugnant to the Constitution then it is on it's face null and void this is in accordance with the ideals of the Founders. Let's not forget that The Unanimous Declaration is listed in the U.S. Code, It is,if I'm not wrong, the very first law on the books. The Declaration clearly states that when a government fails to meet theends for which it was instituted( protection of liberty and tranquility) then it is the People's Right and Duty to overthowthe government and instill another that will live up to it's obligations, therfore making Revolution LEGAL!

THway

imported post

Thos.Jefferson wrote:
If a "law" is repugnant to the Constitution then it is on it's face null and void this is in accordance with the ideals of the Founders. Let's not forget that The Unanimous Declaration is listed in the U.S. Code, It is,if I'm not wrong, the very first law on the books. The Declaration clearly states that when a government fails to meet theends for which it was instituted( protection of liberty and tranquility) then it is the People's Right and Duty to overthowthe government and instill another that will live up to it's obligations, therfore making Revolution LEGAL!
I believe you are correct good sir.... In my opinion the government went down hill because of the cold war... people were willing to sell their souls to the devil to keep soviet ICBMs from striking the homeland. Since then... its been one scare tactic after another to get the sheep citizens to agree to and to comply with "laws" that take their freedoms. This is where we are today... Stalins Gulag, Maos China, OR take back the country that is of the people for the people. you have 3 choices before you.... which will you take?

Jblack44

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Jblack44, I'll put down my tin foil if you get the president to sign executive orders rescinding all of those executive orders that give me the willies:what:. I mean if they don't have any weight, then it shouldn't be any problem to eliminate those orders, right?:celebrate.springerdave.

I never said i didn't think that the things that are going on aren't real! :banghead:I just made the TFH statement because that's what is always brought up by the liberals when people show dissention towards the government.

I agree that the EO's arethe problem! The standing president('s) feel that they can ignore that silly piece of paper, and do whatever the hell they like!

I may have to rent "V" for Vendetta this weekend! I love that movie