• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FYI - Shotgun ammo sale at Dick's this week!

ClumsyCandy

imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
Anyone have any luck getting the Remington Gun Club loads for $6 a box when you buy 10 boxes or more with this deal? The guy at the store told me I could pick one or the other and that the $6 a box was cheaper. He said something like "you don't get half off the $6 price" or something like that. So I figured the add probably said that the buy one get one half off couldn't be combined with other offers. When I got home and looked I don't see where it says that. Was he just making that up or can the two offers not be combined? Seems like they probably should be able to be combined since the add for buy one get one half off doesn't say it can't be combined with other sales that I see anyway.
I would go back and ask him to ring it up. Their computer does it automatically, I noticed that when I was buying my traveling companions stock. Some stores have to do it by hand, their computer does it automatically, it even recognizes when you have two of something. And NO you do NOT have to buy 10 boxes to get the half off. If he won't do it I'd ask for a manger.

hometheaterman

imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
hometheaterman wrote:
Anyone have any luck getting the Remington Gun Club loads for $6 a box when you buy 10 boxes or more with this deal? The guy at the store told me I could pick one or the other and that the $6 a box was cheaper. He said something like "you don't get half off the $6 price" or something like that. So I figured the add probably said that the buy one get one half off couldn't be combined with other offers. When I got home and looked I don't see where it says that. Was he just making that up or can the two offers not be combined? Seems like they probably should be able to be combined since the add for buy one get one half off doesn't say it can't be combined with other sales that I see anyway.
I would go back and ask him to ring it up. Their computer does it automatically, I noticed that when I was buying my traveling companions stock. Some stores have to do it by hand, their computer does it automatically, it even recognizes when you have two of something. And NO you do NOT have to buy 10 boxes to get the half off. If he won't do it I'd ask for a manger.
You had to buy 10 boxes according to them of the gun club ammo to get it for $6.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
hometheaterman wrote:
You had to buy 10 boxes according to them of the gun club ammo to get it for $6.
The way I read the ad was 10 boxes LIMIT per customer. Again, I'd go back and ask for the manager and tell him what happened and since I think the sale is over, ask for it since his staff member wouldn't give it to you.

hometheaterman

imported post

It was a limit of 10 boxes on the buy one get one half off add but to get the gun club shotgun shells for $5.98 a box you had to buy a whole case. Otherwise it was $8.49 or something a box.

Well, I decided to go back and talk to a manager. He told me basically I couldn't combine two sales that I could pick either the $6 a box for the case or I could buy less than 10 boxes and get the buy one get one half off. He said I couldn't buy the case at the case price then get the buy one half off of each box. I still don't see where either add say anything about not combining offers but I didn't say much else as I guess they just don't let you do that.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
It was a limit of 10 boxes on the buy one get one half off add but to get the gun club shotgun shells for $5.98 a box you had to buy a whole case. Otherwise it was $8.49 or something a box.

Well, I decided to go back and talk to a manager. He told me basically I couldn't combine two sales that I could pick either the $6 a box for the case or I could buy less than 10 boxes and get the buy one get one half off. He said I couldn't buy the case at the case price then get the buy one half off of each box. I still don't see where either add say anything about not combining offers but I didn't say much else as I guess they just don't let you do that.
I'd find another dick's ;) The one in Short Pump let me buy more than 10 boxes...

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

When Dick's has one of these sales, coupled with their case pricing, it seems that no two people get charged the same way.

Heck, I once went to the same Dick's on two consecutive days, and they tried to ring the purchase up differently each time.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

AbNo wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
And PS-The 10 box limit, they don't really care as long as you aren't trying to buy the whole stock of everything. I got 56 boxes!
This is why I can't find ammo. :X

Pleeaassseee...Don't even start : ) My 56 boxes was nothing, they had PLENTY of stock. This has been discussed on the forums before, everyone has different definitions of what a lot of ammo is. That was not a lot considering most of the boxes only had 5 rounds each.

buster81

imported post

hometheaterman wrote:

That manager didn't know what he was talking about. I just bought a whole bunch as Dicks and got the buy-on-get-one half price on cases of Winchester, and on individual boxes of Remington gun club, (which also applies for the $1 rebate.)

There is also no 10 box limit. I did that several times over and nobody said anything about is, although there was a lady in line behind me that didn't appear too comfortable around an entire cart full of shotgun shells. I just smiled :cool:

AbNo

imported post

buster81 wrote:
There is also no 10 box limit. I did that several times over and nobody said anything about is, although there was a lady in line behind me that didn't appear too comfortable around an entire cart full of shotgun shells. I just smiled :cool:

You know, I don't think a lot of people realize the shelf life of ammo. Maybe that's why they get weirded out by large purchases.

I mean, think about it, other than something made out of wood and metal, what else in your house is going to last as long as a well-kept firearm or ammo?

People are just too used to disposables....

buster81

imported post

AbNo wrote:
buster81 wrote:

You know, I don't think a lot of people realize the shelf life of ammo. Maybe that's why they get weirded out by large purchases.

I mean, think about it, other than something made out of wood and metal, what else in your house is going to last as long as a well-kept firearm or ammo?

People are just too used to disposables....
I don't think she was concerned about the shelf life...but you are correct. It's not going to go bad.