• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great pro-open carry letter to editor in Helenair.com

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

This is a great letter to the editor - we need more letters like this all across America - keep it short, always less than 200 words and topical. Again, less is more!

--

http://www.helenair.com/news/opinion/readers_alley/article_5b16ebc8-b7b5-11de-baff-001cc4c03286.html

This letter is in response to Pat Helvey and his opinion titled "Check your guns at tea party door." The gentleman who was carrying his firearm in the open at the rally was doing so legally. You can open carry in Montana. I could be standing next to you in a grocery store with my sidearm in the open. Would that make you afraid of me? Our Montana legislators can conceal and carry in the state Capitol. Has there ever been a shooting at the Capitol? Have you ever heard of a shooting at a shooting range? American citizens who conceal and carry and carry their weapons in the open are the most law-abiding citizens you could ever meet. The gentleman who was carrying his sidearm out in the open was doing so because it is his right as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights and the Montana Constitution.

For you to fear an American citizen using his right to keep and bear arms is sad. You should be more afraid of your current government than the people who attend the Tea Party rallies. We do not get out of line, do not destroy property and leave the area cleaner than when we arrived. The rallies are our right to protest the government for redress of grievances. I praise the gentleman who was wearing his sidearm out in public making a speech on the Second Amendment and our right to keep and bear arms. This is our only line of defense against an ever increasing and overreaching government.

Kristi Allen-Gailushas

Secretary, Big Sky Tea Party Association

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

Kristi Allen-Gailushas

Secretary, Big Sky Tea Party Association

THANK YOU !

GREAT POST !

IDAHO COWBOY

I hope the Montana Posters in this web site come out openly and support you too in this web site and at your rallies and meetings. We must start preparing now for the election in early November 2010.

Kristi - Thank you for all that you do !