Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: My History Teacher Today

  1. #1
    Regular Member Grimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    132

    Post imported post

    While in my Cold War History class, my teacher was talking about how on tv she saw a news thing about legally concealed carried firearms in schools. She proceeded to say that "it would be stupid to have 8 year olds running around in schools with concealed firearms".
    i was going to say something about how you have to be 21 and go through a class to legally carry it concealed but we were just beginning our lecture and she's not the person to argue with.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    yea my teachers have said some crazy stuff before. as much as i want to intervene and show them how stupid they are in front of the whole class, id rather not jeopardize my grade. too bad these "educated" teachers have so much power over peoples lives, and by that im not only talking about f***ing you on grades but theres always 2 or 3 idiots that listen to the teacher and go on to become future anti-gun protesters. o well

  3. #3
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    I find that hard to belive from a 'teacher' in Arizona. Obviously an 'import'. Just as obviously ignorant of the subject. These people should do a little research before opening their yaps. It's not difficult... This is the purpose of internetsearch engines.



    I would not have been so intimidated... but called 'em on it... for their own education.

  4. #4
    Regular Member eBratt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins Area, CO
    Posts
    271

    Post imported post

    When they say things that are that outright stupid, I really have to reconsider whether I want to be paying money to have them teach me.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

    As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Many 'educators' exist in an alternate universe of their own creation. It's as true now as whenI went to school.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Personally, I've never been one to let teachers get away with mis -- or dis -- information. It's for the benefit of the whole class if accuracy is found in the classroom.

  7. #7
    Regular Member TOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Happy Jack, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    443

    Post imported post

    There are many lessons to be learned in school and life. The one that I hope you take from this incident is that the misinformed teacher will continue to teach others the wrong lesson unless someone provides the correct information to her. I understand it might have been an "Inconvienient Time" but I view it as a lost opportunity.




    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    To be honest, you people who put up with lib teachers spewing their crap are no better, because you don't have the stones to say what needs to be said. They are taking "your money" not the other way around, and it's your choice to stay and pay their salaries.

    Put up or shut up, quit complaining or say something to these nitwits. There are other institutions of higher learning.

    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558

    Post imported post

    kenpoprofessor wrote:
    To be honest, you people who put up with lib teachers spewing their crap are no better, because you don't have the stones to say what needs to be said. They are taking "your money" not the other way around, and it's your choice to stay and pay their salaries.

    Put up or shut up, quit complaining or say something to these nitwits. There are other institutions of higher learning.

    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde
    agreed. I have had a number of teachers get in a hissy fit and they have sent me to the dean over me correcting them.. I simple say if a teacher is getting paid to teach she needs to do her job for once and get the facts straight. I say I will be more then happy to give my very large students loans to another school who at least has teachers who keep their political views out of class and actually teach. Threating to take a large sum of money away from them that they are badly hurting for, they will jump through hoops to keep you. PEOPLE ITS YOUR MONEY, DO NOT PUT UP WITH THEIR BS. HURT THEM WERE IT HURTS THEIR POCKET BOOKS. It seems today that when ever they are given any pressure they curl up in a ball and suck their thumbs instead of standing up against these morons. Many teachers I am good friends with, but that alone does not protect them from me correct their stupidity.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

  10. #10
    Regular Member Grimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    132

    Post imported post

    i did want to say something, but as TOF said, it would have been just a really inconvenient time.
    she seems to like obama a lot as well. she was defending his peace award at the end of class.

    she's a great teacher, one of my favorite, she knows her information very well despite her age (she graduated college in the mid-1960's).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509

    Post imported post

    Grimes wrote:
    she's a great teacher, one of my favorite, she knows her information very well despite her age (she graduated college in the mid-1960's).
    And then went straight back into college, right?

    Yeah. Alternative reality.


  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Grimes wrote:
    i did want to say something, but as TOF said, it would have been just a really inconvenient time.
    she seems to like obama a lot as well. she was defending his peace award at the end of class.

    she's a great teacher, one of my favorite, she knows her information very well despite her age (she graduated college in the mid-1960's).
    Does she really know her material if she's spewing crap like that?

    Dude, you're young, and I could BS you 'til the cows come home and you would think it was all the truth because you're still naive to the ways of the world, and she's had a verylong time to practice.



    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    Surely, she was being sarcastic. Surely, she was just having you on. Surely!

  14. #14
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709

    Post imported post

    At least try to talk to her after class, if you think raising your hand and doing so in front of the class at the moment might embarrass her too much.

    I know I'd be steaming mad if I heard that **** in a class I am paying to take.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    the real problem i usually have when i even attempt to debate anything, is when the teacher has the whole class on his/her side telling me im wrong. being half way through the semester, im not about to make enemies with a class that i am obligated to work with in order to receive a good grade

    we know school = hippie liberalness, sometimes you just have to deal with their BS to get where you want to go in life. if you have the attitude of "im not paying for a class that is going against what i believe" even if it is stupid libtards, than you're probably not going to go to school any time soon

    and young does not mean your a complete jello head that eats up everything you tell it. sure, most kids in college are like that and thats why they turn into anti's but it is extremely unlikely that anyone on this forum is that naive. if so i dont think they would be comfortable enough with themselves to carry a firearm if they lack the confidence to think and make decisions based on facts, not what the "almighty teacher" tells them

  16. #16
    Regular Member Grimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    132

    Post imported post

    thank you r6-rider
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509

    Post imported post

    r6-rider wrote:
    the real problem i usually have when i even attempt to debate anything, is when the teacher has the whole class on his/her side telling me im wrong.
    Ah, yes: "truth by consensus", rather than by objective facts.

    The joys of higher education and the democratic mindset.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,098

    Post imported post

    Grimes wrote:
    i did want to say something, but as TOF said, it would have been just a really inconvenient time.
    she seems to like obama a lot as well. she was defending his peace award at the end of class.

    she's a great teacher, one of my favorite, she knows her information very well despite her age (she graduated college in the mid-1960's).
    "Teachable moment". You can't let them slip away...

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    57

    Post imported post

    That's too bad you have such an ignorant teacher.

    I frequently carry to class (don't freak out: I abide the "rules" and lock her up at the campus police building), but usually always have my holster on my hip. (Long story, but after a lot of research on ASU and its weapons "rules" I had a sit-down with with the assistant chief to determine where exactly the line in the sand is drawn when it comes to being a student, carrying both OC and CC, and my 2A rights. Interestingly enough, he is pro-2A, and VERY accommodating.) Anyway, I frequently get looks from students and staff and even questions about why I have a holster. Id say only about 1 in 10 is negative (ya know the typical "guns kill people" and the other Marxist propaganda). In fact one of my professors just yesterday approached me and asked if I am law enforcement. I told him no, that I am "just a guy". He asked me a few questions about how I work with the school's no weapons policy, and I explained the procedure for securing my firearm and retrieving it. He then mentioned the failed legislation where students and teachers with valid CCW would be able to carry on campus. He said he was disappointed it failed because he knew a number of professors that wanted to take advantage and carry on campus. I was rather shocked that I met a professor who was pro RKBA.

    Im not sure where you go to school, but you should see if your school has a "Students for Concealed Carry on Campus" chapter. They are a great organization that (obviously) advocates students rights for self-defense. http://www.concealedcampus.org/

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Provo, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,076

    Post imported post

    Grimes wrote:
    she's a great teacher
    You have a very different view of what makes a "great teacher". A "great teacher" teaches facts not opinion. This person is a great propagandist, not a great teacher.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Grimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    132

    Post imported post

    i said that as a knowing foreign and american history, not a political stance.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    rpyne wrote:
    Grimes wrote:
    she's a great teacher
    You have a very different view of what makes a "great teacher". A "great teacher" teaches facts not opinion. This person is a great propagandist, not a great teacher.
    true. but those people are usually pretty boring and dont appear to have any thought outside "the book"

    i know one of my classes is VERY entertaining because our teacher is so opinionated. he will trash obama all day, but then talk about how you shouldnt be allowed to carry near the president. which of course the class (me included) gets into the politics of stuff. we know how to have fun with it though and not over step the boundaries.

    but when your in a spot/class where everyone is against your views, sometimes it is better to just remain quiet because you know no matter what you say its not going to change anyones mind and your going to be "that guy"

    another one of my classes, my teacher is from mexico (we all know guns are banned there) and truly believes guns shouldnt be allowed to the public because of violence. id love to tell him how stupid he is and obviously gun control has failed in mexico, but with a class full of hippies, im pretty sure i would get outcasted from the rest of the group

  23. #23
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    r6-rider wrote:
    ...but with a class full of hippies, im pretty sure i would get outcasted from the rest of the group
    "The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius

    True then... True now!

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    couldnt agree more with that statement. in most cases i would uphold that any day, but when it comes to being out $1000+ because i "failed" the class, its not worth it. may sound unpatriotic but i dont have the funds to back up my beliefs unfortunately

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I find that hard to belive from a 'teacher' in Arizona. Obviously an 'import'. Just as obviously ignorant of the subject. These people should do a little research before opening their yaps.
    But then they wouldn't be able to abuse their position as an educator for the promulgation of their political agendas...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •