• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My History Teacher Today

Grimes

imported post

While in my Cold War History class, my teacher was talking about how on tv she saw a news thing about legally concealed carried firearms in schools. She proceeded to say that "it would be stupid to have 8 year olds running around in schools with concealed firearms".
i was going to say something about how you have to be 21 and go through a class to legally carry it concealed but we were just beginning our lecture and she's not the person to argue with.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

r6-rider

imported post

yea my teachers have said some crazy stuff before. as much as i want to intervene and show them how stupid they are in front of the whole class, id rather not jeopardize my grade. too bad these "educated" teachers have so much power over peoples lives, and by that im not only talking about f***ing you on grades but theres always 2 or 3 idiots that listen to the teacher and go on to become future anti-gun protesters. o well

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I find that hard to belive from a 'teacher' in Arizona. Obviously an 'import'. Just as obviously ignorant of the subject. These people should do a little research before opening their yaps. It's not difficult... This is the purpose of internetsearch engines.

I would not have been so intimidated... but called 'em on it... for their own education.

eBratt

imported post

When they say things that are that outright stupid, I really have to reconsider whether I want to be paying money to have them teach me.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Many 'educators' exist in an alternate universe of their own creation. It's as true now as whenI went to school.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Personally, I've never been one to let teachers get away with mis -- or dis -- information. It's for the benefit of the whole class if accuracy is found in the classroom.

TOF

imported post

There are many lessons to be learned in school and life. The one that I hope you take from this incident is that the misinformed teacher will continue to teach others the wrong lesson unless someone provides the correct information to her. I understand it might have been an "Inconvienient Time" but I view it as a lost opportunity.

:banghead:

kenpoprofessor

imported post

To be honest, you people who put up with lib teachers spewing their crap are no better, because you don't have the stones to say what needs to be said. They are taking "your money" not the other way around, and it's your choice to stay and pay their salaries.

Put up or shut up, quit complaining or say something to these nitwits. There are other institutions of higher learning.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

zack991

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
To be honest, you people who put up with lib teachers spewing their crap are no better, because you don't have the stones to say what needs to be said. They are taking "your money" not the other way around, and it's your choice to stay and pay their salaries.

Put up or shut up, quit complaining or say something to these nitwits. There are other institutions of higher learning.

Clyde
agreed. I have had a number of teachers get in a hissy fit and they have sent me to the dean over me correcting them.. I simple say if a teacher is getting paid to teach she needs to do her job for once and get the facts straight. I say I will be more then happy to give my very large students loans to another school who at least has teachers who keep their political views out of class and actually teach. Threating to take a large sum of money away from them that they are badly hurting for, they will jump through hoops to keep you. PEOPLE ITS YOUR MONEY, DO NOT PUT UP WITH THEIR BS. HURT THEM WERE IT HURTS THEIR POCKET BOOKS. It seems today that when ever they are given any pressure they curl up in a ball and suck their thumbs instead of standing up against these morons. Many teachers I am good friends with, but that alone does not protect them from me correct their stupidity.

Grimes

imported post

i did want to say something, but as TOF said, it would have been just a really inconvenient time.
she seems to like obama a lot as well. she was defending his peace award at the end of class.

she's a great teacher, one of my favorite, she knows her information very well despite her age (she graduated college in the mid-1960's).

KBCraig

imported post

Grimes wrote:
she's a great teacher, one of my favorite, she knows her information very well despite her age (she graduated college in the mid-1960's).
And then went straight back into college, right?

Yeah. Alternative reality.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Grimes wrote:
i did want to say something, but as TOF said, it would have been just a really inconvenient time.
she seems to like obama a lot as well. she was defending his peace award at the end of class.

Does she really know her material if she's spewing crap like that?

Dude, you're young, and I could BS you 'til the cows come home and you would think it was all the truth because you're still naive to the ways of the world, and she's had a verylong time to practice.

Clyde

old dog

imported post

Surely, she was being sarcastic. Surely, she was just having you on. Surely!

XD40coyote

imported post

At least try to talk to her after class, if you think raising your hand and doing so in front of the class at the moment might embarrass her too much.

I know I'd be steaming mad if I heard that shit in a class I am paying to take.

r6-rider

imported post

the real problem i usually have when i even attempt to debate anything, is when the teacher has the whole class on his/her side telling me im wrong. being half way through the semester, im not about to make enemies with a class that i am obligated to work with in order to receive a good grade

we know school = hippie liberalness, sometimes you just have to deal with their BS to get where you want to go in life. if you have the attitude of "im not paying for a class that is going against what i believe" even if it is stupid libtards, than you're probably not going to go to school any time soon

and young does not mean your a complete jello head that eats up everything you tell it. sure, most kids in college are like that and thats why they turn into anti's but it is extremely unlikely that anyone on this forum is that naive. if so i dont think they would be comfortable enough with themselves to carry a firearm if they lack the confidence to think and make decisions based on facts, not what the "almighty teacher" tells them

KBCraig

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
the real problem i usually have when i even attempt to debate anything, is when the teacher has the whole class on his/her side telling me im wrong.

Ah, yes: "truth by consensus", rather than by objective facts.

The joys of higher education and the democratic mindset.

PavePusher

imported post

Grimes wrote:

"Teachable moment". You can't let them slip away... :)

rmbrems

imported post

That's too bad you have such an ignorant teacher.

I frequently carry to class (don't freak out: I abide the "rules" and lock her up at the campus police building), but usually always have my holster on my hip. (Long story, but after a lot of research on ASU and its weapons "rules" I had a sit-down with with the assistant chief to determine where exactly the line in the sand is drawn when it comes to being a student, carrying both OC and CC, and my 2A rights. Interestingly enough, he is pro-2A, and VERY accommodating.) Anyway, I frequently get looks from students and staff and even questions about why I have a holster. Id say only about 1 in 10 is negative (ya know the typical "guns kill people" and the other Marxist propaganda). In fact one of my professors just yesterday approached me and asked if I am law enforcement. I told him no, that I am "just a guy". He asked me a few questions about how I work with the school's no weapons policy, and I explained the procedure for securing my firearm and retrieving it. He then mentioned the failed legislation where students and teachers with valid CCW would be able to carry on campus. He said he was disappointed it failed because he knew a number of professors that wanted to take advantage and carry on campus. I was rather shocked that I met a professor who was pro RKBA.

Im not sure where you go to school, but you should see if your school has a "Students for Concealed Carry on Campus" chapter. They are a great organization that (obviously) advocates students rights for self-defense. http://www.concealedcampus.org/

rpyne

imported post

Grimes wrote:
she's a great teacher
You have a very different view of what makes a "great teacher". A "great teacher" teaches facts not opinion. This person is a great propagandist, not a great teacher.