• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My History Teacher Today

Grimes

imported post

i said that as a knowing foreign and american history, not a political stance.

r6-rider

imported post

rpyne wrote:
Grimes wrote:
she's a great teacher
You have a very different view of what makes a "great teacher". A "great teacher" teaches facts not opinion. This person is a great propagandist, not a great teacher.
true. but those people are usually pretty boring and dont appear to have any thought outside "the book"

i know one of my classes is VERY entertaining because our teacher is so opinionated. he will trash obama all day, but then talk about how you shouldnt be allowed to carry near the president. which of course the class (me included) gets into the politics of stuff. we know how to have fun with it though and not over step the boundaries.

but when your in a spot/class where everyone is against your views, sometimes it is better to just remain quiet because you know no matter what you say its not going to change anyones mind and your going to be "that guy"

another one of my classes, my teacher is from mexico (we all know guns are banned there) and truly believes guns shouldnt be allowed to the public because of violence. id love to tell him how stupid he is and obviously gun control has failed in mexico, but with a class full of hippies, im pretty sure i would get outcasted from the rest of the group

Sonora Rebel

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
...but with a class full of hippies, im pretty sure i would get outcasted from the rest of the group

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius

True then... True now!

r6-rider

imported post

couldnt agree more with that statement. in most cases i would uphold that any day, but when it comes to being out $1000+ because i "failed" the class, its not worth it. may sound unpatriotic but i dont have the funds to back up my beliefs unfortunately

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I find that hard to belive from a 'teacher' in Arizona. Obviously an 'import'. Just as obviously ignorant of the subject. These people should do a little research before opening their yaps.
But then they wouldn't be able to abuse their position as an educator for the promulgation of their political agendas...

GF

imported post

Me and my Criminal Justice teacher were getting into a debate of what age you have to be to be in possession of a handgun (I was talking to another calssmate because he was interested in getting one, but didn't know what age he had to be). I told him you can be 18, and he strongly believed that it was 21 no matter what. He is a retired Phoenix police Sgt. :banghead:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

GF wrote:
Me and my Criminal Justice teacher were getting into a debate of what age you have to be to be in possession of a handgun (I was talking to another calssmate because he was interested in getting one, but didn't know what age he had to be). I told him you can be 18, and he strongly believed that it was 21 no matter what. He is a retired Phoenix police Sgt. :banghead:

Purchase: 18 for a long gun, 21 for a handgun.

Open carry (any) gun at 18. CWP: 21

Never ask a cop for gun advice. :banghead:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

r6-rider wrote:
yea my teachers have said some crazy stuff before. as much as i want to intervene and show them how stupid they are in front of the whole class, id rather not jeopardize my grade. too bad these "educated" teachers have so much power over peoples lives, and by that im not only talking about f***ing you on grades but theres always 2 or 3 idiots that listen to the teacher and go on to become future anti-gun protesters. o well

Shame on YOU!:X They only have the power you let them have. Throw the prospect of a law suit in their face and they run scared.

Speak truth to authority.

r6-rider

imported post

yea... again i dont have that kind of money, plus i like the teacher AND i have to do this class (with the same teacher) for 2 more semesters. there is a time and place for everything. besides like i was saying, i have a teacher that strongly speaks against obama and how hes ruining this country... should i stand up and tell him to stop even though i agree with what hes saying?

cats and dogs man, theres always going to be a fight when it comes to school. i have no problem expressing views, but in this particular situation for me, it WOULD cause a big problem for me. but my other class yea we'll debate all day long and stay "friends"

dont think being a loud mouth a$$hole is always the appropriate response. even though they are wrong, and they are completely arrogant and dont know the law, usually getting into it with them wont change anything. ill still try to educate, but im not going to fight with them because than it makes me look bad and will hurt my grade.

Dahwg

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
yea... again i dont have that kind of money, plus i like the teacher AND i have to do this class (with the same teacher) for 2 more semesters. there is a time and place for everything. besides like i was saying, i have a teacher that strongly speaks against obama and how hes ruining this country... should i stand up and tell him to stop even though i agree with what hes saying?

cats and dogs man, theres always going to be a fight when it comes to school. i have no problem expressing views, but in this particular situation for me, it WOULD cause a big problem for me. but my other class yea we'll debate all day long and stay "friends"

dont think being a loud mouth a$$hole is always the appropriate response. even though they are wrong, and they are completely arrogant and dont know the law, usually getting into it with them wont change anything. ill still try to educate, but im not going to fight with them because than it makes me look bad and will hurt my grade.

You are actually using VERY good tactics. While it may be noble to go all out guns blazing (pun intended), it is not always wise. Tactically it is better to choose your battles. Only you can determine what is right or doable for you. Your teacher is an idiot, that's plain to see, and while it may frustrate those of us on this board who know better, arguing with her at this point in time would probably be more detrimental to you than it would be beneficial to our cause.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

r6-rider wrote:

As long as you can sleep at night.

rmbrems

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
r6-rider wrote:

You are actually using VERY good tactics. While it may be noble to go all out guns blazing (pun intended), it is not always wise. Tactically it is better to choose your battles. Only you can determine what is right or doable for you. Your teacher is an idiot, that's plain to see, and while it may frustrate those of us on this board who know better, arguing with her at this point in time would probably be more detrimental to you than it would be beneficial to our cause.

I too agree. There is definatly a time a place to be vocal and agressive about your rights, and there are other times where it is best to lead by example. The SCCC (Students for Concealed Carry on Campus) at ASU will frequently have empty holster protests, a silent visual example of how there are people who are respectable students who choose to carry a weapon for their protection. SCCC is rolling out a new website in a few weeks, http://www.armedornot.com- it has a test where you look at several photos of students and have to identify wether they are "armed or not".

At ASU you are not alone in your desire to be armed, all the while being frustrated with the left-minded faculty and indoctrinated student body. I too feel your frustration. Don't give up the fight!

Carry on!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Venator wrote:
r6-rider wrote:
yea my teachers have said some crazy stuff before. as much as i want to intervene and show them how stupid they are in front of the whole class, id rather not jeopardize my grade. too bad these "educated" teachers have so much power over peoples lives, and by that im not only talking about f***ing you on grades but theres always 2 or 3 idiots that listen to the teacher and go on to become future anti-gun protesters. o well

Shame on YOU!:X They only have the power you let them have. Throw the prospect of a law suit in their face and they run scared.

Speak truth to authority.
True Dat!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Venator wrote:
As long as you can sleep at night.
Aye, some of us have that problem. Seeing wrong in the world and knowing you can't fix it all are a combination sometimes unbearable.

John Wolver

imported post

I am in online school and I face these liberal challenges as well,especially being in a Ethnicity class. I take the fight to it when I can and remain as peaceable and respectable to my teacher and class while doing it.