• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And so it begins

Tomahawk

imported post

Frickin' Cali. Somewhere yesterday I read that Ahnold is supporting a ban on...get this....big screen TVs! Says they use too much energy.

It's a beautiful state. Too bad it's run by lunatics.

Machoduck

imported post

Tomahawk, I just read an article in the LA Times about "power hungry TVs" and nowhere in the article did it say how much power a "power hungry TV" uses. Nor did it say how much power an acceptable TV uses. I guess facts are irrelevant. It did say that a "power hungry TV" "may use" as much as $30 more electricity in a years time. May? What; if it's left on all the time?

What's the connection to OC? The way PC ideas are presented to the public, spayed for fact removal. AB962 was similar; the facts don't matter if the cause is good. AB962 is most certainly on topic as it's de facto infringement of gun rights.

MD

mark-in-texas

What I'd love to see is a large ammo dealer tell LAPD or CHP 'Sorry, if I can't ship it to your citizens, I won't ship it to you.' Kind of like the way Ronnie Barrett did when they outlawed the 50 cals.

Ruby

People, please wake up. This isn't about guns, ammo, big screen TV's, none of it. That's all a smoke screen to get your attention. What it's really about it CONTROL; controlling you, your life and everything in it. This is what tolitarian regimes do.

MK

I pledge allegiance to the flag that my government continues to wipe its ass with.............

FMCDH

Next up...

1 box of "self defense" ammo allowed to be purchased per quarter, per person after back-round check, and "target shooting" ammo must be purchased at a range, and expended during the session or stored at the range. (don't laugh, someone will try it)

If Arnie is what passes for a "Republican" in Cali...well... (sigh)

Last edited:

RockerFor2A

sigh... Arnie's turned out to be such a disappointment. And probably the closest thing to an actual Conservative the PRK will ever get.:banghead:

Don't know if any of you heard this little tidbit, but on his way out, Arnie also commuted the 16 year sentence of Estaban Nunez (the son of former speaker of the CA Assembly, Fabian Nunez) who participated in a stabbing murder. The elites take care of their own I guess. The parents of the kid that was killed found out via reporters. Arnie was too busy to give them a heads up-- or too ashamed. If he goes back to acting I feel like boycotting his films over that one. One justice for them-- another for the rest of us.

dj_fatstyles

(in the voice of arnold) welcome to tha great stete of cal-i-fonia. im here, *claps and points finger at you* to f#(k you; ovah.

Lovenox

sigh... Arnie's turned out to be such a disappointment. And probably the closest thing to an actual Conservative the PRK will ever get.:banghead:

Thats what happens when you go to bed with a Shriver/Kennedy. In all reality he was no Republican.