• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9.41.060 (8)

tyguy808

imported post

9.41.050 (2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area.

Does this mean that I can carry loaded and concealedin my truck on the way to or froma recreational shooting area? Or can I carry loaded and concealed if I have a fishing pole and fishing license in my truck?

Maybe I'm just being stupid and should wait til my damn CPL comes in to carry in the truck. I guess its kinda up to LEO to make that determination.

Tawnos

imported post

tyguy808 wrote:

9.41.050 (2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area.

Does this mean that I can carry loaded and concealedin my truck on the way to or froma recreational shooting area? Or can I carry loaded and concealed if I have a fishing pole and fishing license in my truck?

Maybe I'm just being stupid and should wait til my damn CPL comes in to carry in the truck. I guess its kinda up to LEO to make that determination.
The general consensus is that it's not worth the risk unless you don't have a CPL and are truly on your way to or from such an activity. Even then, it's just easier to load when you arrive.

Lammo

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I wouldn't use it as an excuse to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle, and, of course, the loaded rifle prohibition is still in effect.
I can't seem to find the loaded rifle prohibition that you mention. Where might that be found?