• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, I finally did it.....

steble01

imported post

I always CC, either I carry IWB in the summer or a shoulder rig in the winter. I recently bought a OWB holster to further my options for comfort during the winter when I wear a coat and it needs to be broken in. So the wife and I packed up and went to Target this morning, and about 5 minutes into the shopping, I find myself getting really hot. I started unzipping my coat, and was just going to leave it at that, but I then decided to just take it off and let it all hang out.

We were in there for a good 45 minutes or so, and not a single confrontation. I heard one lady ask her friend in a soft voice, "you think that's a real gun???" I kind of chuckled in my head. Well I had such a good time coming out of the closet (so to speak) that we decided to go eat at a local mongolian grill, and again, I OC'd. Only got a few oddball glances, but no one said anything.

So thanks for all the info you guys have posted. Because of it, I felt comfortable enough to deal with a confrontation and subsequently comfortable enough to OC. Though this wont be my primary mode of carry, atleast I got the first one out of the way, and am up for doing it again if I need to.

:cool::celebrate

Commodore76

imported post

Out of the closet? Lol! I'd say something about a broken cherry, but that might change the rating of this thread.

Your first time is your most awkward. Sad that we should be made to feel like we're doing something wrong. I commend you for taking the step. It is a leap of faith. Ya gotta always know that you are right and those who would make you feel like you were doing something wrong are indeed doing something wrong themselves.

Congrats!

Keep spreading the wordwith positive action!

Ok,I'll throw one:celebrateto ya.

Respectfully,

Commodore

steble01

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Congratulations, steble01. What part of the state do you live in?
I live in Kent.....so the left side of the state.

And thanks to the rest of you guys.....the wife has always been very accepting of my carry habits, actually i had recently convinced her to get a CPL and she now purse carries a S&W 642

Commodore76

imported post

steble01 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

And thanks to the rest of you guys.....the wife has always been very accepting of my carry habits, actually i had recently convinced her to get a CPL and she now purse carries a S&W 642

Does she have a sister? :(

steble01

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
steble01 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

lol.....yes, but pretty much an anti gunner;)

Manu

imported post

steble01 wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
steble01 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

lol....its fun to convert them

Commodore76

imported post

steble01 wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
steble01 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'LL NEVER WIN, WILL I?

Love the optimism, Manu!