• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane lunch outdoing the West Side?

Commodore76

imported post

Dear Western Washington OC'ers,

I'm feelin' a bit frisky tonight so indulge me a little. Please.

Seems like we might have a little competition on the other side of the mountains. One of those who posted on that thread actually challenged the other members as to how to organize better in the name of the 2nd Amendment! Hmmm... Great idea!

After this last Sunday (The Adopt-A-Highway event followed up by the Pancake Dinner), I'm still pretty excited about what more we CAN achieve with regard to shining a positive light on the 2nd Amendment.

So, my question and challenge to all of you is going to be similar.We ARE the best and the brightest! We are the greatest civilization this planet has had the privilege to host! My challenge to all of you is to come up with a couple of solid ideas for positive, public educational opportunities. Ideas for what we can do to help move this forward.

A movement is something that travels a certain distance and then stops. Hence the name. This, my friends, is a REVOLUTION!A cyclic and almost epic event that will not stop. Not with dedicated Americans standing the line who love this Country as much as our Founding Fathers! WE CAN DO ANYTHING!

Now, let's just start small and just come up with more ideas than our Spokane Brothers and Sisters!

Respects to all (Yep, especially the East siders who gave me this silly, little idea)

Commodore

swatspyder

imported post

Stand outside of the local Wally World and hand out OC flyers? :what:

Any place where you are going to encounter a large group of people, or a large volume of traffic over the time you are there is going to be best.

OC Adopt-A-Highway allows all of those traveling by to see responsible armed citizens doing something good for the community.

If there are any good events happening soon where there will be a lot of foot traffic, there could be an opportunity to educate a lot of people on open carry.

Commodore76

imported post

swatspyder wrote:

Any place where you are going to encounter a large group of people, or a large volume of traffic over the time you are there is going to be best.

OC Adopt-A-Highway allows all of those traveling by to see responsible armed citizens doing something good for the community.

If there are any good events happening soon where there will be a lot of foot traffic, there could be an opportunity to educate a lot of people on open carry.

Mr. Spyder,

If you have read any of my posts where I pose the question about making a difference, you'd know that, in my area, no one cares either way. To achieve that, I'll have to drive to one in Olympia? Something I'm willing to do, but don't you think it'd be more effective with more than one person?

Yep, I'm one person and I CAN make a difference. Pretty sure that group participation would be of more benefit. I am a good speaker when representing something I believe in. I'm not so arrogant as to think that I'm the best. Another reason I'd love to be in a group.

I'm sorry if this sounds attacking. I may be new to the forum, but I'm certainly not new to the world of OC. Been doing it for years. My excitement when I found this forum is that a huge resource full of like minded people seemed to have opened up before me.

If your advice is that I just go it alone at wally world or some place where there is foottrafficgreat. Thank you so much. Not what I was lookin for.

Last Sunday filled me with such a hope of things that we can achieve as a group. Tellin me to continue what I've been doing is kind of a kick to the balls. Again, Lewis County is extremely OC/CC friendly.

Not gonna change what I've been doing. Just hoping to spread my enthusiasm a little.

Respectfully,

Commodore

fetch

imported post

Commodore,
I think by far, you all on the west side have been able to put together more events than we have. We have a good core group of people, it is just getting them together that has been hard.

swatspyder

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

Mr. Spyder,

If you have read any of my posts where I pose the question about making a difference, you'd know that, in my area, no one cares either way. To achieve that, I'll have to drive to one in Olympia? Something I'm willing to do, but don't you think it'd be more effective with more than one person?

Yep, I'm one person and I CAN make a difference. Pretty sure that group participation would be of more benefit. I am a good speaker when representing something I believe in. I'm not so arrogant as to think that I'm the best. Another reason I'd love to be in a group.

I'm sorry if this sounds attacking. I may be new to the forum, but I'm certainly not new to the world of OC. Been doing it for years. My excitement when I found this forum is that a huge resource full of like minded people seemed to have opened up before me.

If your advice is that I just go it alone at wally world or some place where there is foottrafficgreat. Thank you so much. Not what I was lookin for.

Last Sunday filled me with such a hope of things that we can achieve as a group. Tellin me to continue what I've been doing is kind of a kick to the balls. Again, Lewis County is extremely OC/CC friendly.

Not gonna change what I've been doing. Just hoping to spread my enthusiasm a little.

Respectfully,

Commodore

Don't worry, I was joking with the Walmart deal. And I was trying to say that having a gathering of OC members in an area with heavy foot traffic would be the best place to educate the most people.

Commodore76

imported post

Mr. Spyder,

I couldn't agree more. What we have going on already is pretty spectacular. Just want to up the voltage a little. The way to do that is to have demo's like you point out. That idea gets thrown around a lot. What I'm asking is to come up with ideas, like we've been doing, pick a few, plan them out and then execute!

"Without a plan you have no attack, with no attack, there's no victory, without a victory!"

~Ak-Ak - One Crazy Summer

Respectfully, let's getmore stuffrollin! (I'd throttle back a little, but that's just not me)

Commodore

Commodore76

imported post

fetch wrote:
Commodore,
I think by far, you all on the west side have been able to put together more events than we have. We have a good core group of people, it is just getting them together that has been hard.

Fetch,

I just saw an opportunity to light bigger fires and maybe take something to the next level. We're all doing great things for the 2nd Amendment, I was just thinkin we could have some more fun with it.

Thanks for what you're doin over there! STAY WARM!

Commodore