• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watched a program about terrorists attcking a Mall

Wglide90

imported post

Hi Guys,

I watched a program on Spike last night about a reenactment of a terrorist attack on a Mall in Smalltown, USA.

They said it was a prime target for killing poeple since it was a "soft target" situation. You know unarmed women& children, etc.

It showed some things to do if this occurs. Some was OK some I would have done differently.

My thought at the time was if,"Themallwasn't a soft target situation would the mall be attacked?"

Since a lot of malls claim to deny firearms in the mall it tells everyone it is a "Soft target".

Think about this: If everyone legally owning a firearm was required to carry one in the mall would this have happened? Of course there could be a regestration of people to carry to be abe to come in. Or at least if the mall made it public that carrying firearms was approved and posted it so, would this have happened?

What do you think? Remember the terrorists were heavily armed and had body armor.

BTW, in the program a group of survivors took measures to escape and had to protect themselves and killed some attackers to get out.

Wglide90

imported post

Hi Doug,

Well, I wasn't actually thinking that simply, but was kind of putting out there in the extreme if things were reversed as far as not allowing firearms invs requiring firearms.

I just wanted discussion on it that's all. I think what is going on here with the awareness of the open carry legallity, it seems a tough sell sometimes, but if this were dif and people were required to carry in places how much safer they would be.

Hey I was just thinking about the program and applied it to the effort.

Ya, I think it is a "Duh" kind of thing but for many it is not. We all pretty much agree if most people carried, bad guys would have a harder time being bad guys.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Wglide90 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I watched a program on Spike last night about a reenactment of a terrorist attack on a Mall in Smalltown, USA.

They said it was a prime target for killing poeple since it was a "soft target" situation. You know unarmed women& children, etc.

It showed some things to do if this occurs. Some was OK some I would have done differently.

My thought at the time was if,"Themallwasn't a soft target situation would the mall be attacked?"

Since a lot of malls claim to deny firearms in the mall it tells everyone it is a "Soft target".

Think about this: If everyone legally owning a firearm was required to carry one in the mall would this have happened? Of course there could be a regestration of people to carry to be abe to come in. Or at least if the mall made it public that carrying firearms was approved and posted it so, would this have happened?

What do you think? Remember the terrorists were heavily armed and had body armor.

BTW, in the program a group of survivors took measures to escape and had to protect themselves and killed some attackers to get out.
If you train correctly,body armor doesn't matter when you use the hostage delivering ocular cavity shot(head shot between the eye's and the mouth).It's not that hard when you concentrate on your front sight always.