Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: OpenCarry.org's Mike Stollenwerk caught red handed speaking for motorists' rights on radio talk show

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    UPDATE: Audio found at http://www.wtop.com/?sid=628078&nid=524, scroll down.

    --

    Listen on demand at http://www.wtop.com/?nid=63, scroll to link on left.

    Regards the "cornucopia" of ticket cameras in DC Metro areas


    Join NMA today at http://www.motorists.org


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,508

    Post imported post

    One thing I enjoy about this forum, as opposed to most gun forums, is that the majority of people here understand and support individual liberty.

    I find that typical gun forums are more concerned with what I call "conservative gun rights": they want licensing and permits and restrictions, and worship big government when it comes to drug laws, "morality codes", etc. They don't seem to understand that individual liberty applies to everyone.



  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    646

    Post imported post

    KBCraig wrote:
    One thing I enjoy about this forum, as opposed to most gun forums, is that the majority of people here understand and support individual liberty.

    I find that typical gun forums are more concerned with what I call "conservative gun rights": they want licensing and permits and restrictions, and worship big government when it comes to drug laws, "morality codes", etc. They don't seem to understand that individual liberty applies to everyone.

    +1,000 on this. And on Opencarry.org I see the most liberty-minded postings on any of the boards I frequent. Must be the higher "caliber" of people we have on this board!

  4. #4
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?

    Looks like the owner just violated one of his own rules, but then I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?

    Looks like the owner just violated one of his own rules, but then I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.
    That's the way it works.

    The internet hasn't been completely bludgeoned by government regulation yet, so property rights still hold meaning here. Nothing keeping any one of us from starting our own websites if we don't like this one.

    Since I'm a liberty nut, which is why I'm a gun nut, I'm perfectly fine with the way Mike uses his website.

  6. #6
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ellis County, Texas, USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?

    Looks like the owner just violated one of his own rules, but then I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.
    Yep. I wasn't able to make it to the Texas open carry gathering you hosted but you had rules, as was your right. As the owner, you could also make exceptions to them if you decided to do so. I'm not saying that you did, only that you could. As was stated so many times in History of the World, Part 1, "It's good to be the king."

    SA-TX

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Tolerance! We must be tolerant of the benighted, be they statist or eager tyrants or merely gallus-snappers.

  8. #8
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    I don't have a problem with him using it any way he so chooses. Nor do I have a problem with some of the other threads that don't pertain to OC or gun rights. Just pointing out a fact, that's all. Like I said; I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    Great job Mike, Maybe the NMA should be linked from this site too?

    For anyone not familar with the NMA, it is a great organization! I have been a member for 5 years. I suggest others join too, they have done many things to keep government tyranny at a lower level on our roadways. I joined the NMA shortly after getting my first undeserved traffic ticket.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    410

    Post imported post

    Nutczak wrote:
    Great job Mike, Maybe the NMA should be linked from this site too?

    For anyone not familar with the NMA, it is a great organization! I have been a member for 5 years. I suggest others join too, they have done many things to keep government tyranny at a lower level on our roadways. I joined the NMA shortly after getting my first undeserved traffic ticket.
    And they'll pay for your ticket too if you have been a member for a year and fight the ticket.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    SNIP And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?
    Ummmm. Lemme see. How can I spin...er...present this in the best light?

    Ummmm. Its Mike, you see. One of the original OCers of the modern era. If hegets media coverage, its obviously OC-related because he is the voice of OC. And everybody will associate OCers as being advocates of getting rid of those damned traffic cameras. We will be instant celebrities! Everyone hates those cameras.

    The only way to gain more agreement is to say, "Cops should only write speeding tickets as a secondary offense." That would be an instant hit.

    Oh, shucks. I can't spin it.

    Here, use this idea:

    CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat.

    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm


    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    Citizen wrote:
    rodbender wrote:
    SNIP And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?
    Ummmm. Lemme see. How can I spin...er...present this in the best light?

    Ummmm. Its Mike, you see. One of the original OCers of the modern era. If hegets media coverage, its obviously OC-related because he is the voice of OC. And everybody will associate OCers as being advocates of getting rid of those damned traffic cameras. We will be instant celebrities! Everyone hates those cameras.

    The only way to gain more agreement is to say, "Cops should only write speeding tickets as a secondary offense." That would be an instant hit.

    Oh, shucks. I can't spin it.

    Here, use this idea:

    CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat.

    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

    Always did know whose boots to lick didn't you.

    BTW - mine need a shine too, they're muddy from the rally that someone didn't attend. :P

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •