Thread: OpenCarry.org's Mike Stollenwerk caught red handed speaking for motorists' rights on radio talk show

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

UPDATE: Audio found at http://www.wtop.com/?sid=628078&nid=524, scroll down.

--

Listen on demand at http://www.wtop.com/?nid=63, scroll to link on left.

Regards the "cornucopia" of ticket cameras in DC Metro areas

Join NMA today at http://www.motorists.org

Post imported post

One thing I enjoy about this forum, as opposed to most gun forums, is that the majority of people here understand and support individual liberty.

I find that typical gun forums are more concerned with what I call "conservative gun rights": they want licensing and permits and restrictions, and worship big government when it comes to drug laws, "morality codes", etc. They don't seem to understand that individual liberty applies to everyone.

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    One thing I enjoy about this forum, as opposed to most gun forums, is that the majority of people here understand and support individual liberty.

I find that typical gun forums are more concerned with what I call "conservative gun rights": they want licensing and permits and restrictions, and worship big government when it comes to drug laws, "morality codes", etc. They don't seem to understand that individual liberty applies to everyone.

+1,000 on this. And on Opencarry.org I see the most liberty-minded postings on any of the boards I frequent. Must be the higher "caliber" of people we have on this board!

Post imported post

And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?

Looks like the owner just violated one of his own rules, but then I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:

Looks like the owner just violated one of his own rules, but then I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.
    That's the way it works.

The internet hasn't been completely bludgeoned by government regulation yet, so property rights still hold meaning here. Nothing keeping any one of us from starting our own websites if we don't like this one.

Since I'm a liberty nut, which is why I'm a gun nut, I'm perfectly fine with the way Mike uses his website.

Centurion

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:

Yep. I wasn't able to make it to the Texas open carry gathering you hosted but you had rules, as was your right. As the owner, you could also make exceptions to them if you decided to do so. I'm not saying that you did, only that you could. As was stated so many times in History of the World, Part 1, "It's good to be the king."

SA-TX

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Tolerance! We must be tolerant of the benighted, be they statist or eager tyrants or merely gallus-snappers.

Post imported post

I don't have a problem with him using it any way he so chooses. Nor do I have a problem with some of the other threads that don't pertain to OC or gun rights. Just pointing out a fact, that's all. Like I said; I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Great job Mike, Maybe the NMA should be linked from this site too?

For anyone not familar with the NMA, it is a great organization! I have been a member for 5 years. I suggest others join too, they have done many things to keep government tyranny at a lower level on our roadways. I joined the NMA shortly after getting my first undeserved traffic ticket.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Great job Mike, Maybe the NMA should be linked from this site too?

For anyone not familar with the NMA, it is a great organization! I have been a member for 5 years. I suggest others join too, they have done many things to keep government tyranny at a lower level on our roadways. I joined the NMA shortly after getting my first undeserved traffic ticket.
    And they'll pay for your ticket too if you have been a member for a year and fight the ticket.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    SNIP And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?
    Ummmm. Lemme see. How can I spin...er...present this in the best light?

Ummmm. Its Mike, you see. One of the original OCers of the modern era. If hegets media coverage, its obviously OC-related because he is the voice of OC. And everybody will associate OCers as being advocates of getting rid of those damned traffic cameras. We will be instant celebrities! Everyone hates those cameras.

The only way to gain more agreement is to say, "Cops should only write speeding tickets as a secondary offense." That would be an instant hit.

Oh, shucks. I can't spin it.

Here, use this idea:

CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    rodbender wrote:
    SNIP And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?
    Ummmm. Lemme see. How can I spin...er...present this in the best light?

Ummmm. Its Mike, you see. One of the original OCers of the modern era. If hegets media coverage, its obviously OC-related because he is the voice of OC. And everybody will associate OCers as being advocates of getting rid of those damned traffic cameras. We will be instant celebrities! Everyone hates those cameras.

The only way to gain more agreement is to say, "Cops should only write speeding tickets as a secondary offense." That would be an instant hit.

Oh, shucks. I can't spin it.

Here, use this idea:

CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

Always did know whose boots to lick didn't you.

BTW - mine need a shine too, they're muddy from the rally that someone didn't attend. :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.