• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org's Mike Stollenwerk caught red handed speaking for motorists' rights on radio talk show

KBCraig

imported post

One thing I enjoy about this forum, as opposed to most gun forums, is that the majority of people here understand and support individual liberty.

I find that typical gun forums are more concerned with what I call "conservative gun rights": they want licensing and permits and restrictions, and worship big government when it comes to drug laws, "morality codes", etc. They don't seem to understand that individual liberty applies to everyone.

GoldCoaster

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
One thing I enjoy about this forum, as opposed to most gun forums, is that the majority of people here understand and support individual liberty.

I find that typical gun forums are more concerned with what I call "conservative gun rights": they want licensing and permits and restrictions, and worship big government when it comes to drug laws, "morality codes", etc. They don't seem to understand that individual liberty applies to everyone.
+1,000 on this. And on Opencarry.org I see the most liberty-minded postings on any of the boards I frequent. Must be the higher "caliber" of people we have on this board! :D

rodbender

imported post

And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?

Looks like the owner just violated one of his own rules, but then I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.

Tomahawk

imported post

rodbender wrote:

Looks like the owner just violated one of his own rules, but then I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.

That's the way it works.

The internet hasn't been completely bludgeoned by government regulation yet, so property rights still hold meaning here. Nothing keeping any one of us from starting our own websites if we don't like this one.

Since I'm a liberty nut, which is why I'm a gun nut, I'm perfectly fine with the way Mike uses his website.

SA-TX

Centurion
imported post

rodbender wrote:

Yep. I wasn't able to make it to the Texas open carry gathering you hosted but you had rules, as was your right. As the owner, you could also make exceptions to them if you decided to do so. I'm not saying that you did, only that you could. As was stated so many times in History of the World, Part 1, "It's good to be the king." :dude:

SA-TX

rodbender

imported post

I don't have a problem with him using it any way he so chooses. Nor do I have a problem with some of the other threads that don't pertain to OC or gun rights. Just pointing out a fact, that's all. Like I said; I suppose he's allowed, since he owns it.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Great job Mike, Maybe the NMA should be linked from this site too?

For anyone not familar with the NMA, it is a great organization! I have been a member for 5 years. I suggest others join too, they have done many things to keep government tyranny at a lower level on our roadways. I joined the NMA shortly after getting my first undeserved traffic ticket.

mpg9999

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Great job Mike, Maybe the NMA should be linked from this site too?

For anyone not familar with the NMA, it is a great organization! I have been a member for 5 years. I suggest others join too, they have done many things to keep government tyranny at a lower level on our roadways. I joined the NMA shortly after getting my first undeserved traffic ticket.
And they'll pay for your ticket too if you have been a member for a year and fight the ticket.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rodbender wrote:
SNIP And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?
Ummmm. Lemme see. How can I spin...er...present this in the best light?

Ummmm. Its Mike, you see. One of the original OCers of the modern era. If hegets media coverage, its obviously OC-related because he is the voice of OC. And everybody will associate OCers as being advocates of getting rid of those damned traffic cameras. We will be instant celebrities! Everyone hates those cameras.

The only way to gain more agreement is to say, "Cops should only write speeding tickets as a secondary offense." :) That would be an instant hit.

Oh, shucks. I can't spin it.

Here, use this idea:

CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
rodbender wrote:
SNIP And this is related to open carry orgun rights, HOW?
Ummmm. Lemme see. How can I spin...er...present this in the best light?

Ummmm. Its Mike, you see. One of the original OCers of the modern era. If hegets media coverage, its obviously OC-related because he is the voice of OC. And everybody will associate OCers as being advocates of getting rid of those damned traffic cameras. We will be instant celebrities! Everyone hates those cameras.

The only way to gain more agreement is to say, "Cops should only write speeding tickets as a secondary offense." :) That would be an instant hit.

Oh, shucks. I can't spin it.

Here, use this idea:

CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

:D
Always did know whose boots to lick didn't you. :)

BTW - mine need a shine too, they're muddy from the rally that someone didn't attend. :p

Yata hey