• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Gunnie's in Orem

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I decided to stop by Gunnies on my lunch break today, since I have not been there in over a year.

I carried my GLOCK 35 openly, and as predicted none of the employees mentoned anything about it.

I was in the store for 30 minutes, looking at a Springfield Loaded Lightweight Bi-tone 1911, and XDm 9MM. :D

On the way out, I snapped this photo of the sign on the door. Looks like the spirit of the wording is to prohibit open carry.

The small print at the bottom states (Not required for concealed firearms with Concealed Firearm Permit)

CIMG1148.jpg

LovesHisXD45

imported post

I agree with ya there Charles. I was just pointing out the loop hole in the trespassing code for this particular situation. I agree that this issue needs some clarification with some added legislation in future sessions. I still think it would be fair to make the businesses liable for any damages suffered if a no-legal-firearms-on-the-premises policy put you in harms' way if a BG goes on a rampage or robbery and you get hurt or killed because you didn't have your standard means of protection handy.

The bill that passed into law this past session was a good step in that direction with regard to your vehicle and place of employment. Let's keep laying the groundwork for the business end now. I'm sure both sides of this debate could work out a solution over time.

Kevin

P.S. I think somebody needs some "Cheese" to go with their "Chilidogs" ;) Oops.. I just dropped another skittle on the ground. I wonder what will come out from under that bridge over there and eat it.... hmmmm

thx997303

imported post

I think I may have sown the seeds that led to that sign.

Brian sure didn't like when I OC there. Kinda made a stink about it afterward.