• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Fife up to speed

hydrochloride

imported post

After visiting a local park here, I noticed the signs were posted " no firearms". I contacted the local Parks and Recreation and left a message. I was contacted and informed that they understand that the signs are not in compliance with state preemption and that they are working on getting all the signs changed.

It seems as though cities are becoming educated on open carry and that truly is a good thing, because it keeps us safer and prevents unwanted expenses for both parties in unwanted lawsuits.

I have been trying to work with Federal Way but have only been playing phone tag. Does anyone have any experience with Federal Way?

Bobarino

imported post

Does anyone have any experience with Federal Way?

i will soon. i didn't get my CPL renewed in time and there will be a lapse between when mine expires and when my new one arrives so open carry it will be. the unloading for car travel is going to be a bit of a pain but oh well. btw, i'm the guy who you met in Top Foods of 316th a few weeks ago. i don't OC very often but i won't have any choice for a while here. i'll post up my experiences if there are any that are noteworthy.

Bobby

Tawnos

imported post

hydrochloride wrote:
After visiting a local park here, I noticed the signs were posted " no firearms". I contacted the local Parks and Recreation and left a message. I was contacted and informed that they understand that the signs are not in compliance with state preemption and that they are working on getting all the signs changed.

It seems as though cities are becoming educated on open carry and that truly is a good thing, because it keeps us safer and prevents unwanted expenses for both parties in unwanted lawsuits.

I have been trying to work with Federal Way but have only been playing phone tag. Does anyone have any experience with Federal Way?
Hopefully they actually follow up. I was told that "they understand that the signs are not in compliance with state preemption and they are working on getting all the signs changed." Six months later I was ejected from a park. Six months and one day later, I had an apology from the BPD attorney.

I should check if those signs are still up...

hydrochloride

imported post

I just got off the phone with Jason Gerwin who is the head of parks and Recreation. He was unaware of State Preemption and the posted signs being incorrect. He was very helpful and interested in the issue. He said honestly that he was not sure if this would bring about a total re posting of the sign because of budget issues., but informed me that he will inform personnel and bring it up in his weekly report.
My goal is to get the signs changed, but this was a possitive and educating encounter.

jarhead1911A

imported post

As far as OC in fife i have my hat off to FPD they are truely a honorable police force and i feel safe even though i carry i know that if i didnt have my gun they would be quick to respond. Now if i can get TPD to follow in there foot steps Tacoma wouldnt be a bad place to live.

I had spoken to several TPD officers recently and they told me " it is easier for us to come and clean up your mess, then for us to go there and stop it from happening all together" :shock::shock::shock::shock:

True story sad story but a true one none the less

Trigger Dr

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
As far as OC in fife i have my hat off to FPD they are truely a honorable police force and i feel safe even though i carry i know that if i didnt have my gun they would be quick to respond. Now if i can get TPD to follow in there foot steps Tacoma wouldnt be a bad place to live.

I had spoken to several TPD officers recently and they told me " it is easier for us to come and clean up your mess, then for us to go there and stop it from happening all together" :shock::shock::shock::shock:

True story sad story but a true one none the less

Sounds like that old training given to new cops. ABC's of police work are Ambulance

Before Cop. " We will get there late and let the ambulance crew do the dirt.

I am glad that has become a thing of the past in most departments.

hydrochloride

imported post

I walk around Puyallup all the time. I purposely walked up and down meridian just ot see what kind of police response I would get. Some one obviously called me in but, they just kept their distance. I was followed but no contact. I take my kid to the park in front of the library sometimes OCing also....no negtitive responses yet.