• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Open Carry Gathering

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

I would like to see a continually rolling protest location where people come and go from until this gets changed, it's quite ridiculous.

Seattle PD said they do not give warnings for people knowingly trespassing, they take the offender down to the station and interview them, then release upon no further issues. Though in no way should anyone resist arrest.

sirpuma

imported post

Criminal and Tyrannical governments NEVER listen to protests. They ignore letters. Their judges throw out cases against them. Their LEO blindly enforce the invalid rules.

You can file your protests, letters and law suit. But should all that fail and they still enforce an illegal city ordnance, what will be your next step to show they are wrong and you are right? No country or government has ever steered away from tyranny and back to their republic ways without the use of force. You can't vote a a corrupt democracy back into a law abiding republic because once they have corrupted the election system, they control the whole thing.

DEROS72

imported post

That is why I am proposing a planning meeting at Manus resturant.I am seeinh knee jerk reactions and we need to all get on the same page or the media will shred us.a few of showing up at a park and getting hauled off in cuffs is going to accomplish nothing.Get all groups together and divise a quick decisive and rational strategy.You guys that understand the RCW"S the best could help those of that are a little weak.If we go off half cocked (pun intended) we will lose.

kwiebe

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
Criminal and Tyrannical governments NEVER listen to protests. They ignore letters. Their judges throw out cases against them. Their LEO blindly enforce the invalid rules.

You can file your protests, letters and law suit. But should all that fail and they still enforce an illegal city ordnance, what will be your next step to show they are wrong and you are right? No country or government has ever steered away from tyranny and back to their republic ways without the use of force. You can't vote a a corrupt democracy back into a law abiding republic because once they have corrupted the election system, they control the whole thing.
Sadly, I couldn't find anything in the above to generally disagree with. I only wish it were a mere academic observation, as opposed to a description of our current trajectory.

Better days are ahead, but we'll go through hell to reach them. In an odd way, it's really something to look forward to, once we're on the other side at least. We've been on a path to this for about 100 years - it's just that the pedal recently got pressed to the metal.

Count me as thankful that the issue will at last be resolved.

Gay_Cynic

imported post

Let's not be premature. If litigation and letters fail, other means remain wholly available to us ranging from bogging down and bankrupting the city in a flood of paper, political assaults on the municipal wallet, and good old fashioned street (and other) protests.

I'm simply opposed to raising the Gadsden flag quite yet, BEFORE we've tried less drastic approaches. It's MUCH harder to back down from the more radical options than it is to rachet up.

Let's wait until at least Monday or Tuesday for SAF to do their thing, and then meet to decide what (if any) further measures may be necessary to turn up the heat (or not).

The civil rights movement managed to win a lot of battles with the odds heavily against - but the biggest wins were usually in back rooms and court rooms, not on the streets.

GC

44Brent

imported post

There's absolutely nothing wrong with setting a date now and then cancelling later if the event is not needed. We are running up against the clock on the end of the OC season with raining weather coming down the pike.

People should go ahead and plan for the event. If SAF comes up with some really good super-secret plan to fix the problem they need to let us know

MadHatter66

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
That is why I am proposing a planning meeting at Manus resturant.I am seeinh knee jerk reactions and we need to all get on the same page or the media will shred us.a few of showing up at a park and getting hauled off in cuffs is going to accomplish nothing.Get all groups together and divise a quick decisive and rational strategy.You guys that understand the RCW"S the best could help those of that are a little weak.If we go off half cocked (pun intended) we will lose.

I would agree with this... Words of wisdom...

Although I am tempted to run over to Seattle, get hauled off, file lawsuit, retire at 30 ;)

I think that we have a ton of knee jerk reaction to this, as we are all people that have worked at some level against this. Having a unified voice in this matter will be the only that will help. I am willing to do whatever, if there is anyone that has a plan in the works PM me and let me know how I can help out.

compmanio365

imported post

I'm always down with checking out Dino's; haven't had a chance to get in there yet. Plan it for at least 2 weeks out so people can make sure it doesn't conflict with already made plans for the most part, then as long as it's at least that far out, you can guarantee I'll be there.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

it'll be like nickelsville probably. you get arreted but no charges will be filed

Gay_Cynic

imported post

Just a thought, but it's come to my attention that the Dino's event is on the same Sunday as the WAC show - at 5pm. That's a bit of a stretch for those of us running tables w/serious displays to load-out and haul north at frantic speed.

Speaking for myself, my load-out's not TOO bad...it's self-mobile (electric hunting carts, atv's, etc), but there's still quality time strapping it all down so it doesn't fall off and go tumbling down I-5.

Is there any way we can either push the meet to 7pm or to a day that's not conflicting w/ WAC?

DEROS72

imported post

Some of us were going to start gathering there at 5.But it will probably go a couple of hours being that a lot of us plan to have dinner and get discussions going as we see most are there.I envsioned a somewhat informal agenda to get a multitude of ideas and info out.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

why not set a time for food and a time for talk? since we cant sit back in the bar there still are a limited amount of seatting.

how many are showing up so far? with everyone showing up and tossing in their 2 cents some are probably goign to not get what they want.

lots of if and buts

Marysville

imported post

I think everyone needs to stop the knee jerk reactions and think this through. Make a plan. Otherwise we are going to lose. We all already know that the ban is illegal, we have read the wac and read the ag's opinion, or at least heard of it. The court battle is going to be easy. Saf is going to ask that they uphold the laws already in place, not try to change them. If for some reason that they lose, and I can't see how they could, then we can take to the streets.
How is this protest going to be played out in the media? Are you trying to get charged with criminal trespass so that you can fight it that way? Saf is already taking that route without the bad publicity. You want to help? Call the saf and see what you can do to help with the case and the cause and ask what would hurt the cause. If saf wasn't around and nobody was doing anything about this then I would say get a lawyer to challenge it or start protesting. We aren't there though.