Thread: Mayor Greg Nickels Takes Live Calls on the Seattle Channel

Post imported post

Ask the Mayor puts YOU on TV, along with Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels! Dial (206) 684-8821 during the show or email anytime using the form below.

http://www.seattlechannel.org/askthemayor/

Time to get to work!!!!

Post imported post

Call or email away......

Post imported post

Post imported post

swatspyder wrote: Hm, not working for me, not sure if it's MS proxy blocking it or what. Is it working for you?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Maybe they know what kind of questions he is going to get tonight :what:

Not working ATM

Post imported post

Just called in and got to ask him......

How does restricting my legal gun rights and the ability to protect my family make the city a safer when it does not remove the illegal guns from criminals?

Then the phone went dead. I called back and found out that it is normal procedure and to listen for his response tomorrow.

It seems like a one way conversation to me!

Call in now!

Post imported post

Video is still broken. I'll watch it later when the seattle channel gets their act together.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    Video is still broken. I'll watch it later when the seattle channel gets their act together.
    I called and the lady said she'll have some one look into it...

They probably didn't want this one going live and they are going to edit the video that gets posted online..... Wanna bet?

Post imported post

It will never stick, it is unconstitutional and unpractical. His claim that city property is private is wrong, it is public.

Post imported post

hydrochloride wrote:
    Just called in and got to ask him......

How does restricting my legal gun rights and the ability to protect my family make the city a safer when it does not remove the illegal guns from criminals?

Then the phone went dead. I called back and found out that it is normal procedure and to listen for his response tomorrow.

It seems like a one way conversation to me!

Call in now!
    Do you know about what time you got your question in?

Post imported post

My computer said about 7:05. I just happened to be reading it at 7pm and decided to call. I thought out my question as is was ringing. I wish I was more prepared, but it turned out fine. Let's just see if I get edited out.

Post imported post

They have the video up and the question about the illegal gun ban was asked at 4:40. Hydrochloride asked his at 14:00

http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos...asp?ID=3010910
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Oh man that dirty slime ball, quoting bad statistics and assuming public property is somehow owned by the city rather than the public. hydrochloride that was a good question you asked, and we all know the real answer to that but he flipped it around to make it sound as if being a victim is the best thing and that's what the city of Seattle wants.

Post imported post

I gotta ask, why would you play into their hands like that. Asking questions in a format where the person answering the questions has time to think about how to answer is never going to get you a win. Basicly the person answering the question can lie and/or make up false stats and they are never rebutted and the sheepeople eat it up as gospel, after all it came from the Mayor.

Now asking that same question at a town hall meetingwould get you somewhere.

I am not attacking anyone for their efforts, this kinda stuff just frustrates the crap out of me, sorry

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.