• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayor Greg Nickels Takes Live Calls on the Seattle Channel

hydrochloride

imported post

Just called in and got to ask him......

How does restricting my legal gun rights and the ability to protect my family make the city a safer when it does not remove the illegal guns from criminals?

Then the phone went dead. I called back and found out that it is normal procedure and to listen for his response tomorrow.

It seems like a one way conversation to me!

Call in now!

Tawnos

imported post

Video is still broken. I'll watch it later when the seattle channel gets their act together.

swatspyder

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Video is still broken. I'll watch it later when the seattle channel gets their act together.
I called and the lady said she'll have some one look into it...

They probably didn't want this one going live and they are going to edit the video that gets posted online..... Wanna bet?

FunkTrooper

imported post

hydrochloride wrote:
Just called in and got to ask him......

How does restricting my legal gun rights and the ability to protect my family make the city a safer when it does not remove the illegal guns from criminals?

Then the phone went dead. I called back and found out that it is normal procedure and to listen for his response tomorrow.

It seems like a one way conversation to me!

Call in now!
Do you know about what time you got your question in?

hydrochloride

imported post

My computer said about 7:05. I just happened to be reading it at 7pm and decided to call. I thought out my question as is was ringing. I wish I was more prepared, but it turned out fine. Let's just see if I get edited out.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Oh man that dirty slime ball, quoting bad statistics and assuming public property is somehow owned by the city rather than the public. hydrochloride that was a good question you asked, and we all know the real answer to that but he flipped it around to make it sound as if being a victim is the best thing and that's what the city of Seattle wants.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I gotta ask, why would you play into their hands like that. Asking questions in a format where the person answering the questions has time to think about how to answer is never going to get you a win. Basicly the person answering the question can lie and/or make up false stats and they are never rebutted and the sheepeople eat it up as gospel, after all it came from the Mayor.

Now asking that same question at a town hall meetingwould get you somewhere.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am not attacking anyone for their efforts, this kinda stuff just frustrates the crap out of me, sorry

Orphan