• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question... for every one

conservative85

imported post

A. What if we just read the Constitution & take it word for word.
The right of the people to Keep(have, own) & Bear(to have on ones person) arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

No laws Federal, or state are legal.

Concealed or not it does not matter.

long gun or pistol, it dos not matter

Airport or post office!

THway

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
You Sir are absolutely correct! :banghead:
Win-Cookie_Cream.jpg

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

conservative85 wrote:
The right of the people to Keep(have, own) & Bear(to have on ones person) arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Airport or post office!
Although I agree with you 100%... your "reading" or mine is not what SEEMS to matter. With the upcoming USSC case dealing with the 2nd Amendment (hopefully early next year), perhaps we will get a closer SC interpretation to what was actually written.

conservative85

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Airport or post office!
Although I agree with you 100%... your "reading" or mine is not what SEEMS to matter. With the upcoming USSC case dealing with the 2nd Amendment (hopefully early next year), perhaps we will get a closer SC interpretation to what was actually written.
You mean "perhaps we will get a closer SC interpretation to what was actually meant? cause I wrote what was actually written.

I hope that wasn't splittin hares?

:celebrate

Yooper

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
DrTodd wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Airport or post office!
You mean "perhaps we will get a closer SC interpretation to what was actually meant? cause I wrote what was actually written.

I hope that wasn't splittin hares?

:celebrate
If your splittin hares, it must be huntin season.

DanM

imported post

conservative85 wrote:

Some laws would not belegal, as they canbe heldas "infringements" that the right speaks of. However,some laws could be held asreasonable regulation, not infringements.For instance,laws taking the right away from violent felonsor people of diminished mental capacity are reasonable and are not infringements. The determination of the line between "infringement" and "reasonable regulation" is tricky, but it is a legitimate distinctionboth legally and ethically.
Airport or post office!
I agree that laws prohibiting the above haven't been demonstrated, rationally, as to their "reasonableness".

Haman J.T.

imported post

DanM wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Some laws would not belegal, as they canbe heldas "infringements" that the right speaks of. However,some laws could be held asreasonable regulation, not infringements.For instance,laws taking the right away from violent felonsor people of diminished mental capacity are reasonable and are not infringements. The determination of the line between "infringement" and "reasonable regulation" is tricky, but it is a legitimate distinctionboth legally and ethically.
Airport or post office!
I agree that laws prohibiting the above haven't been demonstrated, rationally, as to their "reasonableness".

In my dictionary,infringe means" to break a law; to violate;to encroach;to trespass". In Websters dictionary of 1806 it means," to violate,either positively by contravention,or negatively by non-fulfillment or neglect of performance.Contravene meaning,"to be contrary,to violate,to oppose,to go against". To KEEP,by Webster 1806," to hold;to retain ones power or possession;not to lose or part with,to have in custody for security or preservation", and BEAR," to carry,to wear;name:to bear arms in a coat".

It doesn't mean they can restrict or regulatePEOPLE from when or where or how you are armed,and that is what laws,rules and regulations do! They infringe!

Ever notice how many felons,mentaly ill and just plain ole evil people use guns,even when there are rules,laws and regulations?

If you don't infringe on anyone,by eliminating all gun laws,then we're still in the same position.GOOD PEOPLE HAVE GUNS and BAD,INSANE PEOPLE HAVE GUNS.

GOOD PEOPLE are JUSTIFIED, and rightfully so,IN SHOOTING THE BAD,INSANE PEOPLE,who ARE NOT JUSTIFIED in having a gun in the first place!

In the good old west,people were armed and polite and 5 times safer than we are today,and if you watch enough old westerns and read the history of those times,you would have heard of all the bad guy's and their names and noticed there weren't very many of em because they got chased down by legal vigilanty's,posse's and the militia's(all the able bodied neighbors) and hung! We don't see too many neighbors chasing bad guy's these days because the media,for decades,have been telling us that the police are here to serve and protect.Call them! When the only thing the police do is show up after the crime and try to catch them!

I believe everyone should have guns without restrictions,because the GOOD PEOPLE will' as they have always done throughout history, take responsibility and deal with the bad guy's appropriately! The death penalty is totaly under used! God Bless America!There's still hope!

Taurus850CIA

imported post

DanM wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Airport or post office!
These laws ARE infringements. If a person commits a crime that warrants the removal of ANY right, they don't need to be re-admitted to society. Whether that means long hard time, or death penalty, would be left to a jury to decide. If that person is deemed to have earned the right to re-admittance to society, he/she should be allowed all of their rights, not just some. As far as a mentally handicapped person, I'll admit that that is a gray line. However, whether that person should be allowed to handle/possess firearms should not be a government control issue. It should be left up to friends/family. There are institutions for severe forms of mental handicap, where this would not be an issue. JMO

conservative85

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
DanM wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Airport or post office!

In my dictionary,infringe means" to break a law; to violate;to encroach;to trespass". In Websters dictionary of 1806 it means," to violate,either positively by contravention,or negatively by non-fulfillment or neglect of performance.Contravene meaning,"to be contrary,to violate,to oppose,to go against". To KEEP,by Webster 1806," to hold;to retain ones power or possession;not to lose or part with,to have in custody for security or preservation", and BEAR," to carry,to wear;name:to bear arms in a coat".

It doesn't mean they can restrict or regulatePEOPLE from when or where or how you are armed,and that is what laws,rules and regulations do! They infringe!

Ever notice how many felons,mentaly ill and just plain ole evil people use guns,even when there are rules,laws and regulations?

If you don't infringe on anyone,by eliminating all gun laws,then we're still in the same position.GOOD PEOPLE HAVE GUNS and BAD,INSANE PEOPLE HAVE GUNS.

GOOD PEOPLE are JUSTIFIED, and rightfully so,IN SHOOTING THE BAD,INSANE PEOPLE,who ARE NOT JUSTIFIED in having a gun in the first place!

In the good old west,people were armed and polite and 5 times safer than we are today,and if you watch enough old westerns and read the history of those times,you would have heard of all the bad guy's and their names and noticed there weren't very many of em because they got chased down by legal vigilanty's,posse's and the militia's(all the able bodied neighbors) and hung! We don't see too many neighbors chasing bad guy's these days because the media,for decades,have been telling us that the police are here to serve and protect.Call them! When the only thing the police do is show up after the crime and try to catch them!

I believe everyone should have guns without restrictions,because the GOOD PEOPLE will' as they have always done throughout history, take responsibility and deal with the bad guy's appropriately! The death penalty is totaly under used! God Bless America!There's still hope!
Wow where are we going with this? & who are you to judge whether some one is good or bad! who are you to judge whether some one in justified to have or keep? these rights were granted by God, and merely guaranteed by George.
You nor the government have the right to take away something you nor the government ever gave in the first place. Last but not least...If you commit a crime felon, or misdemeanor and you serve your time and pay your debt to society you have a right to keep and bear arms to defend yourself, your family etc.
If you use bad guys & mentally insane as an exuse to regulate guns then you are convicting the firearm. For christ sake it is an inatiment object. Who is to say that these same two classes of people won't get in a car and cause harm, we don't take it out on the car. I know felons who still have the right to vote, drive, drink alcohol, work at jobs around non felons. You cannot give up freedom and expect security, if you do you get & deserve neither!

Haman J.T.

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
DanM wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Airport or post office!

wow where are we going with this?
Laws don't effect bad guy's. Eliminate all gun laws, all good guy's will have guns too!

Veritas

imported post

Come on people don't be ridiculous. It's blatantly obvious what our Forefathers meant when they wrote "bear arms". Do I have to paint a picture for you all? Fine:

right_to_bear_arms1.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Veritas wrote:
Come on people don't be ridiculous. It's blatantly obvious what our Forefathers meant when they wrote "bear arms". Do I have to paint a picture for you all? Fine: [bear arms pic]
Penalty flag!Excessive display of pockets.