• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

College Football Games?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I brought this up at dinner and would like to discuss. I was at Virginia Tech for the BC game this past weekend. I OC'd a lot, but didn't carry to the BC game. I did notice on my way into the game a BIG sign stating no firearms and also that all persons are subject to search. How is this legal? It is a state funded stadium and I have a valid ticket to the game thus I am not trespassing.

nova

imported post

It isn't. It is public property and just as they can't ban guns at the Richmond Coleseum they can't at their football stadium or anywhere else on their campus.

However, good luck getting a court to see it the same way afterwards since it seems as though the government doesn't like to rule against itself these days.

We'll see how the GMU thing goes if the supreme court takes it (I really hope they do, justice needs served, and people need their rights back that were illegally taken away from them)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While you are at it, riddle me this: What are you doing to get your Delegate and Senator on board with either introducing or co-sponsoring a bill to bring state agencies and universities/colleges under § 15.2-915?

It's a great topic to get started on in preparation for Lobby Day, but by then it should have already been introduced, been through committee(s), voted on, and signed into law. OK, that's in my imaginary world that the last part was done.

stay safe.

skidmark