Thread: Suggestions for a good IWB holster?

Post imported post

I'm up to suggestions for a new IWB holster. I like to carry @ 3'oclock, no cant, and I am looking for either a hard leather, fabric, or a well-molded kydex so the slide doesn't get chewed up. I also don't want it to move *at all.* Talking like jumping around not moving.

Any suggestions?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    I'm up to suggestions for a new IWB holster. I like to carry @ 3'oclock, no cant, and I am looking for either a hard leather, fabric, or a well-molded kydex so the slide doesn't get chewed up. I also don't want it to move *at all.* Talking like jumping around not moving.

Any suggestions?
    I SUGGEST identifying to gun you plan to put in it!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

killchain wrote:

Any suggestions?
    Comptac Minotaur MTAC Holster is a very good IWB.

Post imported post

Read the title Bob

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    killchain wrote:

Any suggestions?
    I SUGGEST identifying to gun you plan to put in it!

Post imported post

oh no; i am become the dreaded,...dork! thanx
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2

Post imported post

i really like Blade-Tech IWB's. they're made locally here in Tacoma too. i have 3 of them. all have been great. excellent retention.

Bobby

Post imported post

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG1.asp

I've carried a Galco for years and it has worn very well for my M1911 3.5"brl.

Post imported post

I use a Galco Walkabout #226 for my PT 145 & PT 745. If you wear a belt it will notgo anywhere and it holds a spare magazine. I often OC with this arraingmentthe draw back isthere is no retention, and its hard to reholster.

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

I highly recomend the Crossbreed Supertuck. I find it to be very comfortable and durable.

Post imported post

Cool, thanks for the advice, I'll take a gander at the ones listed.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    Also Kramer makes a very good IWB and they're based here in Washington. I like supporting local business whenever I can.

http://www.kramerleather.com

DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

kenshin wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    Also Kramer makes a very good IWB and they're based here in Washington. I like supporting local business whenever I can.

Hmm, that really appeals to me. I try my best to shop local, I'll check them out. Thanks!

Post imported post

kenshin wrote:
    killchain wrote:

Wow, looks like great stuff. I'll have to check them out.

Post imported post

I have to x2 the SuperTuck. I've had mine for over a year (carrying a G30) and it's incredibly comfortable. I've gone jogging with it several times and had no problems.

Post imported post

The Gray family owns a variety of IWB holsters, from High Noon, Blade-tech, and Comp-Tac. It's the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTac's that get used when we reach for IWB holsters. Superior comfort. Excellent concealment. Easy to draw from. Great retention.

If one of them were to break, our immediate response would be to replace it with an identical holster ASAP.

It doesn't hurt that Comp-Tac are great to do business with. In our experience they always under-promise and over-deliver. And you get free 'Smarties' candy with every order. :-)