• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suggestions for a good IWB holster?

killchain

imported post

I'm up to suggestions for a new IWB holster. I like to carry @ 3'oclock, no cant, and I am looking for either a hard leather, fabric, or a well-molded kydex so the slide doesn't get chewed up. I also don't want it to move *at all.* Talking like jumping around not moving. :)

Any suggestions?

1245A Defender

imported post

killchain wrote:
I'm up to suggestions for a new IWB holster. I like to carry @ 3'oclock, no cant, and I am looking for either a hard leather, fabric, or a well-molded kydex so the slide doesn't get chewed up. I also don't want it to move *at all.* Talking like jumping around not moving. :)

Any suggestions?
I SUGGEST identifying to gun you plan to put in it!

usaf0906

imported post

killchain wrote:

Any suggestions?
Comptac Minotaur MTAC Holster is a very good IWB.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Read the title Bob

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
killchain wrote:

Any suggestions?
I SUGGEST identifying to gun you plan to put in it!

Bobarino

imported post

i really like Blade-Tech IWB's. they're made locally here in Tacoma too. i have 3 of them. all have been great. excellent retention.

Bobby

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I use a Galco Walkabout #226 for my PT 145 & PT 745. If you wear a belt it will notgo anywhere and it holds a spare magazine. I often OC with this arraingmentthe draw back isthere is no retention, and its hard to reholster.

Orphan

killchain

imported post

kenshin wrote:
killchain wrote:
Cool, thanks for the advice, I'll take a gander at the ones listed. :)
Also Kramer makes a very good IWB and they're based here in Washington. I like supporting local business whenever I can.

http://www.kramerleather.com
Hmm, that really appeals to me. I try my best to shop local, I'll check them out. Thanks!

3/325

imported post

I have to x2 the SuperTuck. I've had mine for over a year (carrying a G30) and it's incredibly comfortable. I've gone jogging with it several times and had no problems.

MrGray

imported post

The Gray family owns a variety of IWB holsters, from High Noon, Blade-tech, and Comp-Tac. It's the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTac's that get used when we reach for IWB holsters. Superior comfort. Excellent concealment. Easy to draw from. Great retention.

If one of them were to break, our immediate response would be to replace it with an identical holster ASAP.

It doesn't hurt that Comp-Tac are great to do business with. In our experience they always under-promise and over-deliver. And you get free 'Smarties' candy with every order. :)