Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Anyone OC in Lakewood/Tacoma?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    I read the threads about OC in Seattle, and read one person's account over at GlockTalk. It felt wonderful to read about the King County Sheriff talking about OC.

    I've been browsing a bit and noticed some people here from my area. Have any of you OC'd around Lakewood, Tacoma, University Place, Parkland or Spanaway?

    I recently got my first pistol, a Glock 22, and want to carry it while I'm in the process of getting my CPL, which only leaves me with OC as a carry option.


    An additional question out of pure curiousity: Is using an IWB holster with the grip exposed considered OC, or would it most likely be construed as concealed? I'm not planning on OCing with an IWB holster (since they're made for CC), I'll probably end up either making my own or getting a cheap Uncle Mike's kydex holster.


    Any input is greatly appreciated!

    -Paddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  2. #2
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    I've been browsing a bit and noticed some people here from my area. Have any of you OC'd around Lakewood, Tacoma, University Place, Parkland or Spanaway?
    Quite a few of us OC in the area's mentioned. I, myself OC 99% of the time while out and about. Pick a spot for a meet and set a time, most of us are always up for a chance to get out of the house.

  3. #3
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Live down in Graham, but OC around Tacoma, UP, wherever I happen to be.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    Glad to hear that OC won't cause a huge uproar!

    Let's get a meetup planned, I'm free tomorrow after 1:30 and Saturday all day.

    Anyone have ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  5. #5
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Work until 6 tomorrow, then have plans, so Friday is out unless you want to meet fairly late. Might be out of town most of the weekend, not sure yet; waiting to hear the final go ahead from a friend. If I end up being around, would be willing to meet this weekend sometime, have lunch, etc. If you have Yahoo or MSN messenger, click on my name on the left over here and feel free to shoot me a message and we can plan something out between you, me and M1Gunr here.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Stryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    83

    Post imported post

    While I have never had an unplanned crossing of paths with another member, I can say that routine daily OC in South Hill has been without issue. Because I hate Meridian, I will regularly patronize Spanaway's Home Depot. Since I am in the area, the local WalMart and fast food eateries have also been visited and were uneventful.

    I met M1Gunr last week, but would like to meet some other members from the South end. Tomorrow anytime will likely work. Saturday, however, is not an option with out of town guests.

    "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem" Ronald Reagan 20 January 1981

    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

  7. #7
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Stryker, you are right down around where I am at then, if you guys would be willing to meet fairly late Friday night somewhere between Tacoma and Graham I'm up for it. I'm helping a buddy in North Tacoma right after I get off work at 6 and will probably be there until 7:30-8, but could head from there and meet up with you guys after that anywhere in between there and down where I'm at south of Graham proper.......

  8. #8
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Guys, seems like most of us will be able to meet up tonight, so I'm gonna call it:

    8 PM @ the Denny's on 108th and Pacific Ave; right by 512. Was just in there and they had no problem with OC, food was good, and at that time of night on a Friday, they probably could use some armed folks to keep the riff raff out. Call it a joint meetup and public service. Bring your friends, bring the family, hell, drag the cat along. See everyone able to make it there.

  9. #9
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    Guys, seems like most of us will be able to meet up tonight, so I'm gonna call it:

    8 PM @ the Denny's on 108th and Pacific Ave; right by 512. Was just in there and they had no problem with OC, food was good, and at that time of night on a Friday, they probably could use some armed folks to keep the riff raff out. Call it a joint meetup and public service. Bring your friends, bring the family, hell, drag the cat along. See everyone able to make it there.
    I'll be there

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    Count me in, as well as my G22:celebrate
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Curtis, Washington, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    G22Paddy wrote:
    I read the threads about OC in Seattle, and read one person's account over at GlockTalk. It felt wonderful to read about the King County Sheriff talking about OC.

    I've been browsing a bit and noticed some people here from my area. Have any of you OC'd around Lakewood, Tacoma, University Place, Parkland or Spanaway?

    I recently got my first pistol, a Glock 22, and want to carry it while I'm in the process of getting my CPL, which only leaves me with OC as a carry option.


    An additional question out of pure curiousity: Is using an IWB holster with the grip exposed considered OC, or would it most likely be construed as concealed? I'm not planning on OCing with an IWB holster (since they're made for CC), I'll probably end up either making my own or getting a cheap Uncle Mike's kydex holster.


    Any input is greatly appreciated!

    -Paddy
    I second the Gunr's motion. Throw out times, dates and places. Probably wont get all of us, maybe only a few. Still, great chance to meet like-minded people! After meeting Gunr at the Adopt-a-Highway, pretty sure you'll find another Pierce County OC buddy in him!

    Respectfully,

    Commodore

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Curtis, Washington, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    Guys, seems like most of us will be able to meet up tonight, so I'm gonna call it:

    8 PM @ the Denny's on 108th and Pacific Ave; right by 512. Was just in there and they had no problem with OC, food was good, and at that time of night on a Friday, they probably could use some armed folks to keep the riff raff out. Call it a joint meetup and public service. Bring your friends, bring the family, hell, drag the cat along. See everyone able to make it there.
    Wish I lived closer!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    sure a few in Tacoma watch "The OC"

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Curtis, Washington, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    sure a few in Tacoma watch "The OC"
    Care to travel 70 miles South? Please, oh please?

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    I try not to go "south" as much as some others do.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Curtis, Washington, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    I try not to go "south" as much as some others do.
    Really? It's beautiful down here!

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    Commodore76 wrote:
    Really? It's beautiful down here!
    thats what she said

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    Really? It's beautiful down here!
    thats what she said
    ... I love this place already
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Curtis, Washington, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    G22Paddy wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Commodore76 wrote:
    Really? It's beautiful down here!
    thats what she said
    ... I love this place already
    Well, I'm a bit farther South. Awesome here too, I promise!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •