• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC in Lakewood/Tacoma?

.45ACPaddy

imported post

I read the threads about OC in Seattle, and read one person's account over at GlockTalk. It felt wonderful to read about the King County Sheriff talking about OC.

I've been browsing a bit and noticed some people here from my area. Have any of you OC'd around Lakewood, Tacoma, University Place, Parkland or Spanaway?

I recently got my first pistol, a Glock 22, and want to carry it while I'm in the process of getting my CPL, which only leaves me with OC as a carry option.

An additional question out of pure curiousity: Is using an IWB holster with the grip exposed considered OC, or would it most likely be construed as concealed? I'm not planning on OCing with an IWB holster (since they're made for CC), I'll probably end up either making my own or getting a cheap Uncle Mike's kydex holster.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

-Paddy

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I've been browsing a bit and noticed some people here from my area. Have any of you OC'd around Lakewood, Tacoma, University Place, Parkland or Spanaway?

Quite a few of us OC in the area's mentioned. I, myself OC 99% of the time while out and about. Pick a spot for a meet and set a time, most of us are always up for a chance to get out of the house.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Glad to hear that OC won't cause a huge uproar!

Let's get a meetup planned, I'm free tomorrow after 1:30 and Saturday all day.

Anyone have ideas?

compmanio365

imported post

Work until 6 tomorrow, then have plans, so Friday is out unless you want to meet fairly late. Might be out of town most of the weekend, not sure yet; waiting to hear the final go ahead from a friend. If I end up being around, would be willing to meet this weekend sometime, have lunch, etc. If you have Yahoo or MSN messenger, click on my name on the left over here and feel free to shoot me a message and we can plan something out between you, me and M1Gunr here.

Stryker

imported post

While I have never had an unplanned crossing of paths with another member, I can say that routine daily OC in South Hill has been without issue. Because I hate Meridian, I will regularly patronize Spanaway's Home Depot. Since I am in the area, the local WalMart and fast food eateries have also been visited and were uneventful.

I met M1Gunr last week, but would like to meet some other members from the South end. Tomorrow anytime will likely work. Saturday, however, is not an option with out of town guests.

compmanio365

imported post

Stryker, you are right down around where I am at then, if you guys would be willing to meet fairly late Friday night somewhere between Tacoma and Graham I'm up for it. I'm helping a buddy in North Tacoma right after I get off work at 6 and will probably be there until 7:30-8, but could head from there and meet up with you guys after that anywhere in between there and down where I'm at south of Graham proper.......

compmanio365

imported post

Guys, seems like most of us will be able to meet up tonight, so I'm gonna call it:

8 PM @ the Denny's on 108th and Pacific Ave; right by 512. Was just in there and they had no problem with OC, food was good, and at that time of night on a Friday, they probably could use some armed folks to keep the riff raff out. Call it a joint meetup and public service. Bring your friends, bring the family, hell, drag the cat along. See everyone able to make it there.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Guys, seems like most of us will be able to meet up tonight, so I'm gonna call it:

8 PM @ the Denny's on 108th and Pacific Ave; right by 512. Was just in there and they had no problem with OC, food was good, and at that time of night on a Friday, they probably could use some armed folks to keep the riff raff out. Call it a joint meetup and public service. Bring your friends, bring the family, hell, drag the cat along. See everyone able to make it there.
I'll be there

Commodore76

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
I read the threads about OC in Seattle, and read one person's account over at GlockTalk. It felt wonderful to read about the King County Sheriff talking about OC.

I recently got my first pistol, a Glock 22, and want to carry it while I'm in the process of getting my CPL, which only leaves me with OC as a carry option.

An additional question out of pure curiousity: Is using an IWB holster with the grip exposed considered OC, or would it most likely be construed as concealed? I'm not planning on OCing with an IWB holster (since they're made for CC), I'll probably end up either making my own or getting a cheap Uncle Mike's kydex holster.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

-Paddy

I second the Gunr's motion. Throw out times, dates and places. Probably wont get all of us, maybe only a few. Still, great chance to meet like-minded people! After meeting Gunr at the Adopt-a-Highway, pretty sure you'll find another Pierce County OC buddy in him!

Respectfully,

Commodore

Commodore76

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:

Wish I lived closer! :cuss: