Thread: Open Gun Board Meetings Monroe Mi

Post imported post

Oct 16 @ 9;00 am Monroe County Court Building .No more asking to be buzzed in or ask permission to go to restroom . Maybe ?Please attend if available .

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

9:00am of a Friday....

I gotta work, sorry.

Post imported post

Truth rings out ! Nov and Dec 3 rd Thursday of month now in OMA new room ! No more lock outs !

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    Truth rings out ! Nov and Dec 3 rd Thursday of month now in OMA new room ! No more lock outs !
    Well done Tax. They finally realized they were in violation of the law.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Well done Tax. They finally realized they were in violation of the law.
    Hammering attending annoying persistent ................Oh and Never Giving Up !

Post imported post

Grats Tax, great job man!

Post imported post

Good job, t-what!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

I didn't even know people had to go before the gun board in monroe? I got my cpl in march and they never made me appear.

Are you asking people that already have a cpl to attend? can I ask why? not being a smart @ss, just confused.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
    I didn't even know people had to go before the gun board in monroe? I got my cpl in march and they never made me appear.

Are you asking people that already have a cpl to attend? can I ask why? not being a smart @ss, just confused.
    The Gun Board were holding illegal meetings by not allowing the public to attend. These meeting must be open to the public under the Michigan's Open Meeting Act.

Monroe has repeated scoffed at the law by locking out the public. It appears now that they have seen the light and the meetings are open to public view. It's always good to keep an eye on your public officials when they are conducting public business.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:

Tis to be a open meeting and has not ? Need to keep eye and ear on some of dumb thing the three amigos do ! Open is good . And if one has never been you will cry at what you hear .

Post imported post

I see. I agree it's a good thing to keep an eye, I just tought maybe there was an issues and you needed people to come down to help.

I'm suprised that monroe has been difficult, isn't this normally a pretty 2A friendly area? I thought I had heard that the sheriff and prosecuting attorney were also pretty good about things.

I did notice that the cpl packet atthe sheriffs office had and extraform to fill out that isn't in other counties packets.I questioned it on MGO but decided to just fill it out to avoid delaying my approval.

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
    I see. I agree it's a good thing to keep an eye, I just tought maybe there was an issues and you needed people to come down to help.

I'm suprised that monroe has been difficult, isn't this normally a pretty 2A friendly area? I thought I had heard that the sheriff and prosecuting attorney were also pretty good about things.

I did notice that the cpl packet atthe sheriffs office had and extraform to fill out that isn't in other counties packets.I questioned it on MGO but decided to just fill it out to avoid delaying my approval.
    Hmmm... what exactly was asked on the form?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:

From what I have heard and seen in Monroe I would say they are very anti-gun, but pretend they are pro-gun to get elected ala the County Prosecutor.

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

Hmmm... what exactly was asked on the form?
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...ghlight=monroe

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

From what I have heard and seen in Monroe I would say they are very anti-gun, but pretend they are pro-gun to get elected ala the County Prosecutor.
    They are ok with OC though, right? I voted for the libertarian sheriff candidateso i'm not familiar withcrutchfieldsstance on 2A, but I guess i just never saw anyone on the boards compalining about monroe and assumed things were pretty good around here.

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

They are ok with OC though, right? I voted for the libertarian sheriff candidateso i'm not familiar withcrutchfieldsstance on 2A, but I guess i just never saw anyone on the boards compalining about monroe and assumed things were pretty good around here.
    I don't know of any problems with OCing in Monroe county, I don't think we have a lot of people that do it. Taxwhat does and I'm sure he has informed the local LEO's about OC. He and I did a talk at the Cafe in town on OC last year that was well attended.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

I don't know of any problems with OCing in Monroe county, I don't think we have a lot of people that do it. Taxwhat does and I'm sure he has informed the local LEO's about OC. He and I did a talk at the Cafe in town on OC last year that was well attended.
    Many Many old and outdated laws still on books and charges and conviction have occurred .

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

Many Many old and outdated laws still on books and charges and conviction have occurred .
    Any convictions since MOC became active? Say in the last two years?

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

YES Plea bargained by fear and infatuation to make deal !

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

Details then, what charge and what plea? Was this an OC case????

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

I'm surprised that Monroe has been difficult, isn't this normally a pretty 2A friendly area? I thought I had heard that the sheriff and prosecuting attorney were also pretty good about things.

They are ok with OC though, right? I voted for the libertarian sheriff candidateso i'm not familiar withcrutchfieldsstance on 2A, but I guess i just never saw anyone on the boards complaining about Monroe and assumed things were pretty good around here.
    Details then, what charge and what plea? Was this an OC case????Yes
    Past posts on this site .No time now to research at this time . Do you remember MSP case involving prosecutor or is your memory fadeing ?

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:

I'm surprised that Monroe has been difficult, isn't this normally a pretty 2A friendly area? I thought I had heard that the sheriff and prosecuting attorney were also pretty good about things.

They are ok with OC though, right? I voted for the libertarian sheriff candidateso i'm not familiar withcrutchfieldsstance on 2A, but I guess i just never saw anyone on the boards complaining about Monroe and assumed things were pretty good around here.
    Past posts on this site .No time now to research at this time . Do you remember MSP case involving prosecutor or is your memory fadeing ?
    That was political and did not involve OC.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    I see. I agree it's a good thing to keep an eye, I just thought maybe there was an issues and you needed people to come down to help.

That was political and did not involve OC.
    Please let me refresh your memory . Nov 02 2007 five OC charges pending two weeks after reelection charges filed. Political ? Not one member of media covered anything at intimidation of Who ? Store owner with hand gun investigation almost one year.City and County still have on books brandishing No No ? What say you now Political or snake ? BTW NO one from invite list Showed up ! Government list . Some of those are running for Mayor .