• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Gun Board Meetings Monroe Mi

detroit_fan

imported post

I didn't even know people had to go before the gun board in monroe? I got my cpl in march and they never made me appear.

Are you asking people that already have a cpl to attend? can I ask why? not being a smart @ss, just confused.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
I didn't even know people had to go before the gun board in monroe? I got my cpl in march and they never made me appear.

Are you asking people that already have a cpl to attend? can I ask why? not being a smart @ss, just confused.

The Gun Board were holding illegal meetings by not allowing the public to attend. These meeting must be open to the public under the Michigan's Open Meeting Act.

Monroe has repeated scoffed at the law by locking out the public. It appears now that they have seen the light and the meetings are open to public view. It's always good to keep an eye on your public officials when they are conducting public business.

taxwhat

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:

Tis to be a open meeting and has not ? Need to keep eye and ear on some of dumb thing the three amigos do ! Open is good . And if one has never been you will cry at what you hear .

detroit_fan

imported post

I see. I agree it's a good thing to keep an eye, I just tought maybe there was an issues and you needed people to come down to help.

I'm suprised that monroe has been difficult, isn't this normally a pretty 2A friendly area? I thought I had heard that the sheriff and prosecuting attorney were also pretty good about things.

I did notice that the cpl packet atthe sheriffs office had and extraform to fill out that isn't in other counties packets.I questioned it on MGO but decided to just fill it out to avoid delaying my approval.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
I see. I agree it's a good thing to keep an eye, I just tought maybe there was an issues and you needed people to come down to help.

I'm suprised that monroe has been difficult, isn't this normally a pretty 2A friendly area? I thought I had heard that the sheriff and prosecuting attorney were also pretty good about things.

I did notice that the cpl packet atthe sheriffs office had and extraform to fill out that isn't in other counties packets.I questioned it on MGO but decided to just fill it out to avoid delaying my approval.
Hmmm... what exactly was asked on the form?

Venator

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:

From what I have heard and seen in Monroe I would say they are very anti-gun, but pretend they are pro-gun to get elected ala the County Prosecutor.

detroit_fan

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

Hmmm... what exactly was asked on the form?
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35328&highlight=monroe

detroit_fan

imported post

Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

From what I have heard and seen in Monroe I would say they are very anti-gun, but pretend they are pro-gun to get elected ala the County Prosecutor.
They are ok with OC though, right? I voted for the libertarian sheriff candidateso i'm not familiar withcrutchfieldsstance on 2A, but I guess i just never saw anyone on the boards compalining about monroe and assumed things were pretty good around here.

Venator

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

They are ok with OC though, right? I voted for the libertarian sheriff candidateso i'm not familiar withcrutchfieldsstance on 2A, but I guess i just never saw anyone on the boards compalining about monroe and assumed things were pretty good around here.
I don't know of any problems with OCing in Monroe county, I don't think we have a lot of people that do it. Taxwhat does and I'm sure he has informed the local LEO's about OC. He and I did a talk at the Cafe in town on OC last year that was well attended.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

I don't know of any problems with OCing in Monroe county, I don't think we have a lot of people that do it. Taxwhat does and I'm sure he has informed the local LEO's about OC. He and I did a talk at the Cafe in town on OC last year that was well attended.
Many Many old and outdated laws still on books and charges and conviction have occurred .

Venator

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

Many Many old and outdated laws still on books and charges and conviction have occurred .
Any convictions since MOC became active? Say in the last two years?

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

YES Plea bargained by fear and infatuation to make deal !

Venator

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Venator wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
Venator wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

YES Plea bargained by fear and infatuation to make deal !
Details then, what charge and what plea? Was this an OC case????