• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alaska State Troopers show on Natgeo

XD40coyote

imported post

This was on last night, first episode. Interesting show on Alaska SP, that ends with an officer who patrols by helicoptor over wild areas spotting a plane he thinks may be spotting for moose for hunters, which is illegal. So he waits till the plane lands and goes to see what's up and lands down nearby. Turns out to be a lone woman who was flying solo to this spot for the first time, andI got the impression she was flying low either from looking for the location or to look for bears so she can avoid them/know where they are.

Well he is talking to the woman and is acting very polite with her, and never asks her about the pistol hanging off her hip. It didn't look like what you would have for bears, unless it was a 10mm, looked more like she had it for 2 leggeds being as she was a woman alone in the middle of nowhere during active hunting seasons. I would like to know what that weird holster rig she had was though.

LOL, of course I was thinking of what NYC and NJ anti types would be thinking watching this, such as " why doesn't that cop do something about that gun the woman has?", and was giggling inside with the answer ( "it's Alaska you morons! Oh and it's called open carry.")

Bull Frog

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
This was on last night, first episode. Interesting show on Alaska SP, that ends with  an officer who patrols by helicoptor over wild areas spotting a plane he thinks may be spotting for moose for hunters, which is illegal. So he waits till the plane lands and goes to see what's up and lands down nearby. Turns out to be a lone woman who was flying solo to this spot for the first time, and I got the impression she was flying low either from looking for the location or to look for bears so she can avoid them/know where they are.

Well he is talking to the woman and is acting very polite with her, and never asks her about the pistol hanging off her hip. It didn't look like what you would have for bears, unless it was a 10mm, looked more like she had it for 2 leggeds being as she was a woman alone in the middle of nowhere during active hunting seasons. I would like to know what that weird holster rig she had was though.

LOL, of course I was thinking of what NYC and NJ anti types would be thinking watching this, such as " why doesn't that cop do something about that gun the woman has?", and was giggling inside with the answer ( "it's Alaska you morons! Oh and it's called open carry.")

Would it not be wonderful if Alaska was part of the U.S.A, and women were allowed to carry guns? Or, if popcorn was legal in all 50 states?

And the second amendment was valid? In all states?

Dream on, suckers.

post scriptum - From the context of story, I'll bet her pistol was loaded!

pps - moose is mighty good meat! :cool:

Slow to catch onto the woman stuck in ... well, stuck. Times passes before I catch on, too. How about a moose burger? :)

I know, no moose in Maryland. Do they have McDonalds?

But pistols are carried loaded in Alaska - period. My grandmother lives there, and packs two .44 magnums to Sunday school to ward of the preacher.

And his ex-wife totes a 12 gauge. Can you blame them?