Thread: 'nother idea regarding Seattle Parks ban..

Post imported post

i'm thinking of whipping up something in word real quick like an 11x17 poster, laminated, stating the pre-emption law, the AG's opinion and wording to the effect of "this ban is hereby repealed as per RCW 9.41.290 - law enforcement personel and agencies are advise that enforcing this ban is illegal and legal action may be brought against any official who attempts to enforce the parks ban" (paraphrased) that we could tape to or display near the gun ban signs.

being as the 9.41.290 states that "Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality." and thus, this parks ban doesn't actually exist.

thoughts?

Bobby

edit: i need a photo or the exact wording of the signs first...

Post imported post

I approve of this civil obedience.

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    + 2

Post imported post

$6.99 for a 16x20 poster at Costco.com..

Post imported post

i have a copier and a laminating machine at my store. i can make 11x17 for about 50 cents each. looks like i have enough stuff to make about 30 or 40 of them. i need to either go up and see one of the signs or have someone take a pic and post it so i can better know how to word the poster. i'll work on a rough draft tomorrow and post it for edit and wording suggestions.

Bobby

Post imported post

It is unfortunate the Mr. Nickles does not really put the city first. He even said that he knows this will end up in in court over it's constitutionality, yet he still is spending lots of money to enact this measure. After all the litigation and the removal of the signs, I bet this will cost us tax payers an arm and a leg. The funny thing is that he talks like he really cares about the budget. Seems like he is trying to set himself up for a job because is is on his way out.

Banned

Post imported post

to bad its illegal to put a big unconstitutional decal right across it

Post imported post

A bunch of people could open carry there, get harassed by the powers that be, and in that way attract the attention of the state Supreme Court and get this stupid law repealed?

Just an idea, civil disobedience and all of that. I live over on the east side of the state so I'm not too in touch with what's going on over there. But that law is very unconstitutional.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Make them interchangable/generic so theycan be used at a different events. Some signs should be "OpenCarry Washington State Chapter" advertisement.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.