Thread: None resident OC

Post imported post

Hi i'm going to be in Seattle visiting for a month, i dont have a Wa. cpl can a non resident open carry in Wa. is basically my question. i'll be spending most of my time downtown and in the the area of harbor view medical center, is there anything else that you can add that would be helpful to be regarding the carrying of firearms in this area
    thank you

Post imported post

eric55 wrote:
    Hi i'm going to be in Seattle visiting for a month, i dont have a Wa. cpl can a non resident open carry in Wa. is basically my question. i'll be spending most of my time downtown and in the the area of harbor view medical center, is there anything else that you can add that would be helpful to be regarding the carrying of firearms in this area
    thank you
    Yes, you may open carry. Just not loaded in a vehicle.

Check out the FAQ.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Thanks you answered my question. i have one last one, if i'm carrying open do i have to be concerned if my sweater droops down over my gun there by concealing it?

Post imported post

Keep it OC at all times. If it is concealed in any way, then it will be concealed...

Try to get a non resident WA CPL while you are here. See if they can issue it to you within a day. Just bring your own state permit/license to carry concealed with you to show them.

Post imported post

does the whole gun need to be open or is the handle (butt) enough?

Post imported post

eric55 wrote:
    does the whole gun need to be open or is the handle (butt) enough?
    Keep it OWB to be entirely safe.

Post imported post

you guys are great thanks much

Post imported post

swatspyder wrote:
    Keep it OC at all times. If it is concealed in any way, then it will be concealed...

Try to get a non resident WA CPL while you are here. See if they can issue it to you within a day. Just bring your own state permit/license to carry concealed with you to show them.
    Take a day trip to Silverdale and visit the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office. You will have your Washington CPL before you leave their office.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    swatspyder wrote:

Take a day trip to Silverdale and visit the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office. You will have your Washington CPL before you leave their office.
    Thats great thanks for the tip Do you by any chance have the address to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office?

Post imported post

Actually, it looks like you can apply at any of three locations. The Silverdale office is known to issue while you wait.

Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office – Port Orchard
    614 Division St
    Port Orchard, WA 98366
    360-337-7101

Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office – Silverdale
    3951 NW Randall Way
    Silverdale, WA 98383

360-337-7101

Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office – Kingston
    26076 Illinois Ave NE
    Kingston, WA 98346
    360-297-3575

What documents will I need to bring with me?

You will need to bring:

• Picture identification, (i.e. Washington driver’s license or identification card)
    • A fee of $55.25 cash, check, or money order made payable to KCSO (Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office). This fee is non-refundable.
    • If you are Active Duty Military and do not have a State of Washington driver's license or ID card, you will need to present your Military ID and a copy of your orders, showing that you are stationed in Washington State, in order to obtain your Concealed Pistol License within 30 days.

What are the application hours?

Application hours are 9:00-11:00 am and 1:30-3:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays. The application process takes about 30 minutes. The application form can be downloaded here.

Is there a background check?

Yes. You will need to be fingerprinted and a criminal history background check will be conducted before your license is issued

Are there other requirements?

Yes. The following requirements must be met:

• Resident of Kitsap County or a Non-Washington resident
    • 21 years of age or older at time of application
    • Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien, living in Kitsap County, with a permanent resident card (green card), unless you already have an Alien Firearms License
    • No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge
    • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court
    • No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm
    • No mental health restrictions
    • No felony convictions
    • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993;
      • Assault IV
      • Coercion
      • Stalking
      • Reckless Endangerment in the second degree
      • Criminal Trespass in the first degree
      • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Hi guys so i'm in Seattle for a week already prob. be here for another 3, i want to open carry but so far i havent seen even one person oc'ing i would love to do it put i feel so weird being the only one i'm staying at a hotel on pike st. where are all you open carry dudes?!

Post imported post

eric55 wrote:
    Hi guys so i'm in Seattle for a week already prob. be here for another 3, i want to open carry but so far i havent seen even one person oc'ing i would love to do it put i feel so weird being the only one i'm staying at a hotel on pike st. where are all you open carry dudes?!
    Spokane
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

Federal Way, Renton, Tukwila
    Live Free or Die!