• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dollar General

dcrockets

imported post

Hi everyone, first post, and what a way to kick it off.

I have been OC-ing for about the past 8-10 months. I currently carry a taurus pt-145 mil pro in a blackhawk leather check six belt slide holster. The town i live in is quite small, and not all that "easy to spook" when it comes to firearms ( a large portion of the residents hunt or shoot). Being a small town we frequent (2-4 times per week) the local Dollar General. Beats driving 30 miles for soda and tp at
20:00hrs. Of the hundreds of times that i have oc-ed in that store, all have been eventless with the exception of a couple of times where some repeat shoplifter would walk in the door, notice me, then quickly exit.
something the managers and cashiers always get a kick out of. Today when i was looking for some candy and socks (its always the most random things) an employee approached and said "you cant have that gun in here you need to take it out of here". I began telling her that i have been in here hundreds of times and no one has ever said anything before and that they have no posted NFA. She simply ignored me and walked to the back. At first i was tiffed at her statement, I thought i would check into things. Upon calling the corporate office, i was slightly amused to find that no one in the corporate office had any awareness of ANY NFA policy. An hour or so later i called the store to speak with the mgr. who immediateley began appologizing for the issue with the employee, again this was the first time i had called the store. Big props to the management, but its still a little vexing that some people are so concerned about the people they need not be, and not enough about those they should.