• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Capitol Times letter to Editor

altajava

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Fascists weren't all bad:Some of theirpolicies would clean up this country in short order...and that'd be a GOOD thing.

Can't seem to get it done any other way...except maybe for secession and trying to start over.

-- John D.
After weighing the options, secession would be the first choice for me.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Why would "Gun folks" want to keep and bear something that symbolizes "everything they are not"? We wouldn't. It's anti-gun folks that fear the sight or existance of guns.
The gun symbolizes all the self-esteem and self-confidence you don't have. It makes you feel special when you otherwise don't. It makes people fear you when they'd otherwise laugh at you. The gun is everything you are not. Get it now?

NigNog

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
No, as that is inaccurate so far as I am concerned. Though you may not believe that.
In your case, it very well could be. As a general rule, it's dead on.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

So NigNog, (interesting name you chose BTW, I remember seeing it on another forum)

Are you anti-freedom? do you fear firearms?
Do you feel the 2nd amendment to the constitution does not apply to the citizens of this once great country. Get your stance out in the open for all to know.

B

Bikenut

imported post

NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Why would "Gun folks" want to keep and bear something that symbolizes "everything they are not"? We wouldn't. It's anti-gun folks that fear the sight or existance of guns.
The gun symbolizes all the self-esteem and self-confidence you don't have. It makes you feel special when you otherwise don't. It makes people fear you when they'd otherwise laugh at you. The gun is everything you are not. Get it now?
Your ridicule and derision of open carry shows you are afraid of standing up for your rights and for yourself. It shows a lack of courage and convictions. It is YOU who fear others will laugh at you if you dared carry openly. It is YOU who is projecting your lack of self confidence and self esteem onto others who do have the self esteem and confidence to stand up.

You ridicule gun owners/carriers for doing what you don't have the courage to do.... stand on your own two feet without worrying about being accepted by those around you. It is YOU who is so lacking in courage that you must judge your self esteem and worth by the acceptance of those around you.

The gun is everything that you are not... and will never have the courage to be. The gun is a symbol of self sufficiency... of courage to deal with what real life sends... of taking personal responsibility for, and dealing with the consequences of, your actions... of holding true to ideals and ethics even when other people scoff and ridicule. Get it now?

It is YOU who doesn't understand that "keep and bear arms" is a RIGHT each person is born with.. a RIGHT that doesn't have to be earned or asked permission for but is as much a part of a person at birth as their physical body parts. And each and every person owns that right just as much as they own their bodys.

You are aware that the Bill of Rights is NOT the government telling us what rights we are allowed to have............. but it is "we the people" telling the government what rights "we the people" are born with and the government is not allowed take away from us?

You are using "Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals" ... the same play book that drives the leftist agenda. And folks are wise to those tactics... and the people who use them to attack freedom.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
So NigNog, (interesting name you chose BTW, I remember seeing it on another forum)

Are you anti-freedom? do you fear firearms?
Do you feel the 2nd amendment to the constitution does not apply to the citizens of this once great country. Get your stance out in the open for all to know.

Funny how opinions are only allowed to be bianary.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

I lack neither self-esteem nor self-confidence...whether people fear me, or if they would laugh at me, is not my problem...it is theirs!

I carry a gun for one reason and one reason alone...my GODGIVENRIGHT of SELF PROTECTION. I feel my life, and those of my family,are worth protecting...maybe you don't feel the same about your life and the lives of your loved ones; but, once again...that isYOUR problem, not mine.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

I lack neither self-esteem nor self-confidence...whether people fear me, or if they would laugh at me, is not my problem...it is theirs!

I carry a gun for one reason and one reason alone...my GODGIVENRIGHT of SELF PROTECTION. I feel my life, and those of my family,are worth protecting...maybe you don't feel the same about your life and the lives of your loved ones; but, once again...that isYOUR problem, not mine.
Come off it man. If you missed the other thread that contained my operating logic, don't respond to my comments in this one. You're miles off base.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
You ridicule gun owners/carriers for doing what you don't have the courage to do.... stand on your own two feet without worrying about being accepted by those around you.
I don't worry about acceptance. I worry about the motives of others. I do carry. I do not make a public statement outof it. If you choose to, that's your perogative. Don't bill it as anything other than what it is, a public statement. There's an important need to separate the motive of simple self-defense vs. the motive behind open carrying - they are worlds apart. Open carry is a subset of self-defense, it is not self-defense in and of itself. Open carry is a public statement. Open carry is a method of self-defense which allows you to make a public statement. Do you follow? Do not bill it as other than what it is. Its purpose is to make a statement. Whether that statement is "I have rights" or "Look at me, I'm a badass" depends on the individual. Many here are confused and equate open carry with self-defense, that's a misnomer.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Error =/= misnomer Pretty good for ESL from ebonics.

I meant exactly what I said. Your racism is showing - I'm not black.

Main Entry: mis·no·mer[/b]
Pronunciation: \ˌmis-ˈnō-mər\
Function: noun[/i]
Etymology: Middle English misnoumer,[/i] from Anglo-French mesnomer[/i], from mes-[/i] mis- + nomer[/i] to name, from Latin nominare[/i] — more at nominate
Date: 15th century
1[/b] :[/b] the misnaming of a person in a legal instrument2 a[/b] :[/b] a use of a wrong or inappropriate name b[/b] :[/b] a wrong name or inappropriate designation

NigNog

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
NigNog wrote:
I meant exactly what I said. Your racism is showing - I'm not black.
I am allowed to be racist and I know what the word really means. No one has suggested that you are anything other than transparent.

You are allowed to be racist, and I am allowed to call you as you are: an ignorant racist. You're a shining example of what's wrong with this movement and the deeplyingrained racism it suffers from. I wouldn't expect much else from the evangelical right.